I'm trying to find one thats free and like the one for the i-touch. Ive found a lot of ones that seem good, but none that are free. I really want the fast food menus too.

Thanks for any help
    05-23-10 02:32 AM
    I'm trying to find one thats free and like the one for the i-touch. Ive found a lot of ones that seem good, but none that are free. I really want the fast food menus too.

Thanks for any help
    Check out Calorie Counter by Fatsecret. BB app world has it and it is free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 08:18 AM
    I second the fatsecret app, it rocks. The spark people app is not bad either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 08:52 AM
    Definately the Calorie Counter by Fatsecret.
    I doubled the amount of weight I've lost in half of the time since I started using this app. I highly recommend.
    05-23-10 11:28 PM
    Calorie Counter is a very good app and very easy to use.
    05-24-10 07:49 AM
    I agree with everyone here. By far the best one out there. It syncs automatically too so you can review everything online. Nice feature and as mentioned here, everythings free!
    05-24-10 10:26 AM
    can you manually add calories on fatsecret?
    06-09-10 10:20 AM
    can you manually add calories on fatsecret?
    You add foods that you consume in the day, your beverages, your exercise (if any) etc. and it calculates it all for you. So say for breakfast you have 2 scrambled eggs and a piece of rye toast. Also a glass of orange juice. You enter all those items in (even specific brands if you want) and it will automatically tell you its calories, fat, carbs, etc. Its amazing and free! At least give it a try!!! Best of luck.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-09-10 11:17 PM

Thanks for any help

Just for fun I checked it out. ( I'm always trying to stay fit while I travel ) and Calorie Counter by Fatsecret. is the best out there

Good luck
    06-10-10 08:29 AM
    anybody have a link to get this that does not go through appworld?
    06-30-10 11:06 AM
    anybody have a link to get this that does not go through appworld?
    Unfortunately I was never able to find it anywhere other than appworld. That didn't stop me from deleting appworld off the device about 20 seconds after installing FatSecret though! Lol. I hate that damn appworld too.
    06-30-10 11:45 AM
    im not willing to even install it first lol, i fired off a note on the fatsecret site in the tech forum, lets see if i get a response.
    06-30-10 12:13 PM
    im not willing to even install it first lol, i fired off a note on the fatsecret site in the tech forum, lets see if i get a response.
    HAHHAH. Good luck.
    06-30-10 12:16 PM
    I just downloaded this yesterday and it looks great! I have a couple questions tho. Does anyone know if there's a 'tutorial' type thing anywhere and if not, can anyone answer these questions:
    1. After entering something in the exercise diary, can it be deleted? (say if you duplicated something)

2. Again in the exercise diary, I don't understand the Activity part and how to use it, example: when I open the diary first time this AM under Total Calories there's Resting 16 hours, seems like no matter what I try to change, increase or decrease, it doesn�t add up to what I want it to say and then the 'replace with' or 'instead of' sleeping??

The menus are very confusing to me but I really want to try it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanx.

Leslie
    09-01-10 09:34 AM
    I just downloaded this yesterday and it looks great! I have a couple questions tho. Does anyone know if there's a 'tutorial' type thing anywhere and if not, can anyone answer these questions:
    1. After entering something in the exercise diary, can it be deleted? (say if you duplicated something)

2. Again in the exercise diary, I don't understand the Activity part and how to use it, example: when I open the diary first time this AM under Total Calories there's Resting 16 hours, seems like no matter what I try to change, increase or decrease, it doesn�t add up to what I want it to say and then the 'replace with' or 'instead of' sleeping??

The menus are very confusing to me but I really want to try it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanx.

Leslie

I have not found a �tutorial�, but there is a fatsecret website www.fatsecret.comwith a lot of helpful advice and information.

To answer your questions;

1. There is not a delete option, but you can reduce the amount of time for that activity. So say you added basketball 01:30 (which is 1.5 hours), to delete it, edit it by decreasing the time by 01:30. The result is that it will remove basketball from your list and increase resting time. Note, it will not let you decrease the activity by 2:00 because it would result in a -00:30.

2. Understanding this might help with #1. The default exercise is set to 8 hours of sleep and 16 hours of resting (for 24 hours). So, if you wake up every day at 6:00 AM and go to bed at 11:00 PM you need to adjust this to 07:00 (7 hours) of sleep for the day, which will increase resting to 17:00 (24 hours).

When you decrease sleep by 01:00 it will increase resting by 01:00 to balance to 24 hours.

When you add an exercise make sure the duration (default 1:00 = 1 hour) time is instead of resting. If you spend 30 min playing basketball adjust the time to 00:30, the result will show as resting = 15:30, sleeping = 08:00 and basketball = 00:30; total 24:00.

Keep at it, I hope this works for you. This was just the thing for me to lose 55lbs in just about 6 months.
    09-03-10 12:25 PM
    I know I'm late to the party on this one, but thought I'd chime in. Calorie Counter by Livestrong is only $2.99 but it is well worth it, trust me. I use it every day for every single thing I eat. I've lost nearly 60 pounds in the last five months mostly by just counting calories using this app. I also use the accompanying online MyPlate system, which syncs with your BB info. It will be the best $2.99 you've ever spent, as it has been for me.
    09-06-10 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD