Hi, wasn't sure if this was the best forum to post this issue in or not. I have yahool email through BIS on my Storm 2. Recently, my blackberry fails to sync with messages deleted in my yahoo inbox. I have to go on the device and delete the email a second time. Has anyone else had this issue or can you offer any advice to fix the issue?

I have tried waiting an hour or more to see if the blackberry will reconcile and remove the messages. Also, I go into my email and select reconcile now. These things did not work. I have not changed any of my email sync settings from when the blackberry was syncing fully. They are still set to inbox wins. Also, I even tried resending service books and deleting/reinstalling the yahoo email. None of these have worked so far!

Thanks in advance for any help!
    05-31-10 04:04 PM
    From what I had heard, sometimes the sync can take up to 2 or more hours. I know Adam had blogged about BIS3 and mentioned that.

Have you tried removing the account and adding it again?
    05-31-10 04:37 PM
    I'm having the same problem.
    06-03-10 07:13 AM
    Weird cause I started having this issue yesterday. I thought it was from installing the new hybrid but I reverted to an older hybrid that I knew it worked fine on previously and it's still not working. I'm glad it's not just my account. I've tried deleting the account on my BB and resetting it up already and it still doesn't work for me. It works when you delete the email from your BB and choose on handheld & mailbox but not when you delete it from your computer, the BB doesn't sync up.
    06-03-10 08:14 AM
    This is a new problem for me too, just this week. Have talked to 6 people at sprint. They have no idea. reset phone, reset email, added new software, still on hold with no solution. I would LOVE for someone to post an answer here!!!
    06-04-10 10:59 AM
    I've had the same issue on Verizon and eventually it syncs.
    06-04-10 11:13 AM
    I've had the same issue on Verizon and eventually it syncs.
    How long is eventually?
    06-04-10 12:20 PM
    I left mine for over 24 hours to see if it would sync and it didn't so I'm not sure what the deal is.
    06-04-10 01:15 PM
    is it just US carriers?? im with telus and my email SUCKS right now!! what the ****!
    06-04-10 01:35 PM
    I'm with Verizon and also have the same problem. My issue is that the syncing works great when I delete an email from the device, within a minute. However, when I delete an email from the computer, nothing happens. I will do a test to see how long it takes since some of you are saying it could take up to 24 hours.
    06-05-10 05:14 AM
    I'm with Verizon and also have the same problem. My issue is that the syncing works great when I delete an email from the device, within a minute. However, when I delete an email from the computer, nothing happens. I will do a test to see how long it takes since some of you are saying it could take up to 24 hours.
    Someone told me a long time ago that it only works one way. You can delete on the BB and if you do it before it shows up in your inbox on your computer it will not show up. But if you delete on your computer, it will still show up on the BB.
    06-05-10 08:16 AM
    Someone told me a long time ago that it only works one way. You can delete on the BB and if you do it before it shows up in your inbox on your computer it will not show up. But if you delete on your computer, it will still show up on the BB.
    That's not true. Yahoo email sync'ed both ways perfectly fine until about a week ago. Surprises me more aren't complaining about this. I guess not many Yahoo email users?
    06-05-10 02:54 PM
    This just started on my phone as well. We use yahoo to host our business email and it used to sync instantly, but has just started taking a long time to sync. It has been running maybe an hour or longer now. It seems like this started when they said that gmail was now able to two-way sync. Maybe verizon or blackberry changed something on the BIS??
    06-10-10 02:39 PM
    I'm glad to here that others are having the same issue. I'm on At &T and never had a problem until recently. Has anyone heard or found a fix that works? I'll be honest I've only waited a few hours to see if it would sync (it didn't), but it used to be instant.
    06-19-10 11:21 AM
    As far as what I have read there is no fix yet, and the problem is on Yahoo's side.

I just hope they can fix this soon since it is starting to be a bother.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 01:26 PM
    Someone posted in a different thread yesterday that Yahoo expects to fix it by the end of July.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-19-10 01:28 PM
    i dont seem to be having any issue, then again yahoo is my spam email box anyway ,,
    06-19-10 01:30 PM
    You can read other forum's user's comments on this issue at Blackberry's forums here. Someone there had suggested writing to the CEOs of Yahoo, RIM, and Boost (that user's cell carrier) with our complaints about not being able to sync email between Yahoo and our Blackberries, but the site admin repeatedly has taken down the addresses. So I found them and repost them here for your use.

Carol Bartz, CEO
    Yahoo! Inc
    701 First Avenue
    Sunnyvale, CA. 94089

Mike Lazaridis, co-CEO
    Jim Balsillie, co-CEO
    Research In Motion, Inc
    295 Phillip St.
    Waterloo, Ontario
    Canada N2l 3W8

Dan Schulman, President
    Sprint Pre-Paid Group
    Boost Mobile, LLC
    9060 Irvine Center Drive
    Irvine, CA. 92618

The guy's suggestion was to write paper letters to each of these people complaining about the syncing issue and how unhappy we are with it, and to keep up the pressure on them until they fix the problem. Hopefully the admin on Crackberry won't delete this post.
    06-21-10 10:51 AM
    Have the same problem and it's getting old
    07-21-10 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD