I am seriously considering leaving Verizon for another carrier (I want the Bold and I'm tired of Verizon's BS). My short list includes T-Mobile, Sprint and AT&T. I would like opinions as to which of these carriers has the best coverage, customer service and price? Thanks for your input.
    05-26-10 09:52 AM
    I am seriously considering leaving Verizon for another carrier (I want the Bold and I'm tired of Verizon's BS). My short list includes T-Mobile, Sprint and AT&T. I would like opinions as to which of these carriers has the best coverage, customer service and price? Thanks for your input.
    It depends on where you live as far as coverage is concerned. Customer service varies depending on who you are. I think Sprint's is better than vzw. But others disagree. As far as price, for me it is sprint. I switched from vzw to sprint a few months back and couldn't be happier. I save money and get the same coverage and more features. Look into coverage in your area and go from there.
    05-26-10 10:32 AM
    sprint for sure,IMO...
    05-26-10 10:36 AM
    Probably Sprint. But I'm sticking with Verizon for now.
    05-26-10 10:53 AM
    Changing carriers just for a phone?
    05-26-10 11:00 AM
    I wouldn't change fir customer service. They are all for profit companies a d their primary objective is to, well, get your money. They don't care about you. Consider it an even playing field in that department.

I wouldn't change for a phone either. VZW will soon have the same Bold you get at Sprint.

Price? You generally get what you pay for. Verizon and AT&T were exactly the same when I looked a few months ago...within $2 per month. Tmo and Sprint are cheap, but their coverage is thin.

What would I choose? Only way I would go with anyone besides VZW would be if VZW didn't exist and then it would probably be At&T. I have four locations where I need my phone to work a d VZW covers all four. AT&T covers three, and Tmo only covers one. I have not checked Sprint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 12:59 PM
    Changing carriers just for a phone?
    Tons have people have, at&t ring a bell lol

05-26-10 01:02 PM
    i think its up to where u live,,,,at&t can hav good coverage in some place....
    05-26-10 01:31 PM
    Virgin. $35/month for unlimited data is very enticing.

I won't be switching any time soon though....
    05-26-10 01:31 PM
    well I know someone who switched from verizon to at&t just to have the iphone
    she has horrible coverage but has the phone she wants. Can't use it a lot but has her dream phone that is just dumb in my opinion I have to like my phone but my coverage is even more important because it is my only communicator But I have both I like the device and I like Verizon
    05-26-10 02:27 PM
    I wouldn't change fir customer service. They are all for profit companies a d their primary objective is to, well, get your money. They don't care about you. Consider it an even playing field in that department.

I wouldn't change for a phone either. VZW will soon have the same Bold you get at Sprint.

Price? You generally get what you pay for. Verizon and AT&T were exactly the same when I looked a few months ago...within $2 per month. Tmo and Sprint are cheap, but their coverage is thin.
    What would I choose? Only way I would go with anyone besides VZW would be if VZW didn't exist and then it would probably be At&T. I have four locations where I need my phone to work a d VZW covers all four. AT&T covers three, and Tmo only covers one. I have not checked Sprint.

Now that depends on where you live. Where I live and travel I could have tmo or att and get next to no service. Or I could have sprint or vzw and get the same coverage. Just pay twice as much for one (vzw).
    05-26-10 03:06 PM
    If I HAD to change? Well I would pick Sprint. They have the cheapest plans for data usage for families. But AT&T is stronger in my area. So I guess AT&T. I have been to both in my current location and I always end up coming back to BIG RED.
    05-26-10 03:24 PM
    "You get what you pay for" is an excuse for VZW to jack you up regularly.
    05-26-10 03:30 PM
    T-Mobile. Like the prices, and if you stick with Blackberry, you get UMA -- basically cell service anywhere you have WiFi. Not just data, but cell service, too. So even if service is spotty near your home, if you have WiFi, you'll have service IN your home. And it's all included in the price.

My aunt and cousin had T-Mobile, and said their customer service is great.

But again, I agree with what most people said. You won't be happy with a phone if it doesn't work where you'll use it most.

Good luck with your search!
    05-26-10 03:37 PM
    Depends on why I was leaving Verizon. If it were to save money: T-Mobile or Sprint (both have decent coverage where I live). If it were just for ****s and giggles, AT&T, since most unlocked phones (at least US-specced ones) support the AT&T 3G bands.
    05-26-10 03:43 PM
    Just shows you how far Sprint has come....if this question was asked back in 06-07 No one would have chosen Sprint....+1 for Sprint..Everywhere I travel i have same coverage as Verizon would get and same phones (basically) so why should I pay more....I very seldom need CS...even though Sprint has improved in this area tremendously...Again why pay more!
    05-26-10 04:50 PM
    Sprint- there not bad but there coverage is not as good as VZW. I will never use AT&T again ! A couple of soup cans with string would be better then dealing with them again !
    05-26-10 06:21 PM
    I wonder how many people that say "sprint not good as verizon" is basing their opinions solely on maps where Verizon paints everything red and Sprint breaks it all down for you 3G vs 1x vs Roaming...wonder how many peoples eye would be opened if Verizon actually did this.....

Or how many people are basing their opnion of Sprint off Sprint of eons ago....
    05-26-10 06:55 PM
    i'd go with sprint for the cheaper price.
    05-26-10 07:13 PM
    I've had all carriers. I would go to Sprint because they had good coverage but lousy CS. I will never go back to Tmo or AT&T...ever. I am very happy with VzW right now though.

05-26-10 07:29 PM
    I wonder how many people that say "sprint not good as verizon" is basing their opinions solely on maps where Verizon paints everything red and Sprint breaks it all down for you 3G vs 1x vs Roaming...wonder how many peoples eye would be opened if Verizon actually did this.....
    Verizon does do this on their interactive coverage maps on their website.
    05-26-10 08:00 PM
    I would go to ATT, and get the 9800. Actually I MAY just do that if I can figure out a way to do it
    05-26-10 09:56 PM
    I would go to Sprint... my wife has it and no complaints. I would'nt mind AT&T but there service is horrible here in the city and suburbs.
    05-26-10 10:11 PM
    Sprint. I have had them before with not problems, and will be going back as soon as current VZW contract is up.
    05-26-10 10:18 PM
    Just shows you how far Sprint has come....if this question was asked back in 06-07 No one would have chosen Sprint....+1 for Sprint..Everywhere I travel i have same coverage as Verizon would get and same phones (basically) so why should I pay more....I very seldom need CS...even though Sprint has improved in this area tremendously...Again why pay more!
    I'm always sad to see Sprint's quarterly report and the "More hemorrhaging customers" title that inevitably precedes it. Sprint is a pretty sweet company, and I've had great experience with their CSRs. Honestly, the only thing that keeps me away is the historically mediocre phone selection, though with the Evo and Bold 9650, things are looking a smidge better.
    Last edited by Stromson; 05-27-10 at 09:10 AM.
    05-26-10 10:42 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD