looking for some honest reviews, not fanboy type rants. I have the storm 2 which I love, but wish it had a few more apps, I have the moto droid which is the worst phone ever. You carry it around and things pop up on the screen, the key board always slides out when your trying to talk on the phone, feels odd to hold..my droid is in my desk drawer, deactivated...

looking for something as comfortable to hold as the storm2 and when you carry it stuff is not popping up on the screen.
    05-19-10 02:38 AM
    I've been using the incredible since release day. I came from a blackberry 8900. I've never used any of the storms before. I love this phone. I'm not sure what you mean by stuff popping up on screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 03:47 AM
    I came from a Storm2 9550 as well. I loved my storm but the 8 minute reboots and slow and limited internet left me looking for an alternative. When I walked into Verizon I was like "its not a bb" It took me about 2 days to rid my BB habits (I kept trying to click/push the screen) but the built in Gmail and calendar integration...superfast internet and large app space has really impressed me. In short I LOVE IT...I think you will too...

BTW the camera is awesome too at 8 MP
    05-19-10 06:53 AM
    its a great phone but the battery is horrid if you use your phone alot. Switched back to Moto droid and its perfect but i would test them both out before buying.
    05-19-10 09:03 AM
    I was a storm 1 owner (day 1), then I got vzw to give me a tour instead because the storm 1 was such a pos. My upgrade came up and I got the incredible. I will never go back to blackberry. It's like night and day difference in speed, reliability, and quality. My only complaint is the battery life out of the box...which does improve but still unacceptable.
    05-19-10 11:19 AM
    i was a 8330 user for the past 2 years and i loved it when i got it and once the new phones started coming out i realized how much the blackberry is limited.
    i picked up my incredible on release day and so far i love it

things i dont like would be
    gmail is only push
    battery is terrible

things i like over blackberry
    screen size
    internet browser is awsome and flash on the way
    tons of cool apps
    typings i fairly easy takes a few to get used to also
    05-19-10 11:31 AM
    I was a storm 1 owner (day 1), then I got vzw to give me a tour instead because the storm 1 was such a pos. My upgrade came up and I got the incredible. I will never go back to blackberry. It's like night and day difference in speed, reliability, and quality. My only complaint is the battery life out of the box...which does improve but still unacceptable.

I'd write a respond, but this is exactly what I would have said. Storm 1 to Incredible. I don't think I'll ever go back to a BB.
    05-19-10 11:36 AM
    I'm not sure what the OP means by stuff "popping up on the screen", but the Incredible is definitely a better alternative than the Moto Droid in almost every aspect. The only downside is battery life, but Seido already offers an extended battery that fits perfectly. Just go to a VZW store and try it out.
    05-19-10 01:46 PM
    I have the moto droid which is the worst phone ever. You carry it around and things pop up on the screen, the key board always slides out when your trying to talk on the phone, feels odd to hold..
    I have the exact opposite experience with the Moto Droid, no issues, runs great, nothing ever "pops up", keyboard is rock solid, sounds like you got a lemon
    05-19-10 01:59 PM
    looking for some honest reviews, not fanboy type rants. I have the storm 2 which I love, but wish it had a few more apps, I have the moto droid which is the worst phone ever. You carry it around and things pop up on the screen, the key board always slides out when your trying to talk on the phone, feels odd to hold..my droid is in my desk drawer, deactivated...

looking for something as comfortable to hold as the storm2 and when you carry it stuff is not popping up on the screen.

Are you sure it's the Droid or are you physically challenged (or maybe you have a defective device?)? Nothing pops up on my screen besides the things I want. The keyboard NEVER slides open when I am trying to talk the the phone. It does NOT feel odd to hold, unless your hands are the size of a child's.
    05-19-10 02:06 PM
    Has anyone experienced the frequent reboot issue that I've heard about? It seems to be limited to a very small number of customers, but who knows.
    05-19-10 02:18 PM
    I'd write a respond, but this is exactly what I would have said. Storm 1 to Incredible. I don't think I'll ever go back to a BB.
    Same exact story here! Storm1 (liked it but too little app space & keyboard didn't respond in the rain or high humidity) moved on to the Tour (NO issues at all with the device, really liked it) but now the Incredible has given me a whole new perspective on how a phone should function.

This thing is fantastic!!
    05-19-10 03:00 PM
    went from storm1 (got it after it was out for about a month) to incredible on release day. here are my findings, and considering these two are the only 2 smart phones I have ever owned i think I can give you a pretty good run down of the pros and cons...

PROS:

apps: not even a comparison, incredible wins.

internet: again incredible wins big big big time. speed is unreal

navigation around the phone: took a week or two, but the personalization and options on the incredible are insane. I only have 4 homescreens filled up.

Tethering: I am not sure if my old storm could even do this. I downloaded easy tether and get wireless internet through my phone. this is awesome. I paid a 9 dollar one time fee, and have been using it for 2 and a half weeks moderately at work and Im not even up to 25 percent of my monthly data allowance

CONS

screen: this is the kicker. the incredible screen is nearly impossible to see in the sunlight. i hear there is a screen protector coming out for it, but as of now the phone is useless outdoors on a normal to sunny day.

battery: storm1 wins, but i havent gotten the extended battery yet.

bberry messenger: I miss it, but to be honest, it was getting very annoying and old.

my two-cents: As of now bberry doesnt seem like they are coming out with anything special for at least a year and a half. I get upgrades every year, so i figured the time was right to try something new. I think I will give bberry a shot somewhere down the line, but as of now I love the incredible.

one more thing: I am sure you were used to alot of people turning their heads and asking you about your storm when you first got it. And people were pretty amazed with it, but that eventually wore off, and once people touched it they were like "ehh, nothing special" The incredible is totally different. no one knows what you are holding. and when you tell them its the newest sh*t on the market they laugh, but then when you show them some of the stuff it can do, they are amazed.

GO WITH THE INCREDIBLE
    05-19-10 08:26 PM
    its not a lemon, everyone I know who has one does it... hold it in your hand then move or shake your hand then look at your screen..its just a crappy designed phone, if you use it as a phone and not just to look at yourtube and facebook

I have the exact opposite experience with the Moto Droid, no issues, runs great, nothing ever "pops up", keyboard is rock solid, sounds like you got a lemon
    05-19-10 09:13 PM
    alot of people think HTC's are not very good or are cheaper built, any of this in the incredible?
    05-19-10 09:14 PM
    physically challenged? Lke I said, no fan boy non-sense, I am interested in knowing about something and not your opinion of the droid, I already have mine about it.

Why is it hard for fanboys to mind their own..jeesh

Are you sure it's the Droid or are you physically challenged (or maybe you have a defective device?)? Nothing pops up on my screen besides the things I want. The keyboard NEVER slides open when I am trying to talk the the phone. It does NOT feel odd to hold, unless your hands are the size of a child's.
    05-19-10 09:24 PM
    its not a lemon, everyone I know who has one does it... hold it in your hand then move or shake your hand then look at your screen..its just a crappy designed phone, if you use it as a phone and not just to look at yourtube and facebook
    I've had my Droid for months and haven't experienced any of the issues you're having with yours. You might have a defective unit or something.

alot of people think HTC's are not very good or are cheaper built, any of this in the incredible?
    The Incredible is a cheaply built phone so if you want a device that feels like a featherweight McDonald's happy meal toy then the Incredible is your phone. Not really dissing it because it's still a great phone but I prefer the original Droid.
    05-19-10 09:28 PM
    The build quality doesn't seem to be any issue to me although I have mine in a rubbery case.

It reminds me of when I put that little piece of paper under my Storm 1's battery and then covered it with an Otterbox case.
    05-19-10 09:32 PM
    Wow, I won't bash either phone as I have both..........
    I love the S-2 for Stability in Battery, use as a phone and email.
    If you want the extras, go htc inc.
    My work phone is the Storm 2, my Family phone is the htc inc and it rocks.
    But, call quality for me isn't the best! some calls are great. Others stink!
    Just my op. But they both work and work very well at what they do. You have to choose the format. I think the HTC Inc will be VZ's Apple!
    Just my op.
    Thanks for letting me share!
    05-20-10 12:11 PM
    physically challenged? Lke I said, no fan boy non-sense, I am interested in knowing about something and not your opinion of the droid, I already have mine about it.

Why is it hard for fanboys to mind their own..jeesh
    I'm not a fanboy, sorry. You are making remarks on a phone that I own, and have had since a month after release as well as many others on here, and are making claims that I have never heard of (besides the odd feeling).

I do not care about your opinion. The only part of your opinion in that post was that you think the Droid is horrible. The rest of your post is technical.

I'm sorry, but it is USER ERROR if you have things randomly popping up on your screen, or you have a lemon. The device just DOESN'T do that when it wants to. If it did, I'm pretty sure the Droid would have barely any users, or you would see thread titles on this forums with those complains.

Your keyboard is either loose or your hand is opening up the slider when you are on a phone call. One again, the device DOESN'T do that on its own. Your hardware is probably faulty.

And finally, you must have small hands. Everyone I know who owns a Droid (Men, you know, the target audience of the VZW commercials), have no problems holding the Droid and it does not feel odd to them. The only time I have heard those complaints it when the phone is being used by a woman or a teen/child.

I love how people jump to fanboy remarks when someone questions them on there experience. Especially when those problems are probably your fault or you have a faulty device.

And yes, I will still ask the question, are you physically challenged? Dealing with phones can be really hard...
    05-20-10 12:37 PM
    i actually made the dumbest mistake in my cellphone career by selling back my droid to go back to the storm SMH. but now i think im going to go pick up a incredible by july
    05-20-10 01:56 PM
    your problem is you are trying to jack my thread with something I had no interest in. If I had any interest in your opinion of the droid I would have asked. This is not about the droid, so ya, it makes you a fan boy when you get upset over someone elses opinion of something you use. WHo cares if I don't like it, its a damn phone!!!!
    either stay on topic or find someone interested in how you feel about your phone.
    this is about the incredible, I dont like the droid, who cares, its a damn phone, its up to me to find one I like, not you to tell me what YOU think I should think. jeesh...we need a new forum called fan boys gone rogue, then the droid fan boys, berry fan boys can go at it..and maybe toss in those iphone fan boys just for some real excitement.

I'm not a fanboy, sorry. You are making remarks on a phone that I own, and have had since a month after release as well as many others on here, and are making claims that I have never heard of (besides the odd feeling).

I do not care about your opinion. The only part of your opinion in that post was that you think the Droid is horrible. The rest of your post is technical.

I'm sorry, but it is USER ERROR if you have things randomly popping up on your screen, or you have a lemon. The device just DOESN'T do that when it wants to. If it did, I'm pretty sure the Droid would have barely any users, or you would see thread titles on this forums with those complains.

Your keyboard is either loose or your hand is opening up the slider when you are on a phone call. One again, the device DOESN'T do that on its own. Your hardware is probably faulty.

And finally, you must have small hands. Everyone I know who owns a Droid (Men, you know, the target audience of the VZW commercials), have no problems holding the Droid and it does not feel odd to them. The only time I have heard those complaints it when the phone is being used by a woman or a teen/child.

I love how people jump to fanboy remarks when someone questions them on there experience. Especially when those problems are probably your fault or you have a faulty device.

And yes, I will still ask the question, are you physically challenged? Dealing with phones can be really hard...
    05-20-10 10:32 PM
    after an above poster said it feels cheap made I am gonan have to go look one one to see if it feels cheap or just lighter weight but still durable. I have dropped my storm2 and swore it was gonna be broke...but nothing at all was wrong with it

i actually made the dumbest mistake in my cellphone career by selling back my droid to go back to the storm SMH. but now i think im going to go pick up a incredible by july
    05-20-10 10:35 PM
    I don't think the DI feels cheaply made at ALL. Very solid feeling phone. No doubt the battery life is a negative but that's common knowledge at this point. Other minor cons are that there's no LED flashlight ability and no way to use the trackpad button to turn it on/off so you have to use the little button on the top of the phone for wake/sleep. Not a huge deal and both will probably be dealt with upon root.

Compared to BB, the notifications are subpar. I often miss the large blinking LED. All push email is a BB staple so if you use Gmail it helps a great deal, otherwise you can set updates on other accounts (POP, etc) to update very frequently to where it's close BUT you're spending battery life in the process.

Apps are pretty much endless but there I think a lot of the issues people have with force close and other conflicts are mostly software conflicts which is the only downside to the open platform. Just have to use some wisdom when selecting apps. The apps that conflict the most are ones that use notifications for various purposes. You have one app trying to do one thing to notify and another trying to do the opposite so what you end up having to do is completely disabling one of them and let the other one do all the work, etc.

Just takes time to get used to the androidisms but at the end of the day, and I say this being a lover of BB, there's really no competition. BB has awesome notifications and killer push mail as well as an overall more stable platform but unless you're all business all the time, android is light years ahead in so many ways.

There ya go. No fan boy, just an honest account from somebody who's used and likes features of both. Take it or leave it.

Iowabowtech
    05-21-10 12:05 AM
    after an above poster said it feels cheap made I am gonan have to go look one one to see if it feels cheap or just lighter weight but still durable. I have dropped my storm2 and swore it was gonna be broke...but nothing at all was wrong with it
    after playing around with the phone, it doesn't feel cheap anymore. its way better than the phone i currently have so im going to just live with the battery issues about the phone.
    05-21-10 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD