I'm not new to upgrading the OS or anything like that but, recently i have been having a problem upgrading my OS through the Desktop Manager and the Loader App thingy.
    I delete the Vendor file like i always then i install the newest OS after i have uninstalled the older OS i had installed
    Then i go to the Loader and it says there isn't an update for it so then
    I go to the Desktop Manager, then on the home screen it says an update is available then i click the update button then it takes me to the screen where it updates the OS and it says there is no update available
    I'm trying to upgrade to OS .680
    I am running on .656 and i also had this problem from upgrading from .405 to .656 earlier this month and i had to hack the files in the OS which took forever for me to do in order to install .656
    I am currently running on Windows 7 and i noticed that this problem started when i installed Windows 7 into my computer over a month ago
    I use to never have this problem i would be able to upgrade without any problems
    I'm just wondering if anyone can help me out on this problem because it is just simply annoying.

Thanks
    05-27-10 01:23 PM
    When you go to Computer, Local Disk (C drive), Program Files (may be Program files x86 if you have a 64bit OS), Common files, Research In Motion, Shared, Loader Files, do you have a folder in there that when you open it contains your OS files. Make sure that there is only one folder in the Loader Files folder. If there is more than one, delete the older OS folder.

I've been running W7 since the very first beta about 1 1/2 years ago and have never had any issues with loading an OS on my phone. May be silly to suggest, but make sure the older OS's did get removed in the control panel. May try restarting the computer also.
    05-27-10 01:41 PM
    When you go to Computer, Local Disk (C drive), Program Files (may be Program files x86 if you have a 64bit OS), Common files, Research In Motion, Shared, Loader Files, do you have a folder in there that when you open it contains your OS files. Make sure that there is only one folder in the Loader Files folder. If there is more than one, delete the older OS folder.

I've been running W7 since the very first beta about 1 1/2 years ago and have never had any issues with loading an OS on my phone. May be silly to suggest, but make sure the older OS's did get removed in the control panel. May try restarting the computer also.
    i have tried that before and i tried it again right now to check if maybe this time it would work but nothing.. it doesnt let me update to .680
    thanks though
    05-27-10 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD