Ok so i have seen around the fourm people talking about flashing or running cricket on there blackberry. I'm just wondering what the benefits of running cricket or flashing your blackberry are and what it is
    05-16-10 09:51 PM
    Cricket is a cellular provider.
    'Flashing' is the equivalent of unlocking a device, but it's only done for CDMA devices.
    05-16-10 10:05 PM
    Flashing a CDMA is rarely if ever needed. While you may be able to find the software, it is considered illegal by virtually every major carrier. There are no benefits that I am aware of.
    05-16-10 10:07 PM
    alright thank you both
    05-16-10 10:14 PM
    Ok so i have seen around the fourm people talking about flashing or running cricket on there blackberry. I'm just wondering what the benefits of running cricket or flashing your blackberry are and what it is
    Flashing is done so you can run a CDMA device on another CDMA carrier.
    05-20-10 12:02 AM
    Flashing a CDMA is rarely if ever needed. While you may be able to find the software, it is considered illegal by virtually every major carrier. There are no benefits that I am aware of.
    The benefit, is if you're given a phone or buy a cheap one off craigslist you can flash it then use it with whatever carrier you want.
    05-20-10 11:09 AM
    The benefit, is if you're given a phone or buy a cheap one off craigslist you can flash it then use it with whatever carrier you want.
    Uhhhmmmm....stupid follow up question then - how is it beneficial if all the major carriers won't allow the phone on their respective networks? I mean once you rule out Sprint and Verizon, where are you going to go? And that's assuming that you can get the software and instructions to do it. There are tons of stories out there of people buying a "cheap" phone only to find out they bought an "expensive" paperweight.
    05-23-10 11:23 AM
    Most fail to do the research beforehand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 11:29 AM
    Cricket does flaashing but from what I understand, BBs that are flashed to Cricket lose some of their functionality. (I think like BBM and stuff. I don't think they use BIS.) but I could be incorrect on that since I don't have cricket myself.

And for flashing to other carriers, I just thought they didn't do it because they don't want you to have a sprint branded phone on a verizon network. More for marketing reasons than anything else. (Plus I was always tol th phone just won't work as well on another carriers towers.)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

(also this just made me giggle: I see it says "posted from my crackberry" when, in fact, I typed this from my iPod touch. Lol)
    Last edited by a.leah86; 05-23-10 at 01:23 PM.
    05-23-10 01:21 PM
    how can I flash my sprint bb curve 8530 to cricket myself?
    05-31-10 11:14 PM
    how can I flash my sprint bb curve 8530 to cricket myself?
    Howardforums.com has some tutorials there.
    05-31-10 11:18 PM
    can you please tell me where exactly in Howardforums.com?? pleasee
    06-16-12 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD