I have a bold 9700 and use a charging pod. Is there any way to make the screen and the led light both be dark? so nothing shows at night while charging? I've tried all alerts off and that didn't work.
    Under clock I've set it to beside mode clock options>when charging do nothing>bedside mode >disable LED: yes Dim screen> yes

In Bedside mode even in the dim screen its to bright for me.
    if I don't enter beside mode, My phone goes off from 11pm-7am then the amber LED light is blinking while on the charging pod after 11pm until charged then glows green.

Is there anyway while using the charging pod that the led and the clock can be off?

Thanks, I'm stumped.
    05-25-10 10:30 AM
    Well, you can either have the bedside mode with the dimmed clock, or an auto switch-off with the amber light flashing! I'm waiting for OS 6 to have a dark option while charging.
    05-25-10 11:06 AM
    You can put it in bedside mode and while it's charging, just hit the "end/power" key and it will go to your home screen and then the screen will fade to black. And since it will still be in bedside mode, the LED will be disabled.
    05-25-10 11:30 AM
    Well, you can either have the bedside mode with the dimmed clock, or an auto switch-off with the amber light flashing! I'm waiting for OS 6 to have a dark option while charging.
    Yep, thats the conclusion I've come to. darn. thanks
    05-25-10 12:39 PM
    You can put it in bedside mode and while it's charging, just hit the "end/power" key and it will go to your home screen and then the screen will fade to black. And since it will still be in bedside mode, the LED will be disabled.
    oh hey! yay! if this works I'll be thrilled! THANKS! I'm off to go try it!
    05-25-10 12:40 PM
    nope. when I did this the home screen never faded to black.
    05-27-10 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD