I have been having issues with my Tour. I have the latest software/OS and all, but as of April 30th I have had nothing but bouncing signals and dropped calls. Sprint claimed they tested the Towers near my residence but they havent found any errors.

They sent me to a Sprint Store to swap out my Tour, I STILL HAVE THE SAME ISSUES!! I called CS back to explain the same issue is happening.

Today Sprint says that I need to BUY and Airwave ($100) and pay the monthly service for to use it.

So I need to spend $100 and add another $10-$15/month on my bill to get less dropped calls and better signal reception where I should get it to begin with? Yet if I am late on my bill (no I dont have a ASL) they are ready to disconnect me. FAIL!!

Im looking at other service providers, Sprint has went downhill, No wonder they lose the most customers and they service has dissolved
    05-25-10 05:40 PM
    Ill be honest this is suprising to me that sprint. I'm sure if you talked with them about the issue more they would give your some kind of rebate on the bill. I Never have had a probelm with sprint with them not working with me to have me get what I want. Also I'm guessing this is something new your expereiencing with your phone? Or are you a new customer and never used sprint service in your area before?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 07:55 PM
    This is something new and the Airave will not fix it. I have the Airave and I have been having the same issues for over 8 weeks. I have called Spring 15 times and they have run diagnostics on my phone, sent techs to check towers, etc........... The last time I called about the issue the CS rep said " you can always switch carriers" . WTH is that? Not the answer I was looking for, but I asked for a supervisor and he agreed to wave my ETF. Once the 9650 hits VZW I'm out. There seems to be something going on with Sprints coverage that has not been there in the past.
    Last edited by ickmule; 05-25-10 at 08:06 PM.
    05-25-10 08:04 PM
    The airave isn't really a fix anyways because you're still screwed for data...
    05-25-10 08:54 PM
    did you change the setting from global to 1XEV. It comes defaulted to global and that increases dropped calls. Try it and see if it helps. manage connections > mobile network options > network technology > 1XEV
    05-25-10 09:29 PM
    did you change the setting from global to 1XEV. It comes defaulted to global and that increases dropped calls. Try it and see if it helps. manage connections > mobile network options > network technology > 1XEV
    Another thing you can do is like I've done REMOVE the SIM card, it is completely usless ANYWHERE in the country, I really don't think many people purchased the Tour or 9650 for the WORLD PHONE option, they got it cause it is about the BEST PHONE RIM offers at this time on the CDMA Networks.
    05-25-10 09:49 PM
    Another thing you can do is like I've done REMOVE the SIM card, it is completely usless ANYWHERE in the country, I really don't think many people purchased the Tour or 9650 for the WORLD PHONE option, they got it cause it is about the BEST PHONE RIM offers at this time on the CDMA Networks.

I have tried this and it made zero difference.
    05-25-10 09:57 PM
    Posting this simply to knock me into Abuser mode. No offense folks. Politics...
    05-25-10 10:01 PM
    Have you tried going back on an older OS? Maybe your last update did something. I have the 8330m and I have noticed better signals sometimes that I never had before. Who knows!

Good luck.

05-25-10 10:08 PM
    As a enduser who is thinking of switching carriers to Sprint, this doesn't give me any secure feeling.
    05-25-10 10:25 PM
    when I had the Tour I found the 4.7 was much better and now that I have the Curve 8530 the 5.0 is awesome go figure !

I am glad Sprint will waive the ETF for you, but they should be able to resolve your problem. I know Verizon gives much better customer service. I have sold bother carriers and talking to Sprint doesn't always fair well.
    05-25-10 10:42 PM
    Ill be honest this is suprising to me that sprint. I'm sure if you talked with them about the issue more they would give your some kind of rebate on the bill. I Never have had a probelm with sprint with them not working with me to have me get what I want. Also I'm guessing this is something new your expereiencing with your phone? Or are you a new customer and never used sprint service in your area before?

I been a Sprint customer since 2003. Service has tremendously gone downhill

Yes this is new, I have decent service until April 30
    05-25-10 10:45 PM
    Sorry it didn't work for you. I have had the Tour for just about a year with no problems. My DM had trouble with hers and she said when it was tested at a service and repair center that the rf (radio frequency, I think is what she said) was significantly lower than other Sprint devices. I think is has something to do with the global capability. sorry if that was tmi...
    05-25-10 10:45 PM
    I have tried this and it made zero difference.
    I agree, its the Sprint and the terrible service.

Also my phone is Set to 1XEV and it still makes no difference I have dropped calls.

My phone came with the latest software as it was swapped out since they thought it was a software issue
    05-25-10 10:47 PM
    So what would the almighty Verizon do? I think it is cool that sprint is waiving your eft, they do not have to do that. You're not a happy customer, so they are letting you out of your contract. Thumbs up to sprint.

05-26-10 12:13 AM
    you could have called retentions and complained and probably have gotten a free airwave. and why would u get charged 10-15 bucks a month extra? i had the airwave it only cost me 5 bucks a month.
    05-26-10 02:16 AM
    Seems like Sprint was more than accomidating in this situation.....We know the OP has history of Hating Sprint for one reason or another so I wouldn't be surprised if this story was fudge just a bit...

The OP has been claiming of Sprint having a shoddy network for years now, but yet he's still with Sprint....I've been in OP area, been all over the DC metro and I've never had a problem with a Sprint Curve or Tour...

If its just in his house get an Airave....Verizon charges 250$ upfront for theirs...I'm sure a call to Account Services and they'll throw you one for free..But the OP doesnt want to try that, he'd much rather RANT on CB about something he's been complaining about for sometime.

Sorry its BS....If didn't work he would've been ported to another carrier...but no he's stays with Sprint...

I dont understand why its so popular to Bash Sprint wheather the story is true or not. *Sighs*
    05-26-10 04:30 AM
    Agreed Lenny..

your phone dont work? try another phone.. still dont work? try another carrier...

people do this all the time without ranting and raging in forums...

Sprint's customer service is now excellent, second only to VZ and far ahead of ATT and TMO in recent surveys.. add to that best prices, great perks, super coverage..
    05-26-10 05:45 AM
    So what would the almighty Verizon do? I think it is cool that sprint is waiving your eft, they do not have to do that. You're not a happy customer, so they are letting you out of your contract. Thumbs up to sprint.

Sprint is not waiving anything as I dont have a contract with them. My contract ran out on Feb 28, 2010. I wasnt planning on renewing due to Sprint just being the subpar service provider they are known for
    05-26-10 07:05 AM
    Seems like Sprint was more than accomidating in this situation.....We know the OP has history of Hating Sprint for one reason or another so I wouldn't be surprised if this story was fudge just a bit...

The OP has been claiming of Sprint having a shoddy network for years now, but yet he's still with Sprint....I've been in OP area, been all over the DC metro and I've never had a problem with a Sprint Curve or Tour...

If its just in his house get an Airave....Verizon charges 250$ upfront for theirs...I'm sure a call to Account Services and they'll throw you one for free..But the OP doesnt want to try that, he'd much rather RANT on CB about something he's been complaining about for sometime.

Sorry its BS....If didn't work he would've been ported to another carrier...but no he's stays with Sprint...

I dont understand why its so popular to Bash Sprint wheather the story is true or not. *Sighs*
    Where to begin??

1. Yes I have been saying the service has been shoddy b/c it has been shoddy. From 2003 to present it has gown downhill. FACT

2. It is not in my house I actually talked to neighbors that also have Sprint and the same thing is happening to them. Not just RIM/BlackBerry but HTC, and Palm Phones as well.

3. The only reason why I am still with Sprint is that my Govt Discount is higher with Sprint than with AT&T or VZW.

I have no reason to fudge a story. My relationship with Sprint has crumbled due to whatever BS they try to offer. Stop trying to defend Sprint . They suck. And we all know it. Sprint Ahead??? More like the Sprint Ahead to the Next Provider.
    05-26-10 07:13 AM
    Agreed Lenny..

your phone dont work? try another phone.. still dont work? try another carrier...

people do this all the time without ranting and raging in forums...

Sprint's customer service is now excellent, second only to VZ and far ahead of ATT and TMO in recent surveys.. add to that best prices, great perks, super coverage..
    Both of yall must have decided to D Ride each other and you must live under a rock b/c Sprint CS has not been excellent. It has improved, but they are trying to keep every customer b/c CS knows that us customers dont need them, there are plenty of providers that we can go to.

They offer perks b/c they are trying to keep the customers (the remaining ones) happy. While the prices are better, the covereage sucks. So You get what u pay for.
    05-26-10 07:17 AM
    I have excellent service in my area, if anything it has actually improved in the last couple of years in the few areas that it was spotty..

As far as costumer service anytime I have dealt with them it has been satisfactory..I have found that if you treat people with respect it is often returned back to you..

I know if I wasnt happy with the coverage or CS I would change providers...especially if I was already out of contract, so why is it you stay with them??
    05-26-10 07:33 AM
    Both of yall must have decided to D Ride each other and you must live under a rock b/c Sprint CS has not been excellent. It has improved, but they are trying to keep every customer b/c CS knows that us customers dont need them, there are plenty of providers that we can go to.

They offer perks b/c they are trying to keep the customers (the remaining ones) happy. While the prices are better, the covereage sucks. So You get what u pay for.
    And with statements like this you just prove my point of WHY YOU'RE REALLY HERE - AGAIN!!!!!! You like to grace us (TROLL) every so often to throw out a Sprint Sucks Rant with really no validity.

And i hardly live under a Rock...I live in NYC and Travel the East Coast...Chicago LA and Miami on a regular basis....Sprint has been FANTASTIC! I wouldn't except anything less.
    05-26-10 09:20 AM
    I have excellent service in my area, if anything it has actually improved in the last couple of years in the few areas that it was spotty..

As far as costumer service anytime I have dealt with them it has been satisfactory..I have found that if you treat people with respect it is often returned back to you..

I know if I wasnt happy with the coverage or CS I would change providers...especially if I was already out of contract, so why is it you stay with them??
    Readin is very fundamental. Please read a few post above and u will find the answer as to why I am still with them.

As far as that respect BS, I have been nothing but nice to them, but when they are telling me that its not a tower issue, but it is and that I have to pay extra money thats when its basically shwoing that they are NOT taking care of the problem. They just want to suck more money out of you.
    05-26-10 10:22 AM
    And with statements like this you just prove my point of WHY YOU'RE REALLY HERE - AGAIN!!!!!! You like to grace us (TROLL) every so often to throw out a Sprint Sucks Rant with really no validity.

And i hardly live under a Rock...I live in NYC and Travel the East Coast...Chicago LA and Miami on a regular basis....Sprint has been FANTASTIC! I wouldn't except anything less.
    Nobody is trolling at all. And good for you that you travel all over the US, you want a medal?

Im speaking truth to MY THREAD/POST Sprint Sucks so deal with it. Just b/c you have good service and are the 1 boob in the world that is happy doesnt mean we are. So for YOU to come to MY POST and bash me for how I feel is pointless. Now go away
    05-26-10 10:25 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD