Hey guys!

Just wanted to share my story that I ventured off into the world of Android because the Droid Incredible looked so amazing. I was so impressed by the specs and the sheer beauty of the phone.

It does a LOT of things well - but after three weeks, I returned the phone, and got a BlackBerry Bold 9650. It's the phone I have been waiting for, and is much more reliable on so many levels - starting with the battery life. I use my phone a lot, and for those three things: emailing, texting, calling...nothing beats a BlackBerry.

I noticed that my emails weren't as detailed and long as they were in the past - because there is no physical keyboard, although the Incredible's is by far the best touch keyboard I've used...it couldn't replace my physical keyboard.

Not to say that the Incredible isn't the right phone for someone - it's an excellent device. A buddy of mine is enjoying his, but he makes 1-2 calls a day and would rather watch YouTube videos and browse the internet on his phone.

But anyway. Just wanted to share that, since there seem to be so many threads about users defecting to other platforms. I came back - and you know what's funny? As much of a geek as I am, every year I try a new device: the iPhone 3G, the Palm Pre, the Droid Incredible...and somehow I always come back to the Crack. They're just so much more reliable!
    05-25-10 01:01 AM
    Since you have used many different devices on a daily basis you should write a brief article on your different experiences and post on crack.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 01:16 AM
    Great idea! Specifically a more detailed comparison between the Incredible and 9650.

Since you have used many different devices on a daily basis you should write a brief article on your different experiences and post on crack.

05-25-10 06:19 AM
    All I want is e-mail and txt messages, so I also think the BB is hard to beat.
    05-25-10 06:26 AM
    I am writing this from my bold but I will return it for the evo. I will then probably get the bb slider 9800 when or if it comes to sprint. This phone is solid but its laggy and I don't want to be stuck woth it for two years. Just so you know a 2500 mah batt will be coming to the incredible and no new back cover needed. Anyway I am sure I will miss the keyboard but I hear the on screen evo one will be pretty great. I respect your assesment thoUgh. I like bb because they look professional. I have to tell you though browsing on this phone is not that fun lol

05-25-10 07:25 AM
    ive used blackberrys for 3 years now. my last phone was a tour 9630 which ive had without problems. i upgraded to a bold 9650 this past sunday....i was into the EVO hype...in fact was at the best buy standing in line ready to pre-order....but i didnt...the more i thought about it i cannot leave the blackberry..im not into touchscreens...many friends with iphones/htc's send me short emails/txt...i ask why? same response i get...dude i have a touchscreen/cant type too much. while I on the other hand I send very detailed emails and txts..and i use my bb for work...i send many emails txt bbm every single day..and i love my bold 9650..it does exactly what i need it to do. if i wanna watch youtube...watch videos online..etc...i use my shiny new dell studio 17 for that in no way im not bashing those wantting the shiny EVO or incredible...but just stop the bashing of the blackberry...in fact i wouldnt be surprised if the CEO's of google/htc are using blackberrys lol lol lol
    05-25-10 07:27 AM
    Should have been there to begin with.

Just so you know a 2500 mah batt will be coming to the incredible and no new back cover needed.
    05-25-10 07:36 AM
    the incredible is just another gimmiky P.O.S. wannabe iphone. what i don't understand is if thats what you want - a phone to play with and surf the web and download zippo lighter apps and stuff - why not just get the iphone? all these android devices are trying to copy apple and are never going to come close.
    05-25-10 08:55 AM
    I like blackberries, but Once again, If i am going to have a phone for two years I think I'd prefer the evo. However, I think I will get the slider when it comes out becomes it seems more modern, it will have the wireless upgrade in it(unlike my current bold) A faster processor (this one has the tours) and I am pretty sure the memory upgrade will be across the board on new devices. Nevertheless, I agree that the bb is hard to beat to type messaging. I don't have corporate email, I dont use bbm, and I dont need it seeing how sprint gives me unlimited texts haha. Who knows I might personally hate the EVO and re-exchange-- but, it's worth giving it a fair try for now.

Love, I am not sure I agree with you on google not catching up to Apple but time will tell.
    05-25-10 09:08 AM
    the incredible is just another gimmiky P.O.S. wannabe iphone. what i don't understand is if thats what you want - a phone to play with and surf the web and download zippo lighter apps and stuff - why not just get the iphone? all these android devices are trying to copy apple and are never going to come close.
    This post was progressing well without any childish banter until your post. Its nice to see someone change phones without slamming the previous phone just because its not a BB.

Android is outselling the Iphone BTW.

Why don't people just buy the iphone? maybe because they want a reliable network - Thats my reason.
    05-25-10 09:09 AM
    ive used blackberrys for 3 years now. my last phone was a tour 9630 which ive had without problems. i upgraded to a bold 9650 this past sunday....i was into the EVO hype...in fact was at the best buy standing in line ready to pre-order....but i didnt...the more i thought about it i cannot leave the blackberry..im not into touchscreens...many friends with iphones/htc's send me short emails/txt...i ask why? same response i get...dude i have a touchscreen/cant type too much. while I on the other hand I send very detailed emails and txts..and i use my bb for work...i send many emails txt bbm every single day..and i love my bold 9650..it does exactly what i need it to do. if i wanna watch youtube...watch videos online..etc...i use my shiny new dell studio 17 for that in no way im not bashing those wantting the shiny EVO or incredible...but just stop the bashing of the blackberry...in fact i wouldnt be surprised if the CEO's of google/htc are using blackberrys lol lol lol
    That's my thought..regarding the laptop.

As far as the op its not only hardware but software. SureType is huge, its easier than a physical keyboard although it does take some getting used to.
    I don't even miss the physical keyboard on my S2.

And if I want to type: "Twas brillig and the slithey toves...� I can turn the phone in landscape mode and easily type it.

I fully agree if one wants to watch youtube and browse all day and email and ohne calls are secondary a BB may not be the best choice.

05-25-10 09:19 AM
    cannonball if you cant swallow my opinion than you can choke on it
    05-25-10 09:31 AM
    cannonball if you cant swallow my opinion than you can choke on it
    Like that was really needed ? Frankly your wrong as Android is kicking the crap out of Iphone right now and is also doing a number on BB as far as sales.
    It comes down to what EACH person wants in a phone and there really is not a "right" one or a "wrong" one.
    05-25-10 09:37 AM
    oh i'm wrong huh? jump around on this 9650 forum and read what people who purchased the incredible are saying.. then tell me how great it is. everyone i know with the iphone LOVE it. has itunes been touched by adroid devices? the fact that android are selling more doesn't prove anything.. unfortunately there are alot of idiots in the world (sounds like your one of them)
    05-25-10 09:44 AM
    So much hate for Android it appears
    05-25-10 10:01 AM
    oh i'm wrong huh? jump around on this 9650 forum and read what people who purchased the incredible are saying.. then tell me how great it is. everyone i know with the iphone LOVE it. has itunes been touched by adroid devices? the fact that android are selling more doesn't prove anything.. unfortunately there are alot of idiots in the world (sounds like your one of them)
    Lots of idiots buy the iphone too. Your point?
    05-25-10 10:06 AM
    So much hate for Android it appears
    The truth hurts!
    05-25-10 10:08 AM
    Lots of idiots buy the iphone too. Your point?
    thats true - but at least they have the sense to buy an innovative product that works. my point is that blackberry and iphone are original products.. and im giving them credit. i cant respect copycat companys/products that don't measure up to the originals
    05-25-10 10:16 AM
    thats true - but at least they have the sense to buy an innovative product that works. my point is that blackberry and iphone are original products.. and im giving them credit. i cant respect copycat companys/products that don't measure up to the originals
    What makes Android a copycat? It was built brand new from the ground up, totally different from a RIM and Apple. Also unlike RIM and Apple, you aren't restricted to one brand or device.
    05-25-10 10:26 AM
    wow snork, sounds like your a big fan of android - do you have one? or are you using a blackberry?
    listen- instead of defending for the sake of arguing.. have a valid point then we can discuss
    Last edited by love4steel; 05-25-10 at 10:35 AM.
    05-25-10 10:29 AM
    And if I want to type: "Twas brillig and the slithey toves...� I can turn the phone in landscape mode and easily type it.
    Bah. You're full of nothing but frumious bandersnatch.

05-25-10 10:29 AM
    The truth hurts!
    Lots of BB users 2nd most polled are going Android
    which is a pretty Bold number no pun intended.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...hing-what.html

Android OS 2.2 will be dropped in a couple months, Im betting many more will be turning in their BB papers moving on especially since HTC will be releasing devices with BB like style physical keyboards this fall.
    Google & HTC are out to win while RIM is building Clamshell flips and sliders with prehistoric OS basic yay webkit pop the cork that more then likely wont be seen in stable format till 1st - 2nd Q 2011.
    That"s a long wait my friend but even when it arrives its still very sub par even more then now
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-25-10 at 11:17 AM.
    05-25-10 10:46 AM

Im betting many more will be turning in their BB papers moving on especially since HTC will be releasing devices with BB like style physical keyboards this fall.
    If this is true I could maybe see some bb style kb lovers venturing into android for a trial. The bb's kb style is the biggest reason I like it. Don't know why so many phone manufacturers think touch is the holy grail. Touch screens are not universally loved by all.
    05-25-10 11:14 AM
    Considering we are on a Blackberry site, its hard to get an unbiased opinion. No, Android hasn't touched Itunes - its a program that has been around nearly a decade. Give Android time and they will develop something that will go toe to toe with Itunes.
    05-25-10 11:23 AM
    wow snork, sounds like your a big fan of android - do you have one? or are you using a blackberry?
    listen- instead of defending for the sake of arguing.. have a valid point then we can discuss
    I currently use a blackberry, but I like what Android has to offer and will likely get an android phone when I am eligible to upgrade. Which one I don't know. The Incredible is one I am interested in, but battery life concerns me at the moment. I still have a couple months though, so who knows.. maybe the Motorola Shadow will be out by then..looks to have specs similar to the EVO but without the 4g.

I'm not necessarily defending Android, but I am asking you why you consider it to be a copycat?
    05-25-10 11:28 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD