Sprint has released the 9650 Bold and soon to be other providers. Anyone that's picking one up or once received in your hands post on up and give you initial impressions, pro's, con's. Pricing, etc.

Post up some pictures of you new devices and any other goodies you got as well!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 03:30 PM
    probably not going to be anyone until tuesday right?
    05-16-10 04:22 PM
    probably not going to be anyone until tuesday right?
    Has anyone confirmed that they will ship them out tomorrow?
    05-16-10 04:27 PM
    Not confirmed on paper but that's what the sales agent told me.

Does anyone know if the Otterbox Commuter case for the tour will fit the 9650? (Due to the moved power port)

05-16-10 04:52 PM
    Arriving between Tue and Thur
    05-16-10 04:53 PM
    I am getting incredibly impatient
    05-16-10 05:38 PM
    Just got off the phone and ordered two of them...one for me the other for my wife. I wanted two get three, another one for my daughter, but they would not give the third to me with all the discounts. She has only had her phone since October of last year. They did give me the discounts for my wife though...she was not supposed to get any discounts until Dec of this year. That was cool.

They said I will get the phones by May 20th. Does anyone know how the phones normally ship?

Funny thing, when I talked to the sales person on the phone they did not even know this phone was available yet. When it came up their sytem it was "Oh...there it is!"

BTW, ya i know it is another one of thoses posts, but I was in a corporate Sprint store today and said the phones would be available on Fri, otherwise they could order and ship one out that I could get by Wed.
    05-16-10 06:23 PM
    Just got off the phone and ordered two of them...one for me the other for my wife. I wanted two get three, another one for my daughter, but they would not give the third to me with all the discounts. She has only had her phone since October of last year. They did give me the discounts for my wife though...she was not supposed to get any discounts until Dec of this year. That was cool.

They said I will get the phones by May 20th. Does anyone know how the phones normally ship?

Funny thing, when I talked to the sales person on the phone they did not even know this phone was available yet. When it came up their sytem it was "Oh...there it is!"

BTW, ya i know it is another one of thoses posts, but I was in a corporate Sprint store today and said the phones would be available on Fri, otherwise they could order and ship one out that I could get by Wed.

what did you say to them? I was on the phone with them tonite and explained that I was a loyal customer, premier customer. My date is also in dec. and they wouldn't budge.. Only would give me the 75 dollar discount that's it.
    05-16-10 06:58 PM
    I ordered mine this morning it ran me 300 with a 100 mail-in. I expect it here on tuesday or wednesday.

05-16-10 08:36 PM
    Ordered one online this morning. I have a SERO plan with the BIS/BES/PAM add-on. I certainly hope it'll work with my plan...
    05-16-10 11:03 PM
    what did you say to them? I was on the phone with them tonite and explained that I was a loyal customer, premier customer. My date is also in dec. and they wouldn't budge.. Only would give me the 75 dollar discount that's it.
    Not sure if it is the same situation, but my wifes 2 year contract was up in Dec. When I called I mentioned I wanted to buy 3 phones...I was already past my two year obligation, still sporting the 8830, but aksed what they could do on the other two phones. I mentioned I had been a Sprint customer for a while, since 2001, and in the end, they siad they could get my wife the discount with the supervisors approval. The sales associate on the phone even tried to get the discount for my daughters phone, but since she had only had her phone since October of last year, they said they could do nothing.

I would say if they are not willing to hook you up, ask for a supervisor, and then customer retention if they have a department like that...works great for DirectTV.

Good Luck!
    05-16-10 11:54 PM
    Just ordered mine last night! I'll post my first impressions (with pics!) as soon as it gets here. Come on UPS! The waiting is the worst part. LOL

05-17-10 01:56 AM
    Not sure if it is the same situation, but my wifes 2 year contract was up in Dec. When I called I mentioned I wanted to buy 3 phones...I was already past my two year obligation, still sporting the 8830, but aksed what they could do on the other two phones. I mentioned I had been a Sprint customer for a while, since 2001, and in the end, they siad they could get my wife the discount with the supervisors approval. The sales associate on the phone even tried to get the discount for my daughters phone, but since she had only had her phone since October of last year, they said they could do nothing.

I would say if they are not willing to hook you up, ask for a supervisor, and then customer retention if they have a department like that...works great for DirectTV.

Good Luck!

oh, so her contract was up in dec '09? or '10? Mine is up in dec '10. Still tho I have been a loyal customer since the mid 90s when cell phones came out. I told them this.. wasn't effective with whom I talked to. She had me on hold and told me that she was working with her supervisor on this but when they got back on the line they said they could only move up a upgrade date by two weeks.. I knew this was bullcrap but I didn't feel like making a scene on the phone at the time. Today tho i am calling again and if I have to I will make a stink about it..
    05-17-10 06:05 AM
    Will receive by wednesday

05-17-10 06:22 AM
    Should get mine on Tuesday or Wednesday. It was $299.00 before the $100.00 mail in rebate. Don't care to wait for mail in rebates, but I've been waiting for this phone since I first heard about it! Waiting impatiently.
    05-17-10 06:34 AM
    Anyone actually get a tracking number for there order yet?
    05-17-10 07:49 AM
    Placed my order this morning. Ordering this phone was like the IPAD, order and wait for the tracking numbers, hope Sprint is not like Apple and had to wait to received it on the day it was released we know it won't be on Sunday, but I hope we don't have to wait until Saturday.
    05-17-10 08:34 AM
    got mine ordered today!
    i can post up my order# lol
    05-17-10 09:09 AM
    When can we expect to see some 9650 accessories?

05-17-10 09:56 AM
    oh, so her contract was up in dec '09? or '10? Mine is up in dec '10. Still tho I have been a loyal customer since the mid 90s when cell phones came out. I told them this.. wasn't effective with whom I talked to. She had me on hold and told me that she was working with her supervisor on this but when they got back on the line they said they could only move up a upgrade date by two weeks.. I knew this was bullcrap but I didn't feel like making a scene on the phone at the time. Today tho i am calling again and if I have to I will make a stink about it..
    Sorry...Wifes two year contract was up in Dec of 2010.
    05-17-10 10:45 AM
    Got my tracking # sent to me from Sprint for UPS. It's not yet in the system at UPS but Sprint's system has caught up and shown me it ready to leave their hands. I anticipate I'll have tomorrow if sent next day air.
    05-17-10 10:55 AM
    they should be sending overnight.
    05-17-10 12:53 PM
    ordered sunday mornin will get hopefully tuesday
    05-17-10 01:25 PM
    recieved ups tracking# this morning
    05-17-10 01:25 PM
    I notice Amazon has a number of accessories already. One is sort of strange - a tri-band signal booster.
    05-17-10 01:33 PM
520 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD