I hear about 5 droid commercials on radio and see a few commercials a day, I remember seeing storm billboards but nothing for bold if it was not for me keeping up on internet sites I would have no idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 01:01 PM
    I hear about 5 droid commercials on radio and see a few commercials a day, I remember seeing storm billboards but nothing for bold if it was not for me keeping up on internet sites I would have no idea.
    They probably assume the Bold, like the Tour, is more of a "business device" where the Storm was consumer-targeted, and the Droids are definitely for consumers.
    06-02-10 01:11 PM
    They probably assume the Bold, like the Tour, is more of a "business device" where the Storm was consumer-targeted, and the Droids are definitely for consumers.
    I don't get this, my wife and I both use our BB for personal use along with our friends, I see teens everyday rocking the BB and its for the same thing. I think they is just as many personal users out there.

06-02-10 01:23 PM
    I don't get this, my wife and I both use our BB for personal use along with our friends, I see teens everyday rocking the BB and its for the same thing. I think they is just as many personal users out there.
    I'm not denying that consumers use the Tour and will use the new Bold. But I think Verizon considers the Tour and Bold to be more business-friendly whereas the Curve, Storm, and (clearly) Droids are consumer devices. I mean, think about it. Both the Tour and the new Bold will be released with non-camera versions ... I think that shows it's targeted for business.

Don't get me wrong ... once my NE2 is due next month I'll be upgrading to the 9650, and I'm not using it for business.
    06-02-10 02:05 PM
    It's targeted towards a different crowd. The general public won't rush to get this phone like a Droid or the Incredible. It is offered mainly for business purposes.
    06-02-10 02:33 PM
    Who needs commercials, I am ordering mine tomorrow. Interesting though, phonescoop stated that the Bold will have global tethering access. Interesting
    06-02-10 07:13 PM
    Who needs commercials, I am ordering mine tomorrow. Interesting though, phonescoop stated that the Bold will have global tethering access. Interesting
    Because it will lastraid....
    We have an email at work about it rolling out tomorrow with the device launch.

06-02-10 07:48 PM
    Who needs commercials
    I think we all do, the more people with the phone the better support it gets..hopefully.
    06-02-10 07:53 PM
    Because it will lastraid....
    We have an email at work about it rolling out tomorrow with the device launch.

The public can already see the announcement on the Web site. Get Bold With The BlackBerry Bold 9650 Smartphone From Verizon Wireless
    06-02-10 07:55 PM
    Cool, with VZAV 6 - part is finally free and options to get day, week, or monthly use. Cool
    06-02-10 08:34 PM
    Cool, with VZAV 6 - part is finally free and options to get day, week, or monthly use. Cool
    Interesting about VZ NAV 6. I already downloaded it on my S2. But are they saying you can use the mapping and searching for free, but not the turn by turn?
    06-02-10 09:08 PM
    That's cool that they allow VZNAV to be purchased for daily or weekly use. That would be very useful for someone who is going on vacation and doesn't usually travel, but only needs turn-by-turn during his vacation travel.
    06-02-10 09:13 PM

As I've been explaining on the 9650 forum, this release really, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't hold a candle to a release of one the new Droids or any thing else in that category. In Verizon's eyes, it's simply a replacement for the Tour.
    06-03-10 09:25 AM
    Most likely they WILL have some commercial after the actual release of the device, but it will not get the hype and pre release type attention and marketing the Storm line and Droid lines got. But you will see some commercials and the general BB commercial will start to show the "New Bold" soon, I'm sure.
    06-03-10 09:38 AM
    Interesting about VZ NAV 6. I already downloaded it on my S2. But are they saying you can use the mapping and searching for free, but not the turn by turn?
    LoL ......
    06-07-10 06:08 AM
    Did I read the Verizon notice correctly - the new BOLD will be only $149 after a mail in rebate if you extend your contract?
    06-07-10 08:48 AM
    I got mine online for $99.

06-07-10 09:45 AM
    1) As mentioned, any BB marketing dollars are being held for a flagship v6 device. The 9650 really isn't flashy or exciting.

2) If the last few BB devices are any guide, VZW and RIM need to save the money they would spend on marketing for tech support and warranty replacements!
    06-14-10 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD