Has anyone else been experiencing problems signing into facebook IM thru beejive. It has been working pretty well for a while now, but today I have been getting "Login failed likely its an incorrect username/password". I've checked the password, and its correct. Has anyone else been able to get on facebook IM on beejive??
    05-19-10 11:17 PM
    Just got a reply from Beejive customer service:

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We are changing our facebook implementation to use the recently released
    facebook connect chat through jabber protocol. We encourage our users
    having a username with Facebook to start using jabber protocol on
    Beejive that is already supported. Try adding your facebook account as a
    jabber id with <facebook username>@chat.facebook.com to the list of your
    accounts and you should be able to login and chat on facebook seamlessly
    just like with any other jabber service. Please note that its the
    facebook username and not the email address. You can find the user name
    in the Account tab (in Account Settings) in your Facebook website.

We will soon be releasing Facebook Connect implementation for chat which
    would let every one with a facebook account to start using facebook chat
    on Beejive reliably regardless of having a username with facebook.

Thank You!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 11:32 PM
    Just got a reply from Beejive customer service:

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We are changing our facebook implementation to use the recently released
    facebook connect chat through jabber protocol. We encourage our users
    having a username with Facebook to start using jabber protocol on
    Beejive that is already supported. Try adding your facebook account as a
    jabber id with <facebook username>@chat.facebook.com to the list of your
    accounts and you should be able to login and chat on facebook seamlessly
    just like with any other jabber service. Please note that its the
    facebook username and not the email address. You can find the user name
    in the Account tab (in Account Settings) in your Facebook website.

We will soon be releasing Facebook Connect implementation for chat which
    would let every one with a facebook account to start using facebook chat
    on Beejive reliably regardless of having a username with facebook.

Thank You!

Thank you soo much SlickRick! I've been having this problem as well and this solution worked perfectly

05-20-10 08:01 AM
    Thanks for that!
    05-20-10 08:12 AM
    hi ive done that an still cant log in any other ideas
    05-20-10 08:59 AM
    hi ive done that an still cant log in any other ideas
    ditto. followed all of the steps to create jabber login but still doesn't work.

edit: it took 3 or 4 attempts to add the Jabber account, but it's working now.
    Last edited by djtrent04101; 05-20-10 at 09:21 AM. Reason: New information
    05-20-10 09:13 AM
    It took me a couple of tries before it logged in for me.

On the plus side, using the Jabber setting means my facebook friends are sorted by category (instead of all being under on Facebook grouping). This makes all my facebook friends show up just like all my other IM buddies.

The downside is that my buddy list seems to refresh a LOT more. It might just be the initial loading, but it was definitely noticeable. I wonder what that will do to battery life while the app is open (shouldn't affect background/push mode... hopefully).
    05-20-10 09:14 AM
    Didn't get a chance to try it last night, just set it up as described by customer service, and it works! No problems so far, and an acceptable temporary fix for now. Glad I wasn't the only one having this problem! Glad I could be of service!

05-20-10 11:56 AM
    Ok so I just started using beejive not too long ago and mainly use it for facebook chat. I am having the same problem that you all mentioned about not being able to log in however I'm a rookie and a newbie to the whole thing so can someone PLEASE break it down to me about what it means to add it with a jabber account and so forth, basically just what do I need to do??? someone PLEASE help me! It would be greatly appreciated also! Thanks!
    05-20-10 05:27 PM
    Ok so I just started using beejive not too long ago and mainly use it for facebook chat. I am having the same problem that you all mentioned about not being able to log in however I'm a rookie and a newbie to the whole thing so can someone PLEASE break it down to me about what it means to add it with a jabber account and so forth, basically just what do I need to do??? someone PLEASE help me! It would be greatly appreciated also! Thanks!
    When you are at the main Beejive screen, you press the blackberry button and in the menu there is an "add account" option. Select that at choose a jabber account out of the list and follow the instructions posted at the top of this thread.

05-20-10 08:19 PM
    Ok so I don't have the < > symbols on my blackberry menu. are these needed to log into the jabber account through facebook on beejive im? I have the Blackberry Curve 8330 and it doesn't give me those symbols as an option, any other ways around that or is it necessary to have those symbols?
    05-21-10 06:41 AM
    Thanks a million. I was wondering what in the world was the problem.
    It should be noted for those that may not realize your facebook username is the same as your url
    At least it was for me.
    And hopefully people also realize that you don't literally put the < symbols
    Hopefully beejive does something to fix this little pain in the neck

05-21-10 07:21 AM
    I'm sorry, but I cannot figure out where the h*ll to go to register for a new jabber account. Everything I look up regarding jabber and new accounts just comes up with tutorials or just a bunch of BS.
    05-21-10 10:22 AM
    Ok so I don't have the < > symbols on my blackberry menu. are these needed to log into the jabber account through facebook on beejive im? I have the Blackberry Curve 8330 and it doesn't give me those symbols as an option, any other ways around that or is it necessary to have those symbols?
    You don't need those symbols. Login to FB on a PC and under Account, Settings (in the upper right corner) you should see your username. On your BB type your username in the directions given at the beginning of this post. Good luck!
    05-21-10 12:15 PM
    Thank you!! This was irking the **** out of me!

PS - I think it needs to be clarified, when you go to "add account", Open the drop down menu (network (select one)), and scroll down to Jabber, and then follow the instructions above.... this is where I had my confusion. Never even heard of a Jabber account so I was still trying to log in under Facebook IM.
    05-21-10 12:17 PM
    Thank you!! This was irking the **** out of me!

PS - I think it needs to be clarified, when you go to "add account", Open the drop down menu (network (select one)), and scroll down to Jabber, and then follow the instructions above.... this is where I had my confusion. Never even heard of a Jabber account so I was still trying to log in under Facebook IM.
    Thanks! I was making the mistake of adding the info to the Facebook option, and not Jabber.
    08-01-10 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD