My friends BB was stolen last weekend. And I see the BBM pic changed... What can my friend do about it? Friend's with Rogers. My friend called in and asked if they can track who's using it, and Rogers said no.

Is there really nothing we can do? Thanks!
    06-02-10 04:01 PM
    If your friends phone was stolen and they have an account with Rogers, about the only thing to do is render the phone inoperable. Tell them to tell Rogers to shut it off and blacklist the PIN/IMEI numbers. I doubt if they will get any sympathy from law enforcement on this.
    06-02-10 04:11 PM
    Can you actually tell Rogers to blacklist the phone? I thought it's only the dealers that can deactivate the phone?

We only deactivated the sim card so far. But we were hoping we can somehow track the phone number through the IMEI number.
    06-02-10 04:20 PM
    Rogers is GSM and usually GSM providers don't blacklist GSM phones.
    06-02-10 05:39 PM
    Call Rogers and get the account deactivated first of all. Second, do not have the PIN detached from the account. That way the person can't use BIS at all even if they get an account for themselves.
    06-02-10 06:25 PM
    Call Rogers and get the account deactivated first of all. Second, do not have the PIN detached from the account. That way the person can't use BIS at all even if they get an account for themselves.
    Concur on leaving the BIS active and attached to the phone's PIN to lock it out from being used on another BIS account. However, it is wise to either - change the mailbox password of any email sent to the phone, -or- login to BIS and remove the email accounts (only the accounts) from BIS, to prevent the thief getting the owner's email.
    06-02-10 07:25 PM
    The SIM is already deactivated the night of. So I'm guessing it's kinda too late to lock out the PIN since I already seen the BBM picture change. Didn't bother messaging the person yet. But called in and they said the BIS on the phone is not active.

So pretty much I guess we're SOL of getting the phone back either way?
    06-02-10 09:07 PM
    Too late now, but this is why I suggest using something like this.
    06-02-10 10:37 PM
    Too late now, but this is why I suggest using something like this.
    yes, i have this downloaded into mine, but hopefully never have to use it...
    06-02-10 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD