I purchased a bold 9650 today and got it all setup with my apps and settings, and then the trackpad just stopped responding. I am on my second one now.

When the trackpad stoped responding, the phone seemed to be running very slowly. Multiple battery pulls did not help. I noticed some lag with the trackpad when I first got the device, before it completely stopped responding. This lag/unresponsiveness seemed to occur when the blackberry was under some load (installing apps, loading service books, etc.). I suspect this is some sort of software problem.

I'll report back here if I have the same issue with the second device.
    05-20-10 10:34 PM
    I had the same issue with the TrackPad becoming unresponsive just after I validated my email addresses on the new device and a flood of emails came in. Since then I've had no further problems, knock on wood.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-20-10 10:49 PM
    OH NO :[ hope this is an isolated case.
    05-20-10 11:06 PM
    So far so good here. Had the phone for about 12 hours or so. In fact...I can put my thumb slightly above the trackpad and it will move it without even touching it.

Last edited by jimmyknuckles32; 05-21-10 at 01:09 PM.
    05-20-10 11:24 PM
    $5 says there is an update comming within the next 3 days and that is what is causing this.
    05-20-10 11:32 PM
    Had mine for the past 3 days no problems so far
    05-21-10 03:49 AM
    Reporting back in to say that after using the phone all night and again this morning I haven't had any further issues other than the instance yesterday afternoon while it froze up (briefly). I figured it had something to do with all my mailboxes hitting at once right after I validated the emai addresses.

05-21-10 06:58 AM
    Oh no! Glad to hear its working again. I can only imagine what the boards here would be like with the 9630's trackball issues being replaced by the 9650's trackpad issues!
    05-21-10 07:07 AM
    Oh no! Glad to hear its working again. I can only imagine what the boards here would be like with the 9630's trackball issues being replaced by the 9650's trackpad issues!
    Shudder to think! LOL. I'm liking the trackpad...takes a little getting used to but it's pretty cool. It does track movement when not touching but hovering over the pad, that takes a little getting used to but seems to happen only after actually having touched it to navigate.

05-21-10 07:59 AM
    any time that the blackberry is receiving data, whether it be from many emails coming in, when you are downloading something, when any app takes a while to load (facebook for example) the trackpad and even trackball on other devices ALWAYS slows down. sometimes it may seem unresponsive, but it's really because the trackpad/trackball is waiting for the blackberry to stop receiving/sending information. Completely normal. same thing happens with the mouse on computers
    05-21-10 10:06 AM
    I had the same issue with the TrackPad becoming unresponsive just after I validated my email addresses on the new device and a flood of emails came in. Since then I've had no further problems, knock on wood.

this is normal and not a big deal
    05-21-10 06:07 PM
    white mouse to test out the first batch of 9650
    05-21-10 09:53 PM
    my trackpad is a bit uneven... top left corner slightly raised... but otherwise, functionally works fine
    05-21-10 10:10 PM
    from what I have read canuck that is also normal.
    05-21-10 10:53 PM
    The leaked OS fixes these freezing getting stuck problems for me .
    Occasionaly it will still hang but def better than when I got it.
    Last edited by juttin3; 05-21-10 at 11:38 PM.
    05-21-10 11:06 PM
    The leaked OS fixes these freezing getting stuck problems.

what leaked OS are you talking about?
    05-21-10 11:19 PM
    05-21-10 11:36 PM
    God. I'm going to laugh hysterically if the 9650 is plagued with trackpad issues like the Tour had with the trackball. I had 6 Tours in 35 days before I finally gave up on it and got a Touch Pro 2 - got tired of that and went back to my 8330 until I switched to at&t in February for the 9700.
    05-22-10 12:51 AM
    Ok. Since I posted this (and got a new device), I haven't had any problems with the trackpad. Everything is good to go.
    06-05-10 02:48 PM
    I got my bold the week it released. Not trackpad issues here. Might just be a bad batch

06-05-10 03:51 PM
    I got two 9650's the week they came out. One for my wife, and one for me. Also upgraded to the new OS release from Sprint. Wife reports no problems with hers, but mine is another story. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I've been "stuck" in native apps. For example, went to make a phone call, and wanted to call from a contact. Hit the phone button and trackpad stayed inside the historical call log. No matter what I did, it wouldn't scroll up into the dial screen. Hard reboot, problem fixed. Then I noticed the same thing in messenger. It would not let me navigate the cursor outside of the message box. I couldn't scroll up to read historical in the same conversation. Hard reboot, problem fixed. Today, at least three times, when I would go to messenger, it would not let me navigate out of one conversation from the main messenger screen. I could push in and open that conversation, but couldn't navigate away to another conversation. Only thing that fixes it is a hard reset of the device.

In fact, while researching, I got the exact same problem. Showed my wife, and got ticked. As a result, I gave the device a little "tap" against the palm of my hand. Believe it or not, it fixed it.

On the phone with Sprint as I write this.........
    Last edited by 5eleven; 06-06-10 at 09:09 PM.
    06-06-10 07:54 PM
    My 2nd bold had a perfectly evenly level trackpad, not that my first off one was an issue, just saying some are diff.
    06-06-10 09:35 PM
    SO, I have had the laggy trackpad or not responding issue. Really bad,. But im thinking it was after i installed a new theme without doing a quick pull...

After a quick pull problem seems rectified... we will see
    06-06-10 10:47 PM
    you cant say the trackpad is not responding when your device is in a heavy use mode, such as getting all of your service books, initial boot up, programs that are memory hogs, not rebooting after a change in your device such as a new theme, new program installed or removed, etc etc etc etc....

stop looking into it so much, you know you have a problem when it lags doing basic stuff like reading an email in basic text, or scrolling thru text messages, or your phonebook and so on.

the wheel did it, and so did the trackball just the same. trackpad is no different as the OS is basically the same just modified for a different pointer device thats all.
    06-07-10 11:31 AM
    you cant say the trackpad is not responding when your device is in a heavy use mode, such as getting all of your service books, initial boot up, programs that are memory hogs, not rebooting after a change in your device such as a new theme, new program installed or removed, etc etc etc etc....

stop looking into it so much, you know you have a problem when it lags doing basic stuff like reading an email in basic text, or scrolling thru text messages, or your phonebook and so on.

the wheel did it, and so did the trackball just the same. trackpad is no different as the OS is basically the same just modified for a different pointer device thats all.
    Agreed. What's strange in my case is the fact that I can scroll within an app, but only so far. For example, in bbm, with one conversation running. I can type, use menu, and scroll within the text window, but it wouldn't let me scroll up to read the historical messages within the open conversation. Or when making a call, I can scroll up and down the call log, but can't get the cursor inside the dial window..... After two hours on the phone, tech support said - this is a hardware issue. Ordered a replacement today. Interesting to see.....I can't have the only device with this problem.
    06-07-10 12:28 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD