Whats up Crack Berry world i have an issue i need a little help with? My 8350i has a problem with my USB , charger port. I have to move it to a certain position for it to charge its driven me crazy but i don't want to lose my data! will it be under factory warranty if i had the phone less then a year or is there a place i can take it to and get fix it @ in and around NY/Newark NJ. If so i will appreciate it Thanks and Crack Berry World hope i get a reply asap! God Bless
    05-19-10 09:06 AM
    Should be under warranty; depends on your carrier. If not I have bad news. The port for my 8820 was doing the same thing but wasn't under waranty. It would have costed me $180 to repair by sending it in to the carrier or get a refurbished one for $250...so I just got a new phone. Good luck!!
    05-19-10 09:46 AM
    I just had one repaired in Raleigh, NC. I googled cell phone repair, and called to find out the cost and time. The cost was $50.00 and it was done in about an hour. If you can, try to jiggle the USB around so that you can back up your data. You should also see if you can do it over Bluetooth with desktop manager. You can also synch your contacts OTA with Google Synch, or MIQ. I also bought a charging cradle for $6.00 off Amazon so that I don't have to use the USB port for charging. Incidentally the repair was done with any loss of data, but backup just to be sure.
    Last edited by hightack; 05-19-10 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Additional info.
    05-19-10 09:48 AM
    I just had one repaired in Raleigh, NC. I googled cell phone repair, and called to find out the cost and time. The cost was $50.00 and it was done in about an hour. If you can, try to jiggle the USB around so that you can back up your data. You should also see if you can do it over Bluetooth with desktop manager. You can also synch your contacts OTA with Google Synch, or MIQ. I also bought a charging cradle for $6.00 off Amazon so that I don't have to use the USB port for charging. Incidentally the repair was done with any loss of data, but backup just to be sure.
    Ahh so there is a dock for the 8350i!?! I kinda am having the same issue but its not that bad. It works a lot of times the first try. If I get a dock I would only have to worry about usb...good news

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 12:08 PM
    Ahh so there is a dock for the 8350i!?! I kinda am having the same issue but its not that bad. It works a lot of times the first try. If I get a dock I would only have to worry about usb...good news
    Bought mine from an ebay dealer. Has an extra charging slot for a spare battery. Uses the same USB jack for power as the phone so you can hook it up to the computer through the cradle for data transfers and/or charging.
    05-19-10 12:26 PM
    I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this, but I saw this post and wanted to chime in on a cheap solution. I run an mail in repair shop through my ebay listings and have many customers send in their 8350i phone to me for the replacement of their charge/sync port. We charge $38.95 and pay for return shipping. So for 38.95 + the cost to ship us the phone your port will be fixed like new. I keep my prices much lower than other shops and have great feedback from the repairs if you check the page. Here is a link to our 8350i repair listing. We have listings for most all blackberry model phones...Take a look if you are interested. Feel free to send me a pm message on here.

Just paste this item number into an ebay search and it will bring up our 8350i listings: 260520817175
    05-25-10 09:28 PM
    I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this, but I saw this post and wanted to chime in on a cheap solution. I run an mail in repair shop through my ebay listings and have many customers send in their 8350i phone to me for the replacement of their charge/sync port. We charge $38.95 and pay for return shipping. So for 38.95 + the cost to ship us the phone your port will be fixed like new. I keep my prices much lower than other shops and have great feedback from the repairs if you check the page. Here is a link to our 8350i repair listing. We have listings for most all blackberry model phones...Take a look if you are interested. Feel free to send me a pm message on here.

Just paste this item number into an ebay search and it will bring up our 8350i listings: 260520817175
    So if its like new will it still be broken?? Mine was screwed up from the get go...I actually fooled around with port so much that part of the plastic in the port broke off.

Now its works GREAT! Lol kinda crazy that a new one is crap just break it to make it work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD