I copied this off the "4G" site about RIM working on a BB with LTE for Verizon

"There has been quite a bit of talk regarding Verizon's LTE network lately. As the months go by, the anticipation grows as people wonder if Verizon can get everything launched on time. So, it was surprising to find out that RIM (manufacturers of Blackberry) is currently working one of the first LTE handsets for Verizon's LTE! This information was announced by Lowell Mc Adam, Verizon's CEO, at the Reuters Global Technology Summit. This is exciting news for those that have been following Verizon's LTE launch and are eagerly awaiting news about what products they'll be able to use on the soon-to-be launched network.

The announcement of RIM's creation of an LTE phone comes at an interesting time in the 4G world, as Sprint is set to launch their first 4G-capable phone (the HTC EVO 4G) June 4th. Sprint and HTC have gotten enormous buzz and attention from their first WiMAX phone - we wonder if Verizon and RIM will see the same interest in an LTE Blackberry?"
    05-31-10 11:19 AM
    Well, I take this all with mixed feelings. First, OF COURSE BB is looking at LTE devices for VZW's new configuration, that's not really news. RIM would be dumber than a box of rocks to ignore the nation's largest carrier coverage. And it's no surprise that VZW would say something--anything in fact--to get a little press and assure folks that "stuff is happening." Lowell McAdam's statement really says nothing, lol. I'm sure everyone else is looking at how to create devices for LTE as well. If they wish to continue doing business with VZW, they're going to have to have compatible devices.
    05-31-10 11:25 AM
    All I have to say is that it better be the Storm 3 or an LTE version of the Bold Slider!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 01:13 PM
    Wow that's specific.
    05-31-10 06:52 PM
    I can kinda see the S3 being LTE - it's timing puts it really close. the demo units of the Slider and everything we have on the Slider seems to confirm that the Slider will NOT be LTE...

to be honest I don't give a **** because Belus is probably going to do the same thing as what they did with their HSPA network and not even admit to even THINKING about it until it is near completion nationwide.
    the only plus that I can think of is that it will use HSPA usually, but if there's limited reception or there's congestion it would drop to EVDO.
    05-31-10 11:31 PM
    I think an LTE device (depending on which form factor it is) might be enough to get me to consider an early upgrade from my Tour, which I do love.
    06-01-10 07:46 AM
    Computer Weekly had an interview(the link is dead now) with David Yach the CTO of RIM and he was talking about how companies have pretty much figured out how to properly do 3G(such as spacing for the required 11 to 12 antennas) but LTE phones will bring back the old problems of spacing within the device. And there are other issues such as the 21 different standards used by developing LTE networks in the world. Or the habit of bandwidth spectrum being applied in a haphazard manner. So while the promise of LTE is big, there might be problems with the early units that use it.
    06-01-10 08:20 AM
    Moved to News and rumors
    06-01-10 08:59 AM
    All I have to say is that it better be the Storm 3 or an LTE version of the Bold Slider!!!

I second that wholeheartedly.
    06-01-10 04:27 PM
    It's not surprising to me that RIM is working on a LTE handset. Every manufacturer should be working on one. But if it's just a faster version of a phone that's already out. No thanks.
    06-01-10 04:55 PM
    It's not surprising to me that RIM is working on a LTE handset. Every manufacturer should be working on one. But if it's just a faster version of a phone that's already out. No thanks.
    it may be a Snapdragon handset also...
    06-01-10 05:06 PM
    The earliest rumours of the Storm3 mentioned it being LTE compatible.

06-01-10 05:56 PM
    it may be a Snapdragon handset also...
    I'd like to see something from RIM with a Snapdragon processor. LOL My 9700 barely has a 624 Mhz processor while Android devices have Snapdragons.
    06-01-10 08:48 PM
    Of course they are working on LTE in the lab and on the drawing board but that is no indication that they are anywhere close to bringing an LTE device to market.

06-01-10 08:54 PM
    What if the device wasn't a phone....
    06-01-10 11:37 PM
    Why does everyone always want a faster CPU? I never understand it. Does your phone not run OS 5 fast enough?

06-02-10 02:49 AM
    What if the device wasn't a phone....
    Project Cobalt will not have it's own cellular capabilities, instead it will tether to your BB or use WiFi.
    06-02-10 10:00 AM
    can you please link me to the page where you copied this info from? thanks!
    06-02-10 04:24 PM
    I don't know who posted it first, but if you search every site that makes sure they have correct data has an article saying this.
    06-02-10 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD