I installed google sync on my Tour for my Gmail account. Everytime I sync, I get some contacts that are doubled, quadrupled, etc on the phone. Also my calendar events are doubled on the phone but are then erased on Gmail.

Anyone who knows how to make the sync behave?

Thanks
    06-03-10 01:49 AM
    I get the same with the contacts, not with the calendar however
    06-03-10 05:13 AM
    open sync > menu > options > menu > reset calender / contact sync. This will whip all the respective data off the phone, and get a fresh down load from the google site. however, any data that you added to calender / contacts on your bb with probably be lost. are you using another sync service? i tried to use 2 at once (trying to figure out what one i like better...), that really messes stuff up.

hope this helps.
    06-03-10 07:01 AM
    Google sync requires that the ability to create duplicate contacts be active. I think during a sync, it creates a duplicate contact and is supposed to remove the old one, but doesn't.

I don't use Google Sync for my contacts anymore (although I do use it for the calendar).

For syncing contacts, Verizon's BIS should be able to do wireless syncing (I have Sprint, and this is the method I use for contact synchronization). Just go into your BIS, edit your gmail account, and activate contact syncing. The only problem with this type of syncing is that you can't have any contact pictures.
    06-03-10 08:51 AM
    As Nacho said, make sure you aren't syncing with something else. I was also syncing to Outlook and that created some havoc. I went from about 1800 contacts to almost 6000! That was fun to clean up. Ugh.
    06-03-10 09:05 AM
    Also check your BIS sync options. It did that to me and annoyed the crap out of me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 09:55 AM
    ive realized the same thing myself. i had a **** of a time getting this to work. now ive either added the contacts to my bb or to gmail. its it a good thing to have because you can have a double back up for your contacts. once you figure out how to use it....
    06-03-10 01:28 PM
    All,

The best I can tell, I am not syncing to outlook along with gmail.

What's a BIS and how do I check it/set it up?

I decided to remove the gmail sync from my phone and start over. I removed the the gmail and gmail sync apps. When I tried to sync to outlook again (to restore my contacts) it said that gmail was still in charge of syncing contacts. I tried to remove the gmail account from the the default services page but there are no other options. My next step will be to remove the gmail email account from the phone all together.....unless anyone has any other ideas.

Thanks
    06-07-10 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD