I have a personal BB that I do not sync with either a home or work computer. My employer runs a BES, but I don't use it because I have a personal BB I bought myself (different carrier too). I do, however, use the BIS via ATT to read both my work email and my personal email when I'm on the go. Last night my company upgraded their Microsoft Exchange email server and at the time that the server was rebooted, all mail messages were wiped off my blackberry. I lost the work email and personal (AOL) email that was stored on the device. I can still get to my messages on the server(s), but I was really surprised that some action taken by my company could wipe out my personal email! How (technically) can this happen when I don't use the company BES and all I do is read company mail (pushed by BIS) as a convenience for myself? Makes me wonder what else could happen to this phone by an action initiated by someone else without my knowledge?
    05-27-10 03:35 PM
    If your BB is not on the BES, what you describe is not possible.
    05-28-10 06:35 AM
    If your BB is not on the BES, what you describe is not possible.
    Agreed! (10char)
    05-29-10 02:45 PM
    I agree with Canuck and Bryan, if you arent on BES then what you describe is not possible. If you check under Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Books do you have Desktop [CMIME] and Desktop [CICAL] service books? My suspicion is that you are on BES and didnt realise it.
    05-31-10 05:10 AM
    Yeah, I can't see how that happened either, maybe the AOL mail was being forwarded to the Exchanged server or maybe the OP isn't looking at the "Messages" folder but instead the BIS folder for the Exchanged mail
    05-31-10 11:31 AM
    It may be that the BIS server can't access the mail but That should only effect the POP account for the Corp email shouldn't have effected the Personal POP account....Werid.
    07-02-10 01:21 PM
    Perhaps Op's company is using BESX? and they reset to factory perhaps?

Without BES or BESx, such is not possible
    07-14-10 12:03 PM
    man that really sucks, its aweful that happened
    07-14-10 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD