Does anyone know how to set 9700 to vibrate when receiving blackberry messenger message. I only get flashing red light as notification. Tried setting, but nothing working for me.
    05-21-10 01:30 AM
    Which setting? I set mine by clicking on the speaker, scrolling down to "Set ringtones/alerts" and then selecting "Instant Messages".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 01:51 AM
    Which setting? I set mine by clicking on the speaker, scrolling down to "Set ringtones/alerts" and then selecting "Instant Messages".

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try!!!!

05-21-10 06:33 AM
    Sorry, still not vibrating. Use to be easy to set on 8320 and 8900!!!
    05-21-10 07:00 AM
    Weird. There's not anywhere else to set it that I can see. What version of BBM are you using? Have you tried a battery pull?

05-21-10 06:33 PM
    Go to Options within BBM and select the check box for Vibrate When Receiving a Ping!
    05-21-10 07:39 PM
    I just went into the profiles and went to instant messaging and made sure it was set to vibrate instead of custom.

05-21-10 08:40 PM
    It won't vibrate or sound off a tone unless your BBM status is set to active, otherwise if it is off, it just gives you the red light for a notification...

Had the same problem...hope this helps.

05-22-10 07:47 AM
    Go to Profiles > Edit profiles > Normal > Instant messeges > Blackberry Messenger new messege......and set vibration to "On". Should vibrate when you get a new messege on BBM...
    05-22-10 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD