Hey guys so currently I cannot upgrade until febuary of 2011. My mother and sister are switching to verizon come this July. If I add them to my account and change from the lowest individual plan ( the 39.99 one) to the unlimited talk and text family plan with one additional line will verizon let me upgrade my device?
    05-19-10 06:36 PM
    No VZW reps have an answer for me? And to be clear I am looking to just get the upgrade pricing on a device not a free one. I figure they will give me that easily considering everything I am offering to give them.
    05-19-10 10:31 PM
    Are you adding a line for yourself? Because there is no such promotion that you change your plan and they give you upgrades. You either qualify for one or get a new line to add one or pay full retail!
    05-19-10 11:32 PM
    Well I would be adding a third line to the family plan and putting myself on that w my mom and sister. So I'm changing to a much higher plan, adding two new contracts and re-signing one for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 06:52 AM
    So you can get two new phones since you're adding two new lines.

05-20-10 09:14 AM
    Well I would be adding a third line to the family plan and putting myself on that w my mom and sister. So I'm changing to a much higher plan, adding two new contracts and re-signing one for me.

How are you re-signing a contract if you can not upgrade until 02/11? Because changing your plan does not extend or change your contact.
    05-20-10 11:14 AM
    No VZW reps have an answer for me? And to be clear I am looking to just get the upgrade pricing on a device not a free one. I figure they will give me that easily considering everything I am offering to give them.
    I'm not a rep but what exactly is "everything I am offering to give them" ?
    05-20-10 11:44 AM
    Ok maybe I did not explain it correctly.

I currently have an individual plan of 39.99. I am going to go to VZW store and ask them if I add two new lines with the unlimited text and talk family plan along with an additional line on the plan to incorporate me, will they let me upgrade my device with the subsidy. I am bringing two new contracts, I'll resign mine, and going from spending $70 a month to atleast $230. So I am thinking they will not have a problem giving me a discount on the device when they will end up getting much more money a month in return. My mom and sister don't need to change to Verizon I can just get them to if Verizon will help me out.
    05-20-10 02:50 PM
    Ok maybe I did not explain it correctly.

I currently have an individual plan of 39.99. I am going to go to VZW store and ask them if I add two new lines with the unlimited text and talk family plan along with an additional line on the plan to incorporate me, will they let me upgrade my device with the subsidy. I am bringing two new contracts, I'll resign mine, and going from spending $70 a month to atleast $230. So I am thinking they will not have a problem giving me a discount on the device when they will end up getting much more money a month in return. My mom and sister don't need to change to Verizon I can just get them to if Verizon will help me out.
    Once you are on the family plan, you'll qualify for the Annual Upgrade program. You can upgrade 12 months after your last discounted phone and being on a qualifying plan for 3 months.

That's really all there is to it.

05-20-10 03:27 PM
    Once you are on the family plan, you'll qualify for the Annual Upgrade program. You can upgrade 12 months after your last discounted phone and being on a qualifying plan for 3 months.

That's really all there is to it.

Oh ok I see. Is there any way try would just let me upgrade right away when we sign up for the new plan?
    05-20-10 04:24 PM
    I you cannot tell I'm desperate to dump my storm1
    05-20-10 04:28 PM
    Again, no. If you are not eligible until 02/11 you will not get a phone at a discounted price. You can get a new phone at full retail price any time.

05-20-10 08:04 PM
    Again, no. If you are not eligible until 02/11 you will not get a phone at a discounted price. You can get a new phone at full retail price any time.

Well based on the info above I will just have to wait until three months after we change to the new plan so I won't have to wait until 2/11 or pay full retail but thanks for the info.
    05-21-10 07:35 AM
    You could see if you can sell your phone and maybe buy a new phone outright, or see if maybe one of your other people joining your account are gonna want it?
    05-21-10 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD