I just loaded Tmo .586 update earlier today. Played with it and everything was working great, but then I noticed when I did a battery pull it almost took 10mins to boot up. Went back to .656 and was still having the same boot up problem. So then I wiped it using bbsak loaded .586 again and its still doing it.... What can I do to fix it? Everything else is working great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 02:49 AM
    not sure that there's anything you can do to fix it. there are many threads on this topic, and it's a common issue. mine takes 7-8 mins to reboot.
    05-20-10 06:07 AM
    what os are you running?
    05-20-10 11:31 AM
    Do you have a lot of apps on your device? I know that is one thing that may cause the phone to boot for a really long time. I am still on .405 (the official one for att) and mine takes between 3-5 minutes - about the same time as the horrible iphone 3g I use to have before that
    05-20-10 11:49 AM
    I'm on the official tmo .586 and mine takes <1min15sec
    05-20-10 12:21 PM
    This is true, it seems directly proportionate to the number of apps you have installed.

05-20-10 12:25 PM
    Dudes the number of Apps should not affect bootup time.... Unless maybe all of your apps start up automatically but I don't know many apps that do that.

I easily have over 20 Apps, about 10 games, 5 (big) themes and 100's of emails and messages and I'm at 2 minutes.

05-20-10 12:53 PM
    i dont have alot of apps maybe 6 at the most
    05-20-10 03:54 PM
    Seems like this becomes more an issue everyday I log onto CB...I am still stock OS .330 through t-Mobile and I have over 20 apps, 5 themes and couple games and the longest it took me on a boot_up was 2:20...to the tee...

05-20-10 04:03 PM
    I'm on the official tmo .586 and mine takes <1min15sec
    Mine is under 1 and a half minutes as well, and I have probably closer to 20 apps than 6 installed.
    05-20-10 04:24 PM
    it has to be a certain app. Cause I have used OS .330 with more then 30 apps and it took ~10 min, deleted 20 apps and it still took the same amount of time.

Same way with the new OS released this week. Still slow.

IMO facebook and twitter clients slow it down. Thats what I am blaming it on. My 8520 without facebook and twitter the boot time was less then a min. Then I added twitter and facebook and now its like 5.
    05-20-10 04:37 PM
    There was something I saw regarding having something enabled in your settings that led to prolonged reboot times. Can't remember if it was memory cleaning or a backup of some kind. I have all extracurricular system activities set to 'disable' and my boot up times are pretty quick. Much moreso I notice with this official TMO release. I had .586 before, as well as several hybrids and the official .656. This is the quickest boot up time, which is why I went back.
    05-20-10 05:04 PM
    i have facebook installed & yeah mine takes a while to boot
    also I have security options -> advanced -> memory cleaning is enabled but LOCKED, can't disable it

Why's that?
    05-20-10 10:40 PM
    Yeah, there is a setting. I found this out a long time ago. I used to have 8 min reboots, now I have 2 min reboots.

Go to Options > Security Options > Encryption > and then choose disabled. Reboot now, and your time should be way less.
    05-20-10 11:49 PM
    I've had this issue while updating apps. I updated BlackBerry Messenger once and it took 6+ minutes to start the first few times. Strange. It went away on it's own. Not to mention I only reboot once every week or 2, and I plan it so I'm not doing n e thing at the time.

05-21-10 05:40 AM
    i have facebook installed & yeah mine takes a while to boot
    also I have security options -> advanced -> memory cleaning is enabled but LOCKED, can't disable it

Why's that?
    I can Enable mine, which I did, but Re-boot time is now much, much longer (more than 8 minutes, compare to 4:20 when Disabled. Since I am not sure what benefit do I have with it Enabled, I changed it back to Disable.

Yeah, there is a setting. I found this out a long time ago. I used to have 8 min reboots, now I have 2 min reboots.

Go to Options > Security Options > Encryption > and then choose disabled. Reboot now, and your time should be way less.
    Mine is Disabled, still - longer boot time than I would want.
    05-21-10 10:17 AM
    Dudes the number of Apps should not affect bootup time.... Unless maybe all of your apps start up automatically but I don't know many apps that do that.
    Is there a way to check if/which apps start up, and disable them?!
    05-21-10 10:18 AM
    I too have had long boot times. Without changing any of the settings, I cleared old email messages (particularly ones with attachments) and it seemed to help. My 5-6min boot time was reduced considerably to just over 2min. I didn't think it would make a difference but I'm happily surprised that it did!

05-21-10 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD