I tried updating my friends blackberry to BBM 5.0. It didnt work. Then after, we couldnt even open her current BBM. So i deleted BBM and then tried to download from APP world and the website and nothing would work. So i am thinking i might have to wipe her phone? will that work? if so, how do i do that? i dont want to mess up her phone even more!!!

Thanks!
    05-29-10 02:27 PM
    Try going to http://www.blackberry.com/messenger from the 8330 browser to reinstall bbm
    05-29-10 02:59 PM
    Try going to http://www.blackberry.com/messenger from the 8330 browser to reinstall bbm
    we tried that.. didnt work
    05-29-10 04:15 PM
    Are the other data features working on the device?
    Did you re-register the Host Routing Table?
    Did you re-send the Service Books?
    Did you try installing it from BlackBerry Desktop Manager?
    05-29-10 04:23 PM
    In regards to wipe down the whole black berry Go to option and the security options there must be a place where it said wipdown black berry and just enale it..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 05:23 PM
    What OS is currently on the phone? An old OS like 4.5.0.77 isn't compatible with BBM 5.0. If it is an old OS, you must upgrade the OS first. The latest Verizon OS is 4.5.0.175, the latest 4.5 OS compatible with the 8330 is 4.5.0.186 (Sprint) and then you can also load the Nathanix 5.0 hybrid OS.
    05-29-10 07:46 PM
    What OS is currently on the phone? An old OS like 4.5.0.77 isn't compatible with BBM 5.0. If it is an old OS, you must upgrade the OS first. The latest Verizon OS is 4.5.0.175, the latest 4.5 OS compatible with the 8330 is 4.5.0.186 (Sprint) and then you can also load the Nathanix 5.0 hybrid OS.

Yes, it is verizon and i did update it to 4.5.0.175. I then tried to DL BBM 5.0 and it would stop downloading right at the end and say failure. I tried it through APp world and website. I then deleted her current BBM since it would not open. I am going to try to install bbm from laptop. but would resending service books help? right now, there is no BBM on her phone, i did not see it after i deleted it so it appears to be gone.
    05-30-10 01:49 AM
    bump.........
    05-30-10 04:56 PM
    Did you try installing in from the laptop? What happened?

Did you try resending the Service Books? What happened?

Does BlackBerry Messenger show up in the Applications list under Options?

05-30-10 05:22 PM
    Did you try installing in from the laptop? What happened?

Did you try resending the Service Books? What happened?

Does BlackBerry Messenger show up in the Applications list under Options?

1) didnt try laptop, but then i have to take her phone home with me since no wireless at work

2) How do i resend service books on curve?

3) BBM does not show up ( i deleted it)

4) everything else works on the device

5) How do i re-register the host routing table??

Thanks!
    05-30-10 07:27 PM
    1. Ok. Try that.

2. Log in to the BIS from a computer. Click Help. Click Send Service Books.

5. Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now

Any time you reload the device OS, you should re-register the Host Routing Table and especially re-send the Service Books.
    05-30-10 08:56 PM
    1. Ok. Try that.

2. Log in to the BIS from a computer. Click Help. Click Send Service Books.

5. Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now

Any time you reload the device OS, you should re-register the Host Routing Table and especially re-send the Service Books.
    I will try that. Hopefully between using the computer and sending service books and registering host routing table, we can get bbm back!
    05-30-10 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD