Okay I've searched this site and the internet in vain seeking a solution for this problem but I can't seem to find one. I seem to have a combination of the problems that multiple people posting about having problems with the Enhanced Gmail Plugin here are having.

I have a Storm2 9550 running OS 5.0.0.428. I recently did the update to v. 5.0.0.607 and absolutely hated it! I can't even begin to tell you how much crap wasn't working the way it was supposed on my device so I went back to .428.

Here's the thing, prior to the update, my Enhanced Gmail Plugin was working perfectly. After I did the update to .607 and went back to .428, I couldn't get the Gmail Plugin. I even tried the whole deleting my Service Books thing, as well as completely deleting my e-mail accounts from my device and then re-adding them in the hopes I would get the e-mail invite to download/install the Enhanced Gmail Plugin, but no dice!

When I go to Enhanced Gmail Plug-in for BlackBerry Smartphones and have the link e-mailed to my handset, when I click the link I get the ever familiar "HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error" message. I was finally able to download it from my BB browser by going to Enhanced Gmail Plug-in for BlackBerry Smartphones. You would think that would solve my problem right? Nope.

After downloading it to my device, I can't even find the damned app anywhere! I'm not even showing the Service Books installed. My e-mail account icons haven't changed to the Enhanced Gmail Plugin ones, and I'm not showing any of the Plugin features such as: Archive, Label, etc... When I go to re-download the Plugin, I get a message asking me if I wish to replace the previous version with the one I'm downloading, which means the device is recognizing that the app was downloaded. Thing is, I can't find the icon anywhere and I don't have any of the features! None of my icons are even hidden so that's not a possibility, and I don't see the Enhanced Gmail icon in any of my folders anywhere. As I said, I don't even see the Service Book for the plugin.

What do I do? How do I resolve this problem???
    05-24-10 11:59 PM
    Same here, someone save us!
    05-25-10 11:50 AM
    I believe it's part of the 5.0 OS and doesn't have a separate icon.

To see if you have it, go to Options ->Applications -> Add-on pull down. It should show there. If it's there, then you have it.
    05-25-10 01:40 PM
    That's the thing, it's not in Third Party Add-Ons, and it's not part of 5.0, nor does it come pre-installed. HELP!
    Last edited by Ph�enix; 05-26-10 at 04:05 PM.
    05-26-10 04:03 PM
    What? No resolution for this problem yet???
    06-01-10 12:12 AM
    I believe it's part of the 5.0 OS and doesn't have a separate icon.

To see if you have it, go to Options ->Applications -> Add-on pull down. It should show there. If it's there, then you have it.
    Not Third Party. Good luck.
    06-01-10 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD