who has the better deals for verizon phones? the actual vzw store or best buy? honest opions apprecited :]
    05-17-10 10:14 AM
    Best Buy almost always has better deals, but they don't have the same phone selection in store. Not sure what their online selection is like. Best Buy doesn't do mail in rebates also, they just give you the price as is. If it is $150 with a $50 mail in rebate, they just charge you $100.

If you are going to need the support setting up your phone, and all the stuff that goes with it, you may be better off at a Verizon Corporate store. If you are comfortable doing the stuff yourself, Best Buy might be a better option.

I have purchased from both, and would definitely go to Best Buy again.
    05-17-10 11:58 AM
    I would go to both and find out who has the best deal. It pays to shop for the best deal
    05-17-10 05:02 PM
    i always deal with a corporate store over best buy...yeah the phone is cheap but their customer service after you leave the store sucks big time. i've seen customers go back after a few days to best buy with problems with their phones and they'll blow them off for an hour or so before finally helping them and then tell them to come back in 4 hours cause they're busy even when the store is empty. IMO, to best buy you're just a number not a loyal customer. at least in corporate stores they usually treat their customers as if they're long time customers and will usually do their best to make you happy. best buy employees are only happy when your purchase gets them closer to their monthly bonuses.
    05-20-10 01:44 PM
    Best Buy does help set up your emails and everything else. They are really easy to work with and will definitely go back for my next upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 07:05 PM
    I always use verizon because my phones seem to break .. alot, I just call 611 and they ship me a new phone. I don't know how easy it is to deal with returns with Best buy.
    05-23-10 07:00 PM
    I go to a VZW store for all my purchases, assistance and tech support.
    05-23-10 09:02 PM
    Best buy is usually better. The issue with cust service is not widespread. Usually at just a few select stores that really don't have the best managment.

At my store we don't turn away customers if we are busy. We do have them have to wait, but never would we tell you to come back.

In all if you can find a store with good employees, I'd use it over vzw or tmo or whomever your provider is.
    We have exactly the same tools as the other stores do. Can look up accounts, do upgrades, etc.

05-23-10 09:15 PM
    Oh! And we are not on commisson. No sir-ee. Vzw employees are, but all bby employees are on no commission. The only bonus we get is every quarter and that's if and only if our store as a whole hits a certain % in NOP (net operating platform).

05-23-10 09:18 PM
    Best buy is usually better. The issue with cust service is not widespread. Usually at just a few select stores that really don't have the best managment.

At my store we don't turn away customers if we are busy. We do have them have to wait, but never would we tell you to come back.

In all if you can find a store with good employees, I'd use it over vzw or tmo or whomever your provider is.
    We have exactly the same tools as the other stores do. Can look up accounts, do upgrades, etc.

Oh! And we are not on commisson. No sir-ee. Vzw employees are, but all bby employees are on no commission. The only bonus we get is every quarter and that's if and only if our store as a whole hits a certain % in NOP (net operating platform).

Getting a Verizon/AT&T/Tmo or whatever at a Best Buy may be a good experience for some. The vast majority of people that do that though come into the corporate stores complaining that the 17 year old kid working at Best Buy didnt know what he was doing and offered 0 help. Anyone can ring out a customer, that doesnt mean it was a good experience because you know how to type things into a computer.

Best Buys and indirect agents are like buying from garage sales. Stick with the actual corporate stores and 9 times out of 10 you are going to have a positive experience and deal with someone that is knowledgable on the products that we sell. Corporate sales rep such as myself go through so many trainings just to make sure the customer is 100% satisfied.
    05-25-10 08:45 AM
    Best buy all the way man. they have really good customer service.
    05-26-10 09:52 PM
    Best Buy never advertises this but they will match other competitors prices on all items in the store. Just bring proof or have the web address of a lower price.
    05-26-10 09:58 PM
    who has the better deals for verizon phones? the actual vzw store or best buy? honest opions apprecited :]
    go to the VZW store. the only reason to go to BB, is if you just cant wait for the rebate to come.. if thats the case.. are you sure you should be spending that much on a phone?

so if you must go to BB to get one.. avoid the phones that are BB exclusives.. you will get the shaft from most carriers when it comes to service/repair/replacement.. and BB will not be much if any help after brief period of time of you owning it.

and how does a store hit the NOP? more sales.. so sales persons are driven to sell to get that NOP, to get that bonus, just because they dont get a weekly commission, but do get a bonus once a quarter means nothing.

ive heard some of the longest lines of BS come from BB employees as i stand there and shop, and listen to them talk to average joe or average joes wife just to get that sale.

and dont get me started on the swindle that is Geek Squad..

cheers
    05-27-10 01:26 AM
    If you already know exactly what you want then Best Buy hands down, they do all of the discounts instantly so you dont have to mail in any rebates or any of that garbage. If you still havent decided and you need some help than a Verizon store would be best.
    05-29-10 11:43 AM
    I went with Best Buy. Went through 4 Storm 1's and when they no longer carried the S1 they gave me a S2 to replace it. No questions asked (the phones died, not anything I did wrong or deceitful). I also spend the extra $1 over Verizon's (Asurion) insurance to insure my phone through Best Buy, because I can walk in with a dead phone, and in 20 minutes I'm walking out with a brand new box, not someone else's warranty disaster though Asurion.
    06-01-10 07:09 PM
    My Best Buy is awesome. Any problems, they fix me right up...no questions asked. Since my Incredible, I haven't had any problems...but I do have the insurance through Best Buy, Black Tie.

06-01-10 10:07 PM
    Go to both and talk to the sales people. Price difference is one factor, but see which place makes you feel more comfortable. I have had informed and uniformed people at both. I usually go to the corp vz store because they both are almost 80 miles away and if I have an issue vz just does a better job for me from afar. They can handle more issues or answer questions by phone which is not usually the case with Best Buy. I did have to laugh when an employee was hard selling the incredible to my hubby and his biggest selling point was that his own was rooted and actually running nexus 1. My hubby's Droid was less than 2 months old and way more phone than my hubby will ever need, not to mention he had no idea what "rooted" meant. lol Still I think employees ought to sell the phone for what it is and give you the pros and cons of each different phone, not tell you this one is better because it's not really the phone in his hand anyway.
    06-02-10 12:38 AM
    Go to both and talk to the sales people. Price difference is one factor, but see which place makes you feel more comfortable. I have had informed and uniformed people at both. I usually go to the corp vz store because they both are almost 80 miles away and if I have an issue vz just does a better job for me from afar. They can handle more issues or answer questions by phone which is not usually the case with Best Buy. I did have to laugh when an employee was hard selling the incredible to my hubby and his biggest selling point was that his own was rooted and actually running nexus 1. My hubby's Droid was less than 2 months old and way more phone than my hubby will ever need, not to mention he had no idea what "rooted" meant. lol Still I think employees ought to sell the phone for what it is and give you the pros and cons of each different phone, not tell you this one is better because it's not really the phone in his hand anyway.
    ^Couldn't agree more...to each his/her own. There are pros and cons to both places.
    06-02-10 02:34 PM
    I bought my Storm at Best Buy for fifty bucks when Verizon still wanted two hundred for it. I will always go with Best Buy to buy as long as the deal is better and I always go to the Verizon corporate stores for tech support.
    06-02-10 09:44 PM
    at my local vzw store, employees aren't very ... friendly. it's like it is an absolute hassle helping you out. so unless i absolutely had to i wouldnt go to them. although, i agree that they have better resources when it comes to resolving your problem.

so for upgrades or activations and i've already researched which phone i wanted... i'd go to Best Buy. In and out.

just my two cents
    06-03-10 12:20 AM
    I prefer using the Verizon website, they give you the discount at the time of the sale as well, not rebates online.

BKVic
    06-04-10 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD