OK. BB owners aka addicts, here is the deal: What are your choices for voice guided navigations? Android-Google/Nokia-Free Nav through ovi, Windows mobile/Iphone countless options-tomtom/navigon/route66/garmin/copilot/smartnav/telmap/wayfinder/alk just to name a few, my point: BB year after year stuck their device with BB maps? you gotta be kidding, I mean there are options, but they are very limited. Right now BB is behind the curve, and just watch mass exodus. One less customer here in few weeks!
    05-17-10 12:45 AM
    You can always get Telenav... or were you looking for free?
    05-17-10 12:51 AM
    You can always get Telenav... or were you looking for free?
    Free or nearly free/not an entitlement or free loader/we owed society, but with premium we pay for the device and service, it has to come with free voice navigation, i mean how can they be differnt from android phone with google enabled voice navigation or nokia with free ovi maps? and please don't suggest google maps or BB maps, as good as they are, last thing i want to do is gleen on tiny map, on strange roads/city-am more of listener if you will say, my point still stands- BB where's my "free" or nearly free voice navigation, nevermind!
    05-17-10 01:00 AM
    Garmin has a one time fee of $100.

But I'm assuming that isn't "near free" for you... so not sure what else can be offered. Good luck with your new phone/os of choice
    05-17-10 01:32 AM
    I use my Navman from Radio Shack for long trips but around town I use LifeInPocket on my BB and it's free. Have you tried it? Voice turn-by-turn free plus a great deal of other info such as cheap gas in the area all for free. Don't have the web address right off hand but a google search should get you there.
    05-17-10 07:35 AM
    After all, aren't we all buying our smartphones for the only purpose to get turn by turn directions? lol
    I'm amazed that people get so pissed of at RIM or any other companies for that matter just because there is one small feature that is missing. If there was such a thing as "the" perfect phone, there would be only one model in this world. Every one has pros and cons. Should have looked into it before buying it.
    Good luck with your new phone.
    05-23-10 04:54 PM
    LOL, thats what GPS's are for.
    05-23-10 06:44 PM
    After all, aren't we all buying our smartphones for the only purpose to get turn by turn directions? lol
    I'm amazed that people get so pissed of at RIM or any other companies for that matter just because there is one small feature that is missing. If there was such a thing as "the" perfect phone, there would be only one model in this world. Every one has pros and cons. Should have looked into it before buying it.
    Good luck with your new phone.
    Ameen. Blah blah.. & more blah.
    06-04-10 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD