On my home screen there is a messenger icon (just as you would expect when you receive a message)...although I have no new message in my inbox and no obvious way to delete the pesky icon...

Any help would be appreciated...Many Thanks
    05-20-10 05:14 PM
    On my home screen there is a messenger icon (just as you would expect when you receive a message)...although I have no new message in my inbox and no obvious way to delete the pesky icon...

Try a battery pull. That usually fixes those types of problems.
    05-20-10 08:14 PM
    check save folder or go into your options and delete all messeges
    05-20-10 08:17 PM
    Do you use both the email inbox as well as the "messages" inbox, if not and the messages one is hidden check that, if not do a battery pull
    05-20-10 08:24 PM
    Hi guys. Firstly, many thanks for your respomses. Secondly, I've tried all of the above but to no avail!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 08:26 AM
    Hi

Ive currently got the same problem, with the little bbm bubble icon with a 1 next to it even tho i have no chats open.

If you get the answer and manage to get rid of it could you let me know.

Thanks.

xx
    05-21-10 09:07 AM
    Can you list the 3rd party apps you have installed please? That will help, also take a screen shot of it, that would be hugely helpful

(google an app called "captureit" if you arent familiar how to take one)
    05-21-10 12:47 PM
    if your sure its a BBM icon make sure you check to see if you have any BBM group messages, those show an icon too and it took me awhile to figure that one out!
    05-21-10 02:03 PM
    If its a message/email/sms icon, go into your msgs folder, open each message in turn and scroll through the conversations.
    The icon sometimes remains when you receive a msg, read it but don't scroll through the text.

If its a bbm icon, then no idea I'm afraid!

05-23-10 02:54 AM
    One of my messenger contacts is suddenly appearing with a smiley between 2 dots, after the contact's name. I am asking if the two dots "mean" something or if they are simply framing a smiley that he attached to his name.
    05-27-10 11:47 AM
    One of my messenger contacts is suddenly appearing with a smiley between 2 dots, after the contact's name. I am asking if the two dots "mean" something or if they are simply framing a smiley that he attached to his name.
    If it looks similar to this, it just means he added a smiley or fancy character to his display name.

05-27-10 12:02 PM
    No, it looks like this - Jeremy (dot) (dot). The dots are black in the contact list and in red along with his name in a conversation.
    05-27-10 01:03 PM
    add your self in BBM
    but don't accept or decline
    just press close

if u have like 3 messeges appear on home screen
    enter to the add of yours then close it 3 times
    if it goes decline the add.
    05-30-10 07:36 AM
    This worked for me, hope it works for you too!

In messenger, go to Options, back up your contact list, then restore! That's it! Those icons come from contacts that you have deleted, but they sent a message after or during the deletion. Thats what I figure anyway.

Please let me know if this helps!

07-21-10 07:38 PM

Try changing the theme or wallpaper...

07-23-10 06:55 AM
    go to your ignore list, uncheck everyone and reboot

when it reboots you should see an invite from someone previously on your ignore list, re-ignore, decline and the indicator should go away
    07-23-10 09:47 AM
    This is actually a notification of a update of Blackberry App world. I discovered this by mistake
    08-21-10 09:36 PM
    add your self in BBM
    but don't accept or decline
    just press close

if u have like 3 messeges appear on home screen
    enter to the add of yours then close it 3 times
    if it goes decline the add.
    i had the same problem and followed this step and it works !
    thank you
    02-05-11 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD