**UPDATE 7-3-10**
    *Added version 1.5.6 which is version 1.5.5 os6 icon with changed msg & unread indicators on the side*
    *added v1.5.7 os6 icons with new Speedo Meters
    *added v1.6.1 My Touch Icons + Speedo Meters

This was my first BB theme that I felt was fit for public release. It has taken some time to bring this theme to the point I am ready to post it here on crackberry.com. I wanted something for myself that was both functional and user friendly. I hope I managed both. I hope you enjoy it as much as I.

The Features:
    *8 Floating icon bottom dock
    *2 Weather slots in the top banner (use slots 1 & 2 in the app order)
    *5 Clickable hotspots in the banner
    -Clock>clock
    -Date>calendar>roll up to today
    -Battery>pictures
    -Signal Meter>manage connections
    -BlueTooth>options
    *Transparent banner
    *NO Transitions
    *Custom backgrounds (call & app screens)
    *Hidden Today
    *Working 3G logo rather than 1XEV
    *Percentage battery meter
    *All icon slots on the home screen are user definable according to your app order. (Set them where you want them- not where I want them)
    *QuickLaunch spacebar shortcut (where noted)
    The Credits...
    Special Thanks to Ben.Keen for all the work he put in helping making the svg file work correctly, as well as for allowing me to use his backgrounds. Ben, Thank You.

Matt Ginsberg (aka: b15gins) Thank You for putting together your BBM theme group. A fantastic bunch of people. Thanks everyone for your help & feedback. Matt, thanks for all the information you shared.
    Matt Ginsberg | Web and Graphic Designer | Blackberry Theme Developer

Wallpaper by lourdes. Thank you for a fine piece of wallpaper.
    http://m.crackberry.com/wallpaper-techy-stuff-bb-logo-3

Percentage battery meter by: Jeffallen8. Thanks Jeff for sharing.
    Battery meter with percentage - Smartphone Forums

OS6 Icons where noted are used thanks to Big Papa: Icon set used: OS6 Icons which was created by Big Papa from Blackberry Theme Lab (Blackberry Theme Lab).

My Touch Icons where noted are thanks to Big Papa: Icon set used: MyTouch 3G Slide which was created by Big Papa from Blackberry Theme Lab (Blackberry Theme Lab)
    Msg & Unread msg indicators where noted are thanks to Big Papa: Icon set used: Blackberry OEM Icons Edited by BigPapa from Blackberry Theme Lab (Blackberry Theme Lab)
    Speedo Meters - Signal, Battery & wifi thanks to Blackberry Theme Lab. Battery & Wifi/Signal Meters: Created by MattG at Blackberry Theme Lab (Blackberry Theme Lab)
    Spinning Hourglass where noted: Hourglass used: Spinning Numbers which can be found at Blackberry Theme Lab (Blackberry Theme Lab

I was inspired by Stormy X. Thank you al3azim for providing an exceptional theme that inspired me to make my own.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f148/st...-icons-412155/

Thanks to MYBBOTA for the free OTA hosting.
    MyBBOTA.com

OTA Links

The original. Small font version
    OTA v1.5.2: MyBBOTA.com Download - QBall 3G 5.0 v1.5.2

The updated
    Slightly larger font & larger clock version
    OTA v1.5.5 MyBBOTA.com Download - QBall 3G 5.0 v1.5.5.

QuickLaunch Versions
    OTA v1.5.5 + QL MyBBOTA.com Download - QBall 3G 5.0 v1.5.5 + QL
    OTA v1.5.5 OS6 Icons + QL MyBBOTA.com Download - QBall 3G 5.0 1.5.5 + OS6 icons
    OTA 1.5.6 os6 icons + QL + unread messages on the side MyBBOTA.com Download - QBall 3G 5.0 1.5.6 os6 icon + QL
    OTA 1.5.5 My Touch Icons MyBBOTA.com Download - QBall 3G 1.5.5 My Touch Icons

OTA 1.5.7 OS6 Icons + QL + Speedo Meters + Spinning Numbers Hourglass MyBBOTA.com Download - QBall 3G 5.0 v1.5.7 OS6 icons

OTA 1.6 My Touch Icons + side mounted unread msg box MyBBOTA.com Download - QBall 3G v1.6 My Touch Icons + QL

OTA v1.6.1 My TouchIcons + QL + Speedo Meters + Spinning Numbers Hourglass MyBBOTA.com Download - QBall 3G 5.0 v1.6.1 My Touch

Please remember to do a battery pull after installing any new theme.
    Last edited by jdavey; 08-18-10 at 09:52 AM.
    05-24-10 11:52 PM
    Here's a screen shot of my theme.
    Hope you enjoy...
    Last edited by jdavey; 05-25-10 at 12:10 AM.
    05-25-10 12:06 AM
    sounds packed with a lot of features, let me take a closer look...
    05-25-10 12:26 AM
    Great job on this one. I'm always looking for "that right theme" and I always would go back to that stormy x theme cuz it has the 2 slots for MB and WB. I like this one much better. Keep up that gr8 work, and again Thank You!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-26-10 12:48 AM
    Well done...adding this one for sure!!!
    05-26-10 06:25 AM
    Please let me know if you find any "bugs" as I am planning on making an update.
    I plan to make the status box on the home screen a bit longer. (I see its cutting off email address & longer app names). On the incoming call screen I'll move the incoming call info slightly to the right. (I want a small gap between the caller pic & caller info.). These are all cosmetic changes.
    I'm thinking I should be able to make these changes and post the update sometime on Friday 5/28.

05-26-10 08:41 AM
    I tested this theme out for a few days. No lag, no battery or memory drain. It's a clean, simple theme with extras up in the banner.

05-26-10 09:56 PM
    I downloaded this theme last night and I'm loving it. I have two requests:

- Would it be possible to change the font? It's hard for me to read it.

- If you try scrolling to the top icons from the bottom icons, they all take you to the top left except for the bottom right corner. Can you make it so the bottom 4 left icons scroll up to the top left icon, and bottom 4 right icons scroll up to the top right?
    05-27-10 07:19 AM
    Font: which font are you referring to? All of your menu fonts should be user definable. You should be able to change them yourself under options>screen/keyboard. Are you referring to the font in the today section & call screens? Those I can & have been thinking might be changed with my upcoming update.

Navigation: the reason you found all but the far right icon go up to the top left is simple. All the dock icons point to the today section and the today section points to the upper left icon. This allows you to place your icons that have today's to be positioned in any spot #3-9. I will look at it.

Both of your requests are not difficult changes. Thanks for your interest.

05-27-10 08:00 AM
    Yes, I was referring to the font in the today section and call screen (also icon font). The navigation also makes sense. I guess I've just gotten used to having my today items on the left of the dock. And I have no need for the calendar icon with the hot spot which is nice.
    05-27-10 08:34 AM
    That calendar hotspot sure is nice.
    I'm hoping to have some time this evening to work on this a bit. If there are other quirks that you find let me know so I might look at them.

05-27-10 08:46 AM
    My only 2 grips have already been mentioned....

bigger font in the today screen. It is very tiny. Coming from Stormy X (which I'm glad you gave props to) the font was just perfect on the today screen, showed 5 items.

and

making the status bar longer for longer names apps. For ex. "Youmail Visual Voicemail.

Otherwise, amazing theme.
    revtech likes this.
    05-27-10 12:13 PM
    The status box will be fixed with the update. As will the font & positioning on the call screens. I will also look at the Today section. Its very likely that I will drop a couple lines & increase the point size.... Maybe change out the font altogether.

05-27-10 12:26 PM
    Great looking theme! Will certainly try this one. Do you plan to do any that are "wallpaper friendly"?
    05-27-10 08:55 PM
    Peege, download it. Its very wallpaper friendly. Banner is transparent.

05-27-10 09:29 PM
    I just posted an updated OTA link.
    Changed fonts on call screens & Today
    Stretched the status box
    Played with call screens
    Changed navigation on the dock. Left 4 go up to today then button 2. Right 4 go up to button 1.

As always please let me know if there any issues.

05-27-10 09:36 PM
    The changes look great. I'll play around with it some more tomorrow. Thanks for listening.

05-28-10 12:04 AM
    IF you liked those changes i think you'll like the update i'm posting now. I like this much better. I guess thats what I get for getting in a hurry.
    Here's the link for my last change/update. At least for this weekend.

updated OTA Link version 1.5.4: MyBBOTA.com Download - QBall 3G 5.0 v1.5.4
    05-28-10 12:46 AM
    nice job, jdavey. this theme seems pretty solid...very fast too, which is a huge plus in my book
    thx for the great update
    05-28-10 07:21 AM
    Will definitely try this out later. At work right now. Currently using Stormy X. Does spacebar open Quicklaunch?
    05-28-10 09:26 AM
    I'm sorry to say that I did not include that space bar QL option. I don't use QL. As I understand it, the new version of QL allows the user to set the launch key.

If you like Stormy X, I think you'll like this theme.
    Thanks for looking.

05-28-10 09:33 AM
    Will definitely try this out later. At work right now. Currently using Stormy X. Does spacebar open Quicklaunch?
    no, but you can set it to spacebar via quicklaunch nowadays. it doesn't have to be preset in themes anymore

edit: oops, jdavey already answered w/ same response
    05-28-10 09:37 AM
    no, but you can set it to spacebar via quicklaunch nowadays. it doesn't have to be preset in themes anymore

edit: oops, jdavey already answered w/ same response
    But does that work with "dial from home screen" activated?
    05-28-10 11:12 AM
    good point...no.
    05-28-10 11:14 AM
    Liking the second update. The fonts are much better and I like the bigger clock. Is it just me, or is the clock off center with the date now? Probably just being picky...

05-28-10 12:22 PM
188 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD