It's early, I am bored.

I am not sure what everyone elses situation is, but I have been tempted to upgrade to the 9700 even though I don't have an upgrade from Rogers yet for another 7 months. And frankly, I just don't like how "small" the "BOLD"9700 is (shouldn't be called a BOLD, they should have made a new line for it IMO)

Anyways, what device are you Bold 9000 users are waiting for?

Personally, the 9800 looks like the next in line for me, although that will depend on the size of the keyboard, as I am still paitinetly waiting for a BB close to same size of the 9000
    06-02-10 06:58 AM
    Not sure about the 9700. I'm a consultant working at a client who just rolled out the Tour to its staff. Most don't like the smaller keyboard, and I think the 9700 is similar in size.

I'm going to consider the new iPhone (yeah, I may be a traitor) and the 9800, but I wonder if the latter will feel too "fat", being a slider.
    06-02-10 08:20 AM
    It's early, I am bored.

I am not sure what everyone elses situation is, but I have been tempted to upgrade to the 9700 even though I don't have an upgrade from Rogers yet for another 7 months. And frankly, I just don't like how "small" the "BOLD"9700 is (shouldn't be called a BOLD, they should have made a new line for it IMO)

Anyways, what device are you Bold 9000 users are waiting for?

Personally, the 9800 looks like the next in line for me, although that will depend on the size of the keyboard, as I am still paitinetly waiting for a BB close to same size of the 9000
    I keep waiting for what has been nicknamed the Magnum. I've had my 9000 for almost 2 years, and now getting bored with it. My contract with AT&T
    expired last Agusut, so I can get any phone, but really love Blackberry.
    So...waiting, waiting, waiting....patiently.
    06-02-10 01:36 PM
    I'm also waiting patiently for a new 9000 sized device. I'd like to play with the slider and clamshell just to see how they are, but I'm almost definitely hanging onto my bold (9000 is the only real BOLD) for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 02:23 PM
    I am waiting for the Pearl 9105 because of it's practical form factor.
    06-02-10 02:29 PM
    Waitin for the new Iphone 4G!!!!! J/K
    Im waiting for OS6 to drop on this 9700, I hope it is as good as I imagine it to be.
    06-02-10 04:25 PM
    I'm also waiting patiently for a new 9000 sized device. I'd like to play with the slider and clamshell just to see how they are, but I'm almost definitely hanging onto my bold (9000 is the only real BOLD) for now.

My thoughts exactly. 9000 size is the best ever.

06-02-10 06:53 PM
    I am waiting for a 9000 size with OS 6. Maybe touch screen but I can't give up the real keyboard. We will see..
    06-02-10 07:51 PM
    after much experience using them, i can say rim really did dropped the ball with the 9700 keyboard. the size of the 9700 i can get used to but come on the miniscule keys for a guy just does not cut it. the 9700 is extremely fast and the battery fully lives up to its expectation.the screen resolution of the 9700 is super awesome. it displays clear crisp vivid images with that 3.2 megapixal camera.os 6.0 will make the 9700 just that better. the 9700 definitely fits the curve line better then the bold line with its size. i am not going to buy that 9800 slider. its just not what im looking for.just hope the iphone hd does not grab my attention. i don't want to go to the i-world.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 06-02-10 at 09:11 PM.
    06-02-10 08:06 PM
    As much as I love my Bold and cant be without it, Im thinking of trying something new when my contract is up in the fall.
    I dunno if I should bite on a droid type phone or not.
    The trackball annoys me with the BB's,.but otherwise awesome phones
    06-04-10 10:31 AM
    As much as I love my Bold and cant be without it, Im thinking of trying something new when my contract is up in the fall.
    I dunno if I should bite on a droid type phone or not.
    The trackball annoys me with the BB's,.but otherwise awesome phones
    I think the new devices are all using trackpads rather than trackballs, so you may like them better.

06-04-10 10:55 AM
    i love my bold9000, but like many users, i always like a new toy and nothing else seems really appealing right now. i'm on ATT so i dont have the option of the storm, but if i did, i -might- be intrigued to try it out at least. i'm not even sure of the +/-'s of it compared to bold, because i've never had the option of getting it, but i'm starting to come around to the idea of a touchscreen in general...i have about 6months to go before my contract is up, and hopefully something interesting is in the pipeline by then, if not out by then...
    06-04-10 11:05 AM
    Broken record here...also waiting patiently on a new BB that is 9000-sized. The holy grail for months and months has been the Dakota...supposedly 9000-sized with a touch screen as well. I want trackpad, 512mb memory, OS6, webkit etc. but most importantly I don't want to go to the smaller form factor of the 9700.

Though I could ask AT&T for an early upgrade, my actual upgrade date is a month away...but it looks like I'll have to keep on waiting.
    06-04-10 11:20 AM
    I'm doing everything to keep my 9000 healthy so that I can avoid upgrading to the 9700. I really want to see if RIM does a good job with OS 6.0 before I commit to another 2 years with a BlackBerry. If OS 6.0 isn't what we're all expecting, then I'm afraid I'll have to make a switch.
    06-04-10 11:50 AM
    Was just thinking about this the other day as I was packing up the 9700 I was about to upgrade to and going back to my 9000. I sent it back in order to reserve my upgrade status for (hopefully) a device with the form factor of a 9000 but the features of the 9700 (more memory, track pad, OS 5 or 6).

While I probably could have got used to the keyboard, I just couldn't get past the smaller screen. it made the fonts appear smaller.
    06-04-10 03:55 PM
    The more pics I see of that 9800 the more I'm interested in it. Not sure of the size of the keyboard on it though.
    Ideally I'd prefer a 9000 size new bold but barring that I may give the 9800 slider a try. Of course I have a while to wait until I can upgrade unless I want to pay full price and I don't see anything coming out that I'd even consider doing that for.
    06-04-10 08:21 PM
    By the time the 9800 is available I'll be eligible for an upgrade, and for me it's a no-brainer. Definitely sticking with BB as they are the most solid devices I've ever owned, hands down. HTC quality is terrible. The BB does what I need it to do and it does it the best. The 9800 will definitely be my next device, as I highly doubt any other device available at that time will be able to compare.

06-05-10 03:04 PM
    I am definitely not trying to crash the Bold 9000 party, but I am holding on to this S1 until verizon launches a decent touchscreen! I mean really, the S2 isn't worth upgrading and signing a two year commitment... I want the 9800 but I refuse to go to ATT.
    I guess I has this S1 til fall

06-05-10 04:13 PM
    Waiting for the first batch of the 9800 to come out in order to avoid any first batch problems and then possibly upgrading.
    06-05-10 04:40 PM
    I am waiting for a 9000 size with OS 6. Maybe touch screen but I can't give up the real keyboard. We will see..
    My thoughts exactly. I got a little bored with my BOLD so I did a blackout job. I've been hanging in there with it since. My upgrade is ready now but I'm just not turned on by the 9700.

I think bold 9000 size, with touch and OS6 will be the device for me... RIM are you listening?

06-05-10 08:18 PM
    I've little doubt that waiting for the vaporphone otherwise known as the Dakota is waiting for Godot. (Plus I'm not so sure it really would have a 9000-sized keyboard, and not the 9700's, if it ever did come out, which would not be any time soon in any event.) And I'm not so inflexible and uncoordinated that I couldn't adjust readily to a keyboard slightly smaller than the 9000's (as long as it is a BB keyboard).

I like the idea of a bigger screen, and a touch screen at that, as long as I still will have the BB keyboard, even if it is 9700-sized.

The 9800 should fit the bill. In spades.
    06-06-10 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD