05-18-10 08:26 AM
    Good article.
    05-18-10 08:56 AM
    It seemed to me that this person was trying her damnedest not to give the incredible credit.... after every prop was a negative, and never really showed why it blows the Iphone out of the water.... Apple has some catching up to do and once again the "mass" media is behind the wrong horse....
    05-18-10 09:43 AM
    looks like a fair review from a iphone user. the incredible is a great alternative to the iphone especially when you consider form factor. the android interface can be menu intensive for users who are used to the iphone's simplicity.

i'm still amazed at how many iphone users and att customers complain (and put up with) about their 3g service and coverage. their subscriber base would be so much larger if they could resolve the issue.
    05-18-10 09:50 AM
    However, the Incredible's Sense interface, which gives users the seven different customizable screens based on themes like work and travel, felt too busy and not nearly as intuitive as my iPhone. The graphics were bright and beautiful, but I often found myself overwhelmed by the options for widgets and folders, and didn't necessarily think that so much customization was helpful.
    This author is a techno-simpleton; definitely not a power user. Doesn't like customization? Overwhelmed by options? She's needs to go back to her beloved iPhone.

Later in the article, she bemoans not being able to use iTunes, when it's iTunes everyone wants to get away from. What a freaking neophyte.

She shouldn't be writing tech reviews. She's not qualified.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 10:01 AM
    interesting read.
    05-18-10 10:22 AM
    This author is a techno-simpleton; definitely not a power user. Doesn't like customization? Overwhelmed by options? She's needs to go back to her beloved iPhone.

Later in the article, she bemoans not being able to use iTunes, when it's iTunes everyone wants to get away from. What a freaking neophyte.

She shouldn't be writing tech reviews. She's not qualified.

i think her pov is representative of most smart phone users though. they want the flexibility and power of a smart phone, but they also want it to be easy to use. at first the android phones can be intimidating to novice users, especially when coming from another platform. given a fair shake and time, it doesn't take too long to warm up to the android os and ui.
    05-18-10 10:35 AM
    i think her pov is representative of most smart phone users though. they want the flexibility and power of a smart phone, but they also want it to be easy to use. at first the android phones can be intimidating to novice users, especially when coming from another platform. given a fair shake and time, it doesn't take too long to warm up to the android os and ui.
    I agree that she represents the average smart phone user, but she bugs me, lol. She's getting paid to write a pseudo-review, but it's really more of a plug for VZW than it is the Incredible. The uninformed user will come away thinking, "Man, I sure can't wait until the iPhone hits VZW. That will be the best of both worlds. Easy smart phone; great coverage."

05-18-10 10:40 AM
    I agree that she represents the average smart phone user, but she bugs me, lol. She's getting paid to write a pseudo-review, but it's really more of a plug for VZW than it is the Incredible. The uninformed user will come away thinking, "Man, I sure can't wait until the iPhone hits VZW. That will be the best of both worlds. Easy smart phone; great coverage."

you're right about that. it does come off as if she's saying the incredible is the best iphone alternative on vzw.
    05-18-10 12:29 PM
    In the article she explains that the incredibles browser wins, the coverage wins, the call quality wins, the camera wins, the screen wins... and it only gives the iphone a run for its money? Jesus.
    05-18-10 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD