Crackberry heads, need to pick ur brains,

I'm running the 5.0.0.593 OS on my bold now, but every time i update the phone, my app world goes missing, cant find it anywhere hidden or not, its shows that its installed in applications. I have to delete and reinstall app world. to get back the icon, also some of my home screen icons sometimes shifts around.

Anyone have any idea whats going on.....
    05-18-10 09:38 AM
    Help! I have a problem related to updating as well.

I upgraded to .656 but there was some kind of fatal error which stopped it restoring correctly. When the BB started up again, I had .656, but it had nothing on it and all data was wiped.

Of course, I had made a back-up, so I thought that it would not be a problem. However, when I restored the data from the back-up, all the applications were gone...Mailminder, Google, Wunder Radio, Opera, Quicklaunch...did I do something wrong with the restore? I can reinstall the apps, but all the info is lost, such as Mailminder rules etc....

Any help much appreciated. All previous OS upgrades had gone without a hitch...
    05-18-10 11:08 AM
    @NozGT: Same thing happens for me too! No resolution on that...

@Gentleman2: Backups never care over your 3rd party apps. ONLY data! You have to re-download all apps and install them, then restore the data of any of the apps carried any.. The way I upgrade my OS and it never fails me, I use the App Loader within the OS when I install it on my PC. Here is where the "Loader.exe" file can be found (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader).
    Last edited by IMTHTG; 05-18-10 at 11:49 AM.
    05-18-10 11:47 AM
    You can backup your 3rd party apps using bbsak
    05-18-10 11:51 AM
    You can backup your 3rd party apps using bbsak
    I agree, but if you use Loader.exe within the OS folder, it backs them up and reinstalls them too!!
    05-18-10 11:53 AM
    That'll be the difference this time, then (apart from the crash). In the past I have always used Apploader, and this time I used Desktop Manager.

It'll be Apploader from now on, then.

Many thanks.
    05-18-10 12:16 PM
    That'll be the difference this time, then (apart from the crash). In the past I have always used Apploader, and this time I used Desktop Manager.

It'll be Apploader from now on, then.

Many thanks.
    No Problem at all! Glad to be of some assistance.......
    05-18-10 12:30 PM
    thanks for all input
    05-18-10 08:58 PM
    I upgraded from .586 to .656 just yesterday and used the app loader instead of desktop manager, and it backed up everything including my 3rd party apps and did the upgrade and re-installed everything perfectly in literally 20 minutes!
    05-18-10 09:18 PM
    i had similar issue with appworld.. this time when i uped to 656 i wiped it clean and picked all the items i wanted and it worked very well.

I only backup my mail/sms/recent phone and such... cal/contacts/tasks/notes get synced and i install my apps from scratch.
    05-18-10 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD