Hi,

I figured this maybe a simple case of reloading the firmware but I wanted to know id nyone else had any insights.

Basically I can't get to the home screen, I have a password on my phone, soon as I try to unlock it the phone locks up.

I've done a battery pull and removing the SD card and the SIM but no joy.

But if I use the phone to make calls its fine.

Its really weird to say the least.

It could be the password causing it, is there anyway for me to disable the password outside of the phone itself? Such as using desktop manager? Or should I just bite the bullet and update the firmware?
    Last edited by BerryUK; 06-01-10 at 03:38 PM.
    06-01-10 03:30 PM
    What changes have you made to your device, including add any new 3rd party apps???
    06-01-10 03:43 PM
    Thatsthe odd thing, nothing at all. Last thing I did was access Orange Maps, and then its been like this ever since.
    06-01-10 03:48 PM
    Hi,

I figured this maybe a simple case of reloading the firmware but I wanted to know id nyone else had any insights.

Basically I can't get to the home screen, I have a password on my phone, soon as I try to unlock it the phone locks up.

I've done a battery pull and removing the SD card and the SIM but no joy.

But if I use the phone to make calls its fine.

Its really weird to say the least.

It could be the password causing it, is there anyway for me to disable the password outside of the phone itself? Such as using desktop manager? Or should I just bite the bullet and update the firmware?
    Hi Berry,

Did you upgraded docs. to go recently?

I had the same problem after upgrading Doc. to go.
    If this is the case check this threat for the solution:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/pl...screen-477001/

P.S.
    If you hold the menu button, does the "running app pop-up" appear?
    Last edited by r-ritzen; 06-01-10 at 03:56 PM.
    06-01-10 03:54 PM
    I tried to upgrade it the other day come to think of it, and the phone beings going nuts since I've battery pulled it, so likely that's the cause. I'll try deleting it using DM later then.
    06-01-10 04:08 PM
    P.S.
    If you hold the menu button, does the "running app pop-up" appear?
    Yes it does,
    06-01-10 04:09 PM
    Yes it does,
    Ok, you have to upgrade your OS to .680
    After the upgrade everything should work properly.

The .680 OS got doc. to go 2.0, build in.
    06-01-10 04:14 PM
    I tried to upgrade it the other day come to think of it, and the phone beings going nuts since I've battery pulled it, so likely that's the cause. I'll try deleting it using DM later then.
    If you got the error when upgrading doc2go you proberly won't see it in your app list in DM. It's best upgrading your entire OS.
    06-01-10 04:22 PM
    If you have the OS still loaded on your PC... and you've already deleted the Vendor.xml, then start the Loader.exe in the same location as the Vendor.xml... DO NOT START DM!!!

When the list of apps comes up, you should be able to find Docs-to-go and uncheck it... then click the Next button.
    06-01-10 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD