I'm no beginner when it comes to updating BB O.S but I got stunned here a bit.

Using BBSAK I wiped the device and then tried to Load OS > it failed to communicated with my device as it was stuck on that screen and green bar not moving anywhere.

So I cancelled and tried loading the OS again this time it gave me a error connecting to "boot ROM"

so I unplugged BB and restarted the computer, now the Windows 7 is not recognizing USB or not detecting it.

i tried common files > rim > loader.exe but it won't recognize PIN, there is no OS on BB

any help would be great, thanks!!
    05-17-10 10:00 PM
    You might also give the "nuked BB" proc a go from over in the betaOS or how to sections of the forums. Dumb question but is your PC seeing other USB devices off the same port? It's not a hub but straight connection to the motherboard correct? Sure all the power settings are set to max so Win7 does not shut them down to conserve power? Some updates may re-enable that...

Also try killing off all the BB tasks via teh Task Manager on your PC. For me that usually is fixed with a reboot bu sometimes the do hang USB ports.
    05-17-10 10:30 PM
    You might also give the "nuked BB" proc a go from over in the betaOS or how to sections of the forums. Dumb question but is your PC seeing other USB devices off the same port? It's not a hub but straight connection to the motherboard correct? Sure all the power settings are set to max so Win7 does not shut them down to conserve power? Some updates may re-enable that...

Also try killing off all the BB tasks via teh Task Manager on your PC. For me that usually is fixed with a reboot bu sometimes the do hang USB ports.

I just connected my IPHONE and the USB was recognizes (opened Itunes automatically)

I just don't think the BB is getting recognized because there is no OS on it, so I'm missing all the USB drivers that have to be recognizes, every time I plug it in it Desktop Manager won't pick up my 9700 PIN - USB Not Detectable msg pops up.

I tried restarting the comp and then plugging it in and still nothing..

this is the msg "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

USB NOT RECOGNIZED - message pops up when I plug in the bb
    Last edited by Boy-1da; 05-17-10 at 11:43 PM.
    05-17-10 11:36 PM
    In my experience in loading an OS many many times - the BB doesn't need an OS to be recognized by the computer. The only thing I can suggest is go through the nuked berry instructions and follow them to the tee.
    05-18-10 12:09 AM
    In my experience in loading an OS many many times - the BB doesn't need an OS to be recognized by the computer. The only thing I can suggest is go through the nuked berry instructions and follow them to the tee.

It worked when I was following Nuked OS steps until the part where I put my battery back in when its "Loading JVM" (1st step)

once it gets to Waiting to Initialize the battery in the BB tries to load up the device, windows says at that time USB Device Not Recognized, and it fails at that particular step and asks me to retry
    05-18-10 12:02 PM
    @Boy_1da: I had this issue before and I only use this app that comes with the OS. Go to> C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and run the "Loader.exe" file and it will recognize your BB and install the OS back to your BB. It works everytime!!!
    05-18-10 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD