I have kinda browsed thru the forums looking for any answers before I ask this question. So far I haven't found anything so here goes� rocking a storm 9530 with a 5.0.0.328 system. I have google maps, youmail, Facebook, quickpull and the pushed youtube app installed. I do an automatic pull at 4am every day. But I am forced to do at least three more during the course of my day due to a rather large memory leak. I do everything else� at least what I was told by Verizon to do but it doesn't help. I start out with under 16mgb and by noon or so I'm down to under 5... Any help would be awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 03:46 AM
    So a legit question gets ignored for a question that could have been answered by doing a google search?

05-24-10 08:02 AM
    16 is pretty low. I was booting at 32 with .328 and I have a lot more apps than what you are using...You may need to wipe and reload your OS. I put .419 on my phone this morning and booting at 36 mb...too early to say how long that'll lasts...Are you using a theme?
    05-24-10 11:21 AM
    Memory leaks are a known issue with this phone, robbloyd. I'm not sure what else people can tell you to help you. Either one of your apps is not playing nice with another one, or you have something else on the phone causing issues. Themes are a huge one, if you're running other than the default. Or something like closing everything totally when you're done using it, it can drain memory. Follow gregs advice, back up, then wipe and reload the device. Put the apps you use one by one, and see which one could be causing problems.
    Last edited by cdowner; 05-24-10 at 12:59 PM.
    05-24-10 12:56 PM
    Nope. No themes. Apparently they don't like my phone all that well. I can put one on and my phone is like its on lockdown. So I delete it. Reboot phone. Then back to the same drawing board. I,at one time, was running both google maps and and the standard BB maps. I work for a company that depends on me knowing where I'm going so I have to use the best. Got rid of BB maps. Maybe google is doing the dirty to me?

05-24-10 01:26 PM
    Themes don't seem to like the Storm in general. You don't have a lot on the phone so I'm not sure what could be causing the issue. Do you have a lot of e-mails/SMS/etc on the phone? Ever clear out your Google maps? I would still think you should wipe and remove everything, then put everything back one by one.
    05-24-10 01:38 PM
    I have around 13 meg when I reboot the phone but it will last 2 or 3 days before I need another battery pull. The only apps you list that I don't have are youmail and youtube. I would check to see if one of those apps are causing your leak. Also, as someone else stated, are you closing out of the apps completely when you are done or are you still running them in the background? Using the menu to completely close out will go along way to preserving your memory.
    05-24-10 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD