I am very interested in any genealogy database s/w that I can run on my BB Curve. Does anyone know of such s/w or know if there is any in development for BB?
    07-01-08 12:18 AM
    Did you ever find any? I used GedStar pro on my Palm, but havent found anything for BB.
    07-12-08 11:15 PM
    I was using Pocket Genealogist but I have yet to find one for blackberry. I also have a curve and would very much like to take my information with me. Anyluck finding something?
    07-17-08 11:46 AM
    I'm also looking for a genealogy program for my BBC.
    04-17-09 10:05 PM
    Me too -- and also a GedStar Pro vet from Palm.
    06-05-09 10:59 AM
    I also used GedStar Pro for my old Palm and now want to find software for my Blackberry Curve 8310. quakersurnames.net
    Katie
    07-28-09 04:52 PM
    Guess we should work on developing one
    07-31-09 02:50 PM
    Man, this is frustrating. I, too, have been searching for a genealogy/family tree app for my BB with no luck. I can, however, find several apps that make farting noises... very productive! P
    08-23-09 02:31 PM
    I have still seen nothing that works. The best I have been able to do is load several ancestor reports as Word documents on my Curve. I can open and edit them but it is a pretty poor substitute for a database.
    11-18-09 10:37 PM
    Just found this thread..

I host my Genealogy Database online using phpGedView. From there, my Wife administers everything. I have no problem viewing it using the Blackberry browser.
    PhpGedView News - Online genealogy at its best

It probably won't help everyone as you need a webhost with MySQL available, and some knowledge of PHP and MYSQL to install it. So, FYI in case you can...

Red lines are just adding some privacy...as this is from my live Database.
    11-24-09 05:20 PM
    Several genealogy programs say a program for Blackberry is on their radar, but so far, nothing has materialized that I know of..
    10-25-10 09:22 AM
    I am also interested in this topic. I have GedView on an iTouch, and would like to have the same thing for Blackberry, particularly on the Torch. I suspect the apps that are out there will do quite well in the Tablet market.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD