Ok, so I have followed the main thread on this forum regarding getting a Storm all set up to be used on AT&T. This included using the CrackUtil program and replacing the Daemon file. I did that and the browser works fine. The only thing not working is MMS. I have called AT&T to have them help me and they pretty much said they couldn't help. Lastly, I logged into my BIS account to resend the service books because I read that was a possible fix...and for some reason there is no option for me to resend the service books from my Blackberry BIS account. I am getting very frustrated and any help is appreciated.
    05-17-10 05:24 PM
    When you logged into your BIS account via a PC did you click "help?" It's in there. I hope this helps. Good luck.
    05-17-10 05:27 PM
    Thank you, I know know how to send the service books. I did this but my MMS is still not working.

Go Mets.
    05-17-10 09:36 PM
    Well I have solved my own problem! I have followed the guide attached below. Worked like a charm!
    05-17-10 10:02 PM
    Did the guide but I didnt get the promt to pop up for the Legacy. What did I do wrong? If I could only get my mms to work I would be satisfied. I love the Storm 9550 and I can live without the 3g thats not an issue for me but my MMS...thats an issue.....help??
    05-18-10 01:24 PM
    Yea I was thinking the same thing...I needed MMS but I was already using EDGE on my 8900 so the 3G wasn't much of an issue for me...as for your problem...

1. Click on Options > Advanced Options > Service Book (do not click or highlight anything else)

2. Press the Blackberry button and click "Show Keyboard"

3. Press and hold the "!?123" button for a few seconds until you see the lock symbol appear on the corner of the button

4. type 4?2? with no spaces

That should do it
    05-18-10 02:35 PM
    I have the exact same problem only worse i guess. ATT, unlocked 9550, no mms, and that guide didnt help. i went where that guide led me, held down the !?123 button, pressed 4?2? without spaces but nothing happened. I don't know if it makes a difference, but the first thing that's highlighted (automatically) in my service book tab isn't 'Sync Service book [SYNC]' i don't even have that :[
    HELP!
    05-18-10 03:24 PM
    same here GIBBER I have no sync sb either I looked thru all of them (which isnt many) I'm trying a reboot maybe that will help ??
    05-18-10 03:49 PM
    I have the exact same problem only worse i guess. ATT, unlocked 9550, no mms, and that guide didnt help. i went where that guide led me, held down the !?123 button, pressed 4?2? without spaces but nothing happened. I don't know if it makes a difference, but the first thing that's highlighted (automatically) in my service book tab isn't 'Sync Service book [SYNC]' i don't even have that :[
    HELP!
    And you both followed that guide to the T?

it worked for me but the only problem I'm having is that everytime I do a battery pull on my phone I have to complete all these steps over again which is pretty annoying...however it works so I can't complain.

Let me know what you guys try to do and if anything works for you.
    05-18-10 04:46 PM
    I am very happy that you (apalm8) got your mms fixed..I've done everything to a T and when I input the code nothing "pops up" at all I'm not sure why but after all of my searching I remember reading somewhere about some codes you can input and nothing "pops up" but I'm just not sure where I read it..lol..sux to I've read and tried so many things & have crashed my storm twice now but I have learned alot too in the process so the more I try the more I learn..I will keep trying and hopefully it will work...your post is the first that actually looks as tho it will work...I may just donate to where you found that and see if someone there can help also...thank you apalm8 for your info!!
    05-18-10 05:14 PM
    got it to work....THANK YOU SO MUCH apalm8! I would have never found the site and I know this because I have been searching for over a week now.

Now Gibber..instead of holding down the !?123 button tap it once..so its "!?1234 !?123? !?1232 !?123?" (NO spaces or quotation marks) THEN we get the "pop up" and I just sent & received my FIRST MMS!!!
    "does the happy dance" YAY...its all thanx to apalm8 for posting the link that we needed...and a HUGE bigger thanx to Phil the creator of it!!...-veddy happy-
    05-18-10 07:23 PM
    ps...it all had to deal with what version OS we have installed..I have .607
    05-18-10 07:25 PM
    it worked for me but the only problem I'm having is that everytime I do a battery pull on my phone I have to complete all these steps over again which is pretty annoying...however it works so I can't complain.
    There kind of a work around for that. If you go into Service Book, highlight the MMS service book and hit Menu - Delete. Then reboot. Go back into Service Books and hit Menu - Restore, and it should come back. However this wont help if it does a random reboot or it locks up, or you forget to do it. lol

Try it and see if it works for you. I did not figure that out, i only read it here. It did work for me and the other person i tried to help out.
    05-18-10 08:44 PM
    got it to work....THANK YOU SO MUCH apalm8! I would have never found the site and I know this because I have been searching for over a week now.

Now Gibber..instead of holding down the !?123 button tap it once..so its "!?1234 !?123? !?1232 !?123?" (NO spaces or quotation marks) THEN we get the "pop up" and I just sent & received my FIRST MMS!!!
    "does the happy dance" YAY...its all thanx to apalm8 for posting the link that we needed...and a HUGE bigger thanx to Phil the creator of it!!...-veddy happy-
    yayy!! congrats on your new fully functional storm!

There kind of a work around for that. If you go into Service Book, highlight the MMS service book and hit Menu - Delete. Then reboot. Go back into Service Books and hit Menu - Restore, and it should come back. However this wont help if it does a random reboot or it locks up, or you forget to do it. lol

Try it and see if it works for you. I did not figure that out, i only read it here. It did work for me and the other person i tried to help out.
    Thanks for the tip...I will try this and report back how it goes.
    05-19-10 02:46 PM
    omg thank you so much. it helped me greatlyyy thank you =]
    05-27-10 02:52 PM
    yeah buddy just got mine to work thank you ur that man!!!!
    05-27-10 10:36 PM
    Hey, I put in that code and got the Legacy SB Restore Enable but I still can't compose/receive MMS. (Also, I don't have personal email, which really bothers meeeee)
    Looking for some help!
    06-06-10 09:58 AM
    the guide got everything rollin perfectly. thanks for the link
    06-11-10 10:17 AM
    Well I have solved my own problem! I have followed the guide attached below. Worked like a charm!
    hmm... I keep getting this error when I try to open the PDF.

Would you be able to post the instructions as a reply?
    06-16-10 07:31 PM
    @apalm8 Guide worked 98%
    @SweetKalena you suggestion of "!?1234 !?123? !?1232 !?123?" took the guide to 100%
    Thank you both
    07-20-10 10:08 PM
    Do you happen to have a solution for Tmobile, I have done everything and still have no mms... I tried your tutorial, but I assume the service book for tmobile must be different...
    07-24-10 03:31 AM
    "does the happy dance" YAY...its all thanx to apalm8 for posting the link that we needed...and a HUGE bigger thanx to Phil the creator of it!!...-veddy happy-[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm an ***** but I cant get it to work Looks simple but cant get my Storm to do it. Help
    07-24-10 01:49 PM
    same here! LOL.......I just might be a bleeping ***** as well, but I tried what SweetKalena suggested and mine still will not work. I used to have service with verizon and had it unlocked to work with my AT&T SIM and I can get all of the steps to work until I get to the "pop-up" anyone else got this figured out?
    07-26-10 11:09 AM
    Try entering the key sequence in landscape mode with the full keyboard. I finally enabled it today by accident on .713 which I didn't think was possible after reading other threads.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-10 07:01 AM
    Did the guide but I didnt get the promt to pop up for the Legacy. What did I do wrong? If I could only get my mms to work I would be satisfied. I love the Storm 9550 and I can live without the 3g thats not an issue for me but my MMS...thats an issue.....help??
    I did everything that is in the pdf a few days ago and everything worked except the 4?2? part. I tried and tried over and over and nothing happened when i did it. Then today I have been trying to get the wap browser to work and looking on cb for solutions and I tried the 4?2? again and it worked, just out of nowhere, I didn't do anything different, just went to options>adv settings> service books and typed 4?2? and the legacy enabled message came up but still now wap browser, the service books i installed were from berryology. Let me know if there are any differences in service books and if this is where the problem with wap browser?
    07-31-10 02:26 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD