Hi All

I am posting to you on behalf of a friend that is having issues after the TMobile upgrade, .330 > .586 (don't quote me on the exact OS)

After upgrading:
    -He is missing applications such as memopad, brickbreaker, password keeper, etc.
    -All contacts were duplicated, he went through and deleted each duplicate (poor soul!), and then they reappeared 10 minutes later

Any ideas?
    05-19-10 03:29 PM
    Not sure about the contact problem. I've heard of it happening to other people but hasnt happened to me once.

Those apps you're talking about are most likely in another folder. Try looking in app folder, downloads, games etc... They're there somewhere assuming he installed them with the update.
    05-19-10 03:41 PM
    Hi All

I am posting to you on behalf of a friend that is having issues after the TMobile upgrade, .330 > .586 (don't quote me on the exact OS)

After upgrading:
    -He is missing applications such as memopad, brickbreaker, password keeper, etc.
    -All contacts were duplicated, he went through and deleted each duplicate (poor soul!), and then they reappeared 10 minutes later

Any ideas?
    First, to get MemoPad and other Apps that are part of the OS... connect your device and do NOT start DM, then go to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader folder and start the Loader.exe... the list of apps will come up and you can just check the ones you want to add... it's the only way to get them back.

Second, the upgrade process will make a backup file... search for one with the date you did the upgrade... it will be something like: LoaderBackup-(2010-05-19).ipd

After you make sure you have a backup file, you can connect your device and start DM > App Loader > Advanced > select the Contacts database, then push the Clear button... then load the backup file on the left side of the screen, select the Contacts database and restore just the Contacts database.
    05-19-10 03:46 PM
    Fatboy's suggestions are correct, but you might want to try a couple other quick things first.

As Pi Guy suggested, the "missing" apps might be in a different spot.

To confirm whether or not they really are missing, go to the Options app and select Applications. It takes a few secs for the list to populate. After it's loaded, scroll up to the top and change it from Third Party to Add-On. In the Add-On list, do you see BrickBreaker, Memopad, and whatever else? If so, they ARE on the device somewhere. Check the Games, Applications, Setup, and Downloads folders.

Re the duplicate issue, many users have reported duplicate Messages, Contacts, and/or Calendar entries after loading a fresh OS.
    This is most often remedied by a battery pull reboot, or maybe a second if the first doesn't resolve it.

Does your friend use Google Sync? These problems are usually reported by gmail users.

If those fixes don't work, go to fatboy97's troubleshooting tips.

Good luck and let us know!
    05-19-10 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD