I was going to leave verizon pay my etf of $145 and switch back to sprint and get the bold for $200 which is a lot cheaper than payin full retail $449.99 for the device with out contract... I ported from sprint to VZW for the droid so I'm 100% familiar and satisfied with sprints service.

That being said, I simply called VZW to inquire how much my ETF would be, the rep told me $145 and asked me why I wanted to know. Told her my situation.. Basically its a lot cheaper for me to pay my etf, switch to sprint and get bold for $200 not to mention my new plan would be significantly cheaper.. ( as mentioned above ). She told me she won't waste my time on telling my I should stay and that I'm obviously satisfied with sprint so she won't try to convince me. She easily offered me an early 2year upgrade (mind you I'm only about 6 months in on a 2yr).

I didn't ask for it, or suggest this offer. I called 3 days later to verify this offer is still VALID and it is.

Just trying to help my fellow VZW subscribers who are in the same situation as I am! Good luck Post if you were successful!

UPDATE:
    Seems to be an Early Upgrade Promotion going on, here is the official PDF i found
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1149777/Indi...0Promotion.pdf
    Last edited by illmaticone; 05-26-10 at 09:16 AM.
    05-21-10 07:44 PM
    nice, good to know thanks.
    05-21-10 08:23 PM
    I did the same thing, only I was not offered an upgrade. I asked for one and was denied. However I was told that I can swap upgrade dates with someone else on my family plan (there are 4 of us on it) if they are currently able to upgrade. Once the bold comes out I am gonna do this.
    05-21-10 08:25 PM
    I just tried and all they offer me was to purchase replacement blackberry 8350 @ $ 135.00 dollars . lol
    05-21-10 09:11 PM
    Just bumped into this, till will help support my claim. good luck

Verizon offering early upgrade to certain customers? (Phone Arena News)
    05-26-10 08:03 AM
    I had tried twice with Sprint to get my upgrade bumped up to no avail... I have to admit I was sort of "prickish" due to the fact I am on like Tour number 10 or so... So I called and Just asked if there was any way to move my upgrade eligibility or switch dates with another line on my account and expressed that everyone knows there are issues with the tour blah blah I love Sprint blah blah . Long story short I was told I could not use an upgrade from another line but she would be willling to grant me an early upgrade do to my woe's with the Tour. She told me it would take 24 hours to show... it only took 3 hours... I will behold my Bold tonight!
    05-26-10 08:43 AM
    Congratulations

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 08:50 AM
    Just bumped into this, till will help support my claim. good luck

Verizon offering early upgrade to certain customers? (Phone Arena News)
    WOW! Good find! I just might be able to get the Bold afterall I am no where near the end of my 2 years LOL
    05-26-10 09:03 AM
    I found the actual PDF!! here you guy guys

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1149777/Indi...0Promotion.pdf
    05-26-10 09:05 AM
    Good to know; might have to try this for another phone on my account.

I was going to leave verizon pay my etf of $145 and switch back to sprint and get the bold for $200 which is a lot cheaper than payin full retail $599.99 for the device with out contract... I ported from sprint to VZW for the droid so I'm 100% familiar and satisfied with sprints service.

That being said, I simply called VZW to inquire how much my ETF would be, the rep told me $145 and asked me why I wanted to know. Told her my situation.. Basically its a lot cheaper for me to pay my etf, switch to sprint and get bold for $200 not to mention my new plan would be significantly cheaper.. ( as mentioned above ). She told me she won't waste my time on telling my I should stay and that I'm obviously satisfied with sprint so she won't try to convince me. She easily offered me an early 2year upgrade (mind you I'm only about 6 months in on a 2yr).

I didn't ask for it, or suggest this offer. I called 3 days later to verify this offer is still VALID and it is.

Just trying to help my fellow VZW subscribers who are in the same situation as I am! Good luck Post if you were successful!
    05-26-10 09:06 AM
    FYI -- the Bold on Sprint is currently listed at $449.99 retail. I would assume it will also be this retail price on VZW once it comes out. A fair bit less than what you expected which is $599.99.
    05-26-10 09:13 AM
    i was like 8 months away from my upgrade i just went to vzw and they switched me up no questions aske for 100 bucks i went from an env touch lame. to my BB TOUR
    05-26-10 09:13 AM
    FYI -- the Bold on Sprint is currently listed at $449.99 retail. I would assume it will also be this retail price on VZW once it comes out. A fair bit less than what you expected which is $599.99.
    good to know, ill change it in case people actually go by that.
    05-26-10 09:15 AM
    Wonder if it works better in the stores than on the phone?

i was like 8 months away from my upgrade i just went to vzw and they switched me up no questions aske for 100 bucks i went from an env touch lame. to my BB TOUR
    05-26-10 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD