OK people for those who have the BOLD 9650 and who leave in NYC and its 5 boroughs and Long island need your opinions here. I am coming up to my contract date in a little over 2 weeks and i am hearing both good and bad things about this phones reception. I currently have the 8330m and not having issues with it.
    05-27-10 10:39 PM
    OK people for those who have the BOLD 9650 and who leave in NYC and its 5 boroughs and Long island need your opinions here. I am coming up to my contract date in a little over 2 weeks and i am hearing both good and bad things about this phones reception. I currently have the 8330m and not having issues with it.
    IMO, the 9650 and the Tour has the same antenna and the signal is weak. Your 8330m signal is stronger.
    05-28-10 09:49 AM
    thanks mike, i knew the tour had a weak antenna, i originally had one but went back to my curve do to poor quality issues. i was hoping the performance would be better on the Bold. i need more opinions though, but so far looks like i am giving android a shot.
    05-28-10 11:09 AM
    I don't get the same network problems on the 9650 that I did on the 9630. Don't live in NY though.
    05-28-10 12:29 PM
    I have the bold 9650 Which I am returning. However, it is not because of reception ( I am getting the EVO.) Now to your question, I live in North New Jersey-- Short Hills but work in New York city so I can be of assistance. The reception where I work on 52nd and 3rd is fine. Most places I travel in the city are fine. I have not had reception issues.
    05-28-10 03:29 PM
    My tour 9630 has had a great signal no matter were i travel consistently since i got it last year.
    05-28-10 04:58 PM
    No problems here in the 5 Boroughs or Northern NJ and even Nassau County. I upgraded from the 8330m and while I loved the phone I am really happy with the changes in getting the Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 09:33 AM
    No problems here in the 5 Boroughs or Northern NJ and even Nassau County. I upgraded from the 8330m and while I loved the phone I am really happy with the changes in getting the Bold.

that's what i want to hear, thanks this was a really important issue with me. I love my 8330m also but that hour glass and the lag kills me sometimes, its time for a new phone ya know.
    05-29-10 01:32 PM
    I also live n the city..I have great coverage...I actually live on the 30th floor and the signal is great..

05-30-10 01:44 AM
    that's what i want to hear, thanks this was a really important issue with me. I love my 8330m also but that hour glass and the lag kills me sometimes, its time for a new phone ya know.
    I should mention the only signal issue I had was one day, 2 weeks ago, while sitting on the beach in Long Beach...the signal was low & switched to roaming...I had never experienced that before in that spot and haven't since so I'm not sure what was up.

Also wanted to add I'm all over the general tri-state areas and haven't had any issues...have been down the jersey shore and all the way to AC with no issues either.

05-31-10 04:08 PM
    I actually frequent long beach a lot, my GF lives in oceanside. But I'm not worried about reception cuz my 8330 is great here. So I would hope it would be close
    05-31-10 09:18 PM
    I actually frequent long beach a lot, my GF lives in oceanside. But I'm not worried about reception cuz my 8330 is great here. So I would hope it would be close
    We probably frequently cross paths!
    06-01-10 12:26 PM
    We probably frequently cross paths!
    you never know, lol.
    06-01-10 02:53 PM
    I'm glad I found this thread, I live in Northern NJ and am between Northwest NJ/PA/NYC/here a lot. I've been thinking of leaving Verizon for Sprint, this is giving me some confidence since my only worry is coverage.
    06-12-10 11:44 PM
    I'm glad I found this thread, I live in Northern NJ and am between Northwest NJ/PA/NYC/here a lot. I've been thinking of leaving Verizon for Sprint, this is giving me some confidence since my only worry is coverage.
    I have never had a problem with coverage, almost everywhere major they have coverage and/or verizon roaming. They also have a thirty day return policy where if you don't like the service you return the phone and don't have to pay for anything. It is always worth a shot with the cheaper prices coming from most other carriers.

06-13-10 02:05 AM
    I haven't had a problem using Sprint with Blackberry Tour. All the plans include roaming on Verizon, and importantly Anymobile which doesn't sue your anytime minutes to call any mobile phone number on any network. Not just within the same carrier.
    06-13-10 08:25 AM
    i dont think the phone has anything to do with the reception. i think it is the os.
    i dont know if you remember when the 8330m was first released it had ALOT of signal flux issues. they finally found an os that stabilized it.
    06-13-10 11:13 AM
    well i did it.... contract was finally up and i got me my beast, the Sprint Bold 9650. so far i love it, its crazy fast compared to my curve and loading up programs like Google maps hardly have any lag, love it love it love it. NOW as far as my thread and reception, i will say i am impressed it has similar reception at least for me to my curve. So i am a happy camper, lol.
    06-22-10 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD