Can someone please help?? I love my Storm 2, but my wife's ready to chuck it out the window!

It seems like about half the time I get a call, when I reach into my pocket, something (my finger or keys or whatever) hits the "Ignore" button, and I have to call the person back (usually my wife!)

Is there some kind of app I can download that will cancel out the functionality of the touchscreen when I'm receiving a call, so I can just answer it with the real green "send" button at the bottom?

PLEAAAAASE help! Thank you!!
    05-24-10 05:33 PM
    I've been complaining about this since i got my storm 2. I never had this problem withthe storm1. I wish someone came out with a "slide to answer" app.
    05-24-10 06:11 PM
    I have looked everywhere on the internet and can't find anything other than apps to "slide to unlock". I'd even pay a couple bucks for an app that could do this!
    06-02-10 11:09 PM
    Doesn't the ignore button just silence the ringer? You should still be able to answer, I think?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 03:23 AM
    Try locking the phone before you put it in your pocket.
    06-03-10 08:07 AM
    i lock my phone. when it rings if i hit the end button while removing from my pocket i lose the call. I have StormSlider and asked if they could have an option to slide to answer but i have not heard anything....I hope someone hears us and comes up with something.
    06-03-10 08:15 AM
    Doesn't the ignore button just silence the ringer? You should still be able to answer, I think?

There are two buttons, 1 to silence ringer, 1 to "ignore". The latter ends the call and sends it straight to VM.
    06-03-10 12:09 PM
    There are two buttons, 1 to silence ringer, 1 to "ignore". The latter ends the call and sends it straight to VM.
    LOL, a year and a half using the Storms and I just learned something new! Guess I will have to look at the screen more closely next time someone calls.

06-03-10 12:53 PM
    I can't remember if Stormslider or PatternLock have the functionality you're looking for, but Ultimate Lock has a setting for lock/unlock for incoming calls. Never used PatternLock and it's been too long since I've used Stormslider that I can't remember if it does.
    06-03-10 03:34 PM
    I can't remember if Stormslider or PatternLock have the functionality you're looking for, but Ultimate Lock has a setting for lock/unlock for incoming calls. Never used PatternLock and it's been too long since I've used Stormslider that I can't remember if it does.
    So what your saying is that ultimate lock has a setting that would ask you to unlock the phone to answer? If so do you simply unlock the phone and the call is answered or do you unlock and then press the answer button? Thanks
    06-03-10 04:51 PM
    It doesn't ask, I have it set to unlock on incoming which, for you, would leave you with the same problem. You'd want it set to leave locked so it doesn't unlock in your pocket, that way you just pull it out, slide to unlock, and answer/silent/ignore the call.
    06-03-10 04:56 PM
    It doesn't ask, I have it set to unlock on incoming which, for you, would leave you with the same problem. You'd want it set to leave locked so it doesn't unlock in your pocket, that way you just pull it out, slide to unlock, and answer/silent/ignore the call.
    Thanks. I think I will give it a try. Are there any issues with the storm 2 and this app? I had stormslider and had nothing but problems.
    06-03-10 04:59 PM
    Thanks. I think I will give it a try. Are there any issues with the storm 2 and this app? I had stormslider and had nothing but problems.
    I had problems with Stormslider as well, which is why I got Ultimate Lock. As long as you set ALL permissions to "allow" and do a battery pull, you're golden. It's available from Crackberry app store with a 3 day trial.
    06-03-10 05:05 PM
    This comment is incorrect and lead me to purchase Ultimate Lock. I am now upset I spent money on the app and it DOES NOT function this way. Ultimate Lock will NOT keep you from answering/ignoring a call while locked. You will still ignore calls in your pocket with this app.

Im not bashing you, I just dont want others to buy Ultimate Lock thinking it will keep you from accidentally ignoring a call in your pocket.
    07-15-10 09:34 AM
    That's weird. Mine keeps getting hit when it's sitting on the table and my Mom calls.
    07-15-10 10:35 AM
    holster?

10 char.
    07-15-10 11:28 AM
    holster?

10 char.
    shouldn't need one if the phone had the right lock options.

07-15-10 01:32 PM
    shouldn't need one if the phone had the right lock options.

I tested this out myself before replying - you're absolutely right. No matter how I configured it it always unlocked on incoming calls. I apologize; I've never missed a call that I intended to answer with Ultimate Lock installed so I simply assumed it would work for your issue.
    I didn't try the beta version but I think it's an OS issue since .428.
    07-15-10 07:03 PM
    Anyone know how we can get the App devs to fix this issue?
    07-16-10 10:12 AM
    contacted the app dev for Ultimate lock, dosn't look like they will be fixing the issue...

copy and paste from the email they sent...

We apologize for the inconvenience. Obviously, the application is not working properly for you. This feature works for most people, so I am unsure as to what the issue is.

Please contact the center you purchased the app from so they can walk you through the process.

Should there be other concerns please let me know.
    07-19-10 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD