Is there any free app for this?

I'm looking for one that can display the % on the existing battery icon on the top left hand corner of my 9700.

I know some themes incorporate this, but there's not many free themes I like apart from the dannieloco ones, which do not have the meter.
    05-30-10 09:23 PM
    Other than using a theme, I am not aware of any free apps that show battery percentage. There is a paid app called MeterBerry that has the feature you are interested in.
    05-30-10 09:34 PM
    MeterBerry is terrific and I've been using it for a couple of years now, but I somehow suspect that the OP is looking for something that would display the battery level in % on the home screen (correct me if I'm wrong). Other than themes, I don't know of one either, though you might look in to AppleBerry 2.0 themes, Andrew has several free versions and something is nagging me in the back of my head that this feature was on one of his themes. For just a few dollars though, you can get ALL of the versions (and there is about 10 of them). Just do a search for it here on CB and post a request and he's pretty good about responding.

P.S. I forgot to add that I've been using AppleBerry for a long time now as well, he has them for most all of the BB devices. His themes are clean, neat, precision and low in memory use. I can't recommend it highly enough, it is the theme I use most all the time.

Other than using a theme, I am not aware of any free apps that show battery percentage. There is a paid app called MeterBerry that has the feature you are interested in.
    05-30-10 09:37 PM
    MeterBerry is terrific and I've been using it for a couple of years now, but I somehow suspect that the OP is looking for something that would display the battery level in % on the home screen (correct me if I'm wrong).
    Thanks, you're right I would like something that displays the % in the home screen.

Will look for Appleberry theme and see.
    05-30-10 11:08 PM
    Try SmartBBattery. Its free. It gives the % on an icon. It does not replace the existing battery signal. Nice little program.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-31-10 12:08 AM
    Yeap. SmartBBattery is good and free
    Even displays the temperature of ur bat

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 05:31 AM
    I think the OP wants to replace the original battery display with a %. Only way to do this is via a new theme.

I have it on a theme I run, but it's not always perfect. Battery will be at 82%, and it will still read 90% on the meter. So this is far from perfect.

If you want a better solution, bet MeterBerry, it works great! Have been running it for a couple weeks, and I will say it's worth a few bucks.
    05-31-10 01:21 PM
    Yeah for the sake of quickly looking in your download or chosen folder it is worth getting meterberry for a spot on reading, you don't even need to bother clicking on it, just highlight the app icon. Blackcharge will give the same reading but without all the extras of meterberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD