I was just wondering if there is anyone here that has the phone or at least played with it that can answer a bunch of our questions. It would be nice to have some solid answers and opinions from people that have used the phone.

I hope someone can help us or at least me with this Thank you!

EDIT: (From pkcable) We will make THIS be that thread, and Sal will be out point man with his friend with the device. I'm calling it Unofficial because it's an unreleased device, in testing etc.
    Last edited by pkcable; 06-03-10 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Adding info
    05-31-10 05:47 PM
    The Blackberry Help link is good, as is the Tips, How To and FAQs.
    05-31-10 05:51 PM
    I was just wondering if there is anyone here that has the phone or at least played with it that can answer a bunch of our questions. It would be nice to have some solid answers and opinions from people that have used the phone.

Hopefully PG can help us out here once he gets a 9800. I know he gave some great info. about the 9700 when he was testing it.
    05-31-10 06:19 PM
    I am actually talking about the 9800

I did these type of Q&A threads for the 9550, 9700, 9100, and 9650 a while back. Its just hard to get a hold of this one, but I have some questions and I'd love for someone to do the same thing for this phone
    05-31-10 08:10 PM
    I am sure that people who currently have a 9800 would love to not get beaten to death by their nda too.
    06-01-10 03:12 AM
    If you have a 9800 why wouldn't you answer a few questions how would they know its you
    06-01-10 05:55 AM
    Hey sal can you explain how this whole NDA thing works from start to finish his do you test a phone do you work for rim?
    06-01-10 05:57 AM
    PG should be getting his this week -- maybe today! No doubt he will chime in.
    06-01-10 06:05 AM
    No word yet today but hopefully it will be this week!!

The NDA thing is a little touchy. Its basically a non disclosure agreement that states we won't share anything we know or learn about upcoming devices etc.

That said there are some limits to what I am able/willing to share but I choose to share some info because I believe it does a few things.

1) you guys come up with great suggestions on things to try, features to test that I may not normally use so I test those and report back the problems. In the end this makes the device better before release and results in happier customers.

2) adds to the buzz about a particular device and in the end generates more sales because you have more "informed" people buying the device.

3) hopefully will cause people to look at the blackberry and not the fruit of the month device which I believe will generate more revenue to my company since we don't have to pay it to the fruit of the month club...

I'll let you know when I know it's out!

PG
    Last edited by phonegeek; 06-01-10 at 11:35 AM.
    06-01-10 11:32 AM
    I'm excited! Thanks PG. Really looking forward to this!
    06-01-10 11:47 AM
    Hey sal can you explain how this whole NDA thing works from start to finish his do you test a phone do you work for rim?
    An NDA is just a Non Disclosure Agreement like PG just said. They basically make you sign this so that if you say anything about the phone you are not supposed to you are in a position to get fired and sued.

And nope... I don't work for RIM. That's just some rumor that some creepy guy made up.
    06-01-10 11:49 AM
    You really need a lawyer to explain NDAs exactly but they are legal agreements usually between one company and another or between a company and a person. The person may or may not be an employee.

What an NDA is usually designed to do is to allow the company to give (Disclose) information or a product to someone else whilst enforcing upon that someone else their will that they must not disclose (tell) anyone else what the heve seen and therefore now know. It's a way of showing something and often getting an opinion whilst still keeping it secret. (Pssst, look at this. Ain't it cool. Waddya think? Don't tell no one, or else). Is one way of summing it up, I suppose.

What is disclosed is usually fairly well laid down in the agreement and very often the agreement itself is a part of the NDA. This would mean that if someone (company or person, employee or not) signed an NDA then the are not allowed to disclose even the existence of the NDA. In turn this would mean that whateve forms part of the NDA is also not to be disclosed.

NDAs are very common and are widely used and well understood and are used to protect products and intellectual property rights.

Here is a sample text of an NDA.
    06-01-10 12:15 PM

RIM seem to be keeping this one pretty quiet. I have seen nothing about this phone other than what has appeared on the public sites.
    06-01-10 12:35 PM
    RIM seem to be keeping this one pretty quiet. I have seen nothing about this phone other than what has appeared on the public sites.
    Agreed! its nuts. Let me ask you something (not sure if you or anyone else has an answer for this one).

If someone outside of RIM gets one did they put a tracking type of deal on this model?! That's the only way you can explain why we haven't seen more of it...
    06-01-10 12:38 PM
    Can anyone answer whether this slider has taken over for the dakota or magnum we saw a dummy unit of it on cellularguru do you guys remember
    06-01-10 12:46 PM
    Agreed! its nuts. Let me ask you something (not sure if you or anyone else has an answer for this one).

If someone outside of RIM gets one did they put a tracking type of deal on this model?! That's the only way you can explain why we haven't seen more of it...
    If you recall, a couple of 9000 models showed up on Ebay (and Kevin bought one) months and months before that phone was released . . . I think those days may be gone.
    06-01-10 01:19 PM

I think that RIM are keeping this very quite indeed. After all the other leaks, they may have deciced that leaking new products is not the best nmarketing strategy.

I tend toward the following:
    - A much smaller test group.
    - a new and stronger NDA. SO that those that know are keeping it themselves.
    - a phone that works well from the outset and does not need wide circulation.

I have heard nothing from the other mods about the 9800 and In general if anyone gets one, we hear about it a day or so earlier than it hits the forum. WHy? Well, if you get a new toy it takes a coupl eof hours before you are ready to write about it. At lest if you want to write sensibly.

I do know that I will be buying one of these but I'll wait a week or so to make sure that RIM have not produced andother Storm 1.

The above is why I like leaks like you have gotten in the past.
    06-01-10 01:49 PM
    Well.... GOOD NEWS

A guy that owns one of these bad boys contacted me because of this post! I will pass along as much info as possible. I'm trying to see if I can post the pics he sent me too
    06-02-10 12:44 AM
    Bring it on!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-10 01:13 AM
    Bring it on!

He is trying to figure out how to watermark them. LOL Give him a couple mins. I'm walking him through the process.
    06-02-10 01:16 AM
    There ya go! That's one.
    06-02-10 01:25 AM
    Nice, has he handled a bold 9000 before? If so how is the keyboard feel/size compared to it? I am really hoping it's close, I was playing with my friends 9700 and after getting so used to my 9000 his phone felt so tiny.
    06-02-10 01:29 AM
    Nice, has he handled a bold 9000 before? If so how is the keyboard feel/size compared to it? I am really hoping it's close, I was playing with my friends 9700 and after getting so used to my 9000 his phone felt so tiny.
    I actually don't wanna bother him with a lot of back and forth and I hope you don't mind if I get a bunch of questions and send them all at the same time. That way I won't have to ask him a million things

I'll get your guys' and my questions and continue bothering him tomorrow with all at once. Make it into a once or twice a day type of deal.

So please ask away
    06-02-10 01:32 AM
    Sure thing no problem
    06-02-10 01:54 AM
    How many MP is the camera? What size battery? Screen resolution?
    Keep the pictures coming great work

06-02-10 02:30 AM
1,689 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD