Hey Everyone,

I finally made the jump and I must say I'm quite satisfied but I have a question.

How do you guys organize your applications/programs on the bold. I feel so out of place since I 'm moving up from the oldest curve to the bold

Any advice?
    05-30-10 01:47 PM
    I upgraded from 8320 and this berry blows it out the water. My advice is get familiar with this one; the more you use it the more you'll get comfortable esp. with the smaller keyboard.

Typically I organize my berry according to the type of app it is and you put them in it appropriate folder. I don't use a lot of the apps but that may change later. Quicklaunch is my favorite app, helps create shortcuts to apps you frequent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 02:15 PM
    I have 7 folders on my 9630... did the same when I had my 9000 and my 8330...

• Applications - Facebook, MySpace, eBay
    • Instant Messaging - All my email accounts, Twiter, SocialScope, SMS, IM+, BeeJive, etc.
    • Games - pretty self-explanitory
    • Media - pictures, video, ringtones, files, or something like Capture It, Pandora, IHeartRadio, etc
    • Setup - Pretty self explanitory with the exception of apps like BerryPopup, CallBlocker,
    • Tools - Clock, Calendar, MemoPad, etc
    • Downloads i put my Docs to go icons here, as well as FileScout

Things I use on the regular stay on the homescreen for me, like Messages, BBM, Browser, options, but I use Quick Launch alot and with that you'll have the option of having nothing on the main screen... depending on which theme you're using. This breakdown works for me... hope it works for you too!!
    05-30-10 02:20 PM
    I have 7 folders on my 9630... did the same when I had my 9000 and my 8330...

• Applications - Facebook, MySpace, eBay
    • Instant Messaging - All my email accounts, Twiter, SocialScope, SMS, IM+, BeeJive, etc.
    • Games - pretty self-explanitory
    • Media - pictures, video, ringtones, files, or something like Capture It, Pandora, IHeartRadio, etc
    • Setup - Pretty self explanitory with the exception of apps like BerryPopup, CallBlocker,
    • Tools - Clock, Calendar, MemoPad, etc
    • Downloads i put my Docs to go icons here, as well as FileScout

Things I use on the regular stay on the homescreen for me, like Messages, BBM, Browser, options, but I use Quick Launch alot and with that you'll have the option of having nothing on the main screen... depending on which theme you're using. This breakdown works for me... hope it works for you too!!
    Wicked, any chance you can show me how your screen looks like currently?
    05-30-10 03:58 PM
    I just upgraded from my 8300 also. It should be delivered Tuesday. I am anxious to see how much of an improvement it is over the 8300.
    05-30-10 06:09 PM
    I just upgraded from my 8300 also. It should be delivered Tuesday. I am anxious to see how much of an improvement it is over the 8300.
    HUGE DIFFERENCE!!! haha You will love it. Man, I went from the (on Verizon) Curve 8330, Storm, Curve 8350, Storm 2, Tour...............Switched to AT&T and rocking my first Bold 9700. Love it to death! Very simuliar it is compared to the Tour. The Tour is an awesome phone and Verizons Service is top notch. But I had to many lines and needed to cut the line cause It was to much a month.
    05-30-10 09:10 PM
    Definitely get QuickLaunch. I generally keep my most used stuff on the home screen, config stuff in the setup folder, basic apps in the applications folder and all 3rd party in the dl folder. With QuickLaunch, it doesn't matter where everything is, you can create shortcuts to pretty much anything you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 09:17 PM
    I took a pretty simple approach, have the usual folders like "Games" and "Applications" an got rid of the "Downloads" and "Instant Messaging"

The only IM I use on the phone is BBM and I use it constantly so it gets a place on the home screen. Downloads I just have go straight to the home screen and place them wherever after downloading. Apps go in the Applications folder unless I use them all the time (like iLock and QuickLaunch for example)

And then I have my one great, broad, awesome folder entitled "Bull$sh1t" (obviously the spelling would be correct). My phone's not a work phone so I'm not worried about it being unprofessional. The folder has a ton of stuff from crap I don't want that I cant get rid of (AT&T Mall, XM Radio) to stuff I rarely if ever use that I don't want taking up room on my home screen (Help, Search, Setup Wizards)

Hope this gives you some ideas, customize it however you feel comfortable with. Some people like more folders, some like many home screen icons
    05-30-10 10:52 PM
    Firts i have a themes with calendar and messages on the home screen, so there goes a few icons.

I put the apps i use most on home screen, the secondary apps like F1 app, maps, weather and that stuff are in the menu, and the rest are in 6 folders:

- Multimedia: for picture, music, videos, etc...
    - Today: where i put all the calendar, notes, emails, sms and all those icons i don't use anymore.
    - Applications: with the apps i have downloaded and aren't in home screen or menu, and are not part of the setting of the phone.
    - Games: for games
    - Download: here i just have the crackberry store icon and the app store icon.
    - Setup: all the icons that have to do with the setting of my BB including downloaded apps like berrybuzz and quickpull.

Last edited by Symon_say; 05-30-10 at 11:38 PM.
    05-30-10 11:04 PM
    wow great feedback guys keep it coming!
    05-31-10 11:27 PM
    home screen - sms , messages, contacts, calendar pro, gf's bbm link, and camera.

everything else is organized into folders, similar to Busta-b, and I just use shortcuts 99.9% of the time.

ie. msn is x bbm is n, contacts is a browser is b etc etc

whatever else doesn't fit i got quicklaunch so i rarely ever have to click that option key and hunt thru my folders
    06-01-10 01:02 AM
    Wicked, any chance you can show me how your screen looks like currently?
    Sorry took so long... here's some screens of my folder setup
    08-10-10 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD