I cannot find how to remove BB messenger, is it possible?
    05-19-10 04:37 PM
    Options> Applications> Select "Add On" from the drop down list at the top. Then highlight BBM> Hit menu button> Select delete
    05-19-10 04:42 PM
    BBM is listed under Core on the 9700 Bold, is it different on the Storm? Just curious.

To the OP, you can also remove it via DM ....... Given it is a core app, I'd use the DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 05:37 PM
    I seem to remember it always being in Add On, but I could be wrong. I've been running a beta version of BBM for a while now, so that might make a difference.
    05-19-10 05:41 PM
    I cannot find how to remove BB messenger, is it possible?
    I saw someone else have this issue on 607. Go and download another version and then the option will be there to delete it
    05-19-10 07:46 PM
    Download bbm in appworld, then it is able to be deleted as an add on if you are running .607

05-19-10 07:58 PM
    Why would you want to do such a thing! Ahhhhh! lol
    05-19-10 08:31 PM
    That's just crazy talk
    05-19-10 08:45 PM
    Download bbm in appworld, then it is able to be deleted as an add on if you are running .607

In 607 Messenger is a core app. I did the appworld suggestion, which worked, but now DM wants to add it in again as a core app. So either I allow it to add messenger or risk missing an update by canceling.

This is dumb. I don't use and never plan to use BBM but I'm stuck with it...
    06-01-10 11:25 AM
    That's just crazy talk
    LOL! I'm always curious why someone would want a BB phone, yet NOT want to use BBM. I wish everyone I knew had a BB so I wouldn't have to pay for/use SMS...
    06-01-10 11:29 AM
    In 607 Messenger is a core app. I did the appworld suggestion, which worked, but now DM wants to add it in again as a core app. So either I allow it to add messenger or risk missing an update by canceling.

This is dumb. I don't use and never plan to use BBM but I'm stuck with it...
    Skip the update in DM. It's a known issue with DM prompting to do updates and it also prompts you to do one if you delete any core files.. You'll know on here when there is a valid update before DM has it.
    06-01-10 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD