I cuurently have an Preferred FT1500 NW family plan with 5 bberries (2 with data plan) unlimited texting and Family UMA...We use about 1700 UMA minutes a month...but they are free because we have unlimited hotspot calling feature...So, the rep tells me if they switch us to a current lower minute plan, we lose free UMA minutes and that all UMA is anymore is the HotSpot capability, but the minutes count towards your plan minutes...IS THIS TRUE??? We use about 1700 UMA/mo, 1200 Whenever/mo, and 1200 Nights&Weekends/mo, but I am picking up a work phone which will drastically reduce the Plan Minutes requirement...The problem is, it will cost me more to drop to lower minute plan offered today since all other features we currently have will change in price and/or functionality (such as UMA)...AM I Stuck??? Dont get me wrong...I am the worlds BIGGEST UMA fan...but I need to keep this plan going to keep the minutes free or simply change to an unlimited plan with UMA all at the new rates (which will cost more)...HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM???
    Please share your horror story. Misery loves company.
    05-19-10 11:26 PM
    Unfortunately that's how grandfathered plans work, especially preferred plans. Very rarely does switching off of a preferred plan make financial sense, because they're deeply discounted already.
    05-20-10 12:03 AM
    Yeah sounds like you should stay where you are. You would be paying a LOT more if you changed over to one of the current rate plans.
    05-20-10 07:43 AM
    I would suggest that you stay where you are given your situation.
    05-20-10 08:14 AM
    I would not leave the legacy plan- you can not get it back.

An option to save money is the ask TM for a corporate discount.
    This link has some but not all the companies that have TM discounts programs:
    HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - T-Mobile Master Employee Discount List

A best kept secret is you can get a 12% discount if you are an AAA MEMBER (not necessarily an employee)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/how...t-12-a-289463/
    05-24-10 07:20 PM
    I would not leave the legacy plan- you can not get it back.

An option to save money is the ask TM for a corporate discount.
    This link has some but not all the companies that have TM discounts programs:
    HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - T-Mobile Master Employee Discount List

A best kept secret is you can get a 12% discount if you are an AAA MEMBER (not necessarily an employee)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/how...t-12-a-289463/
    AAA no longer gets the 12% discount. They still receive waived activation fees on new lines
    05-24-10 09:22 PM
    Freelancers Discount is 10% off your bill each month. All you have to do is sign up on their site.

I've had this discount for a while now. I hear it is getting more difficult to add it to your account but it's still possible. Might be worth a shot, especially since it's free....
    05-24-10 11:15 PM
    I'd say stay where you are. You're getting good advice. I got a promotional MyFaves for Families 1800 with 5 lines. I wouldn't touch it even if I dropped a line. A few CSRs have told me that I have a great plan that meet my needs.
    05-25-10 03:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD