New to this forum. Just left Verizon today for the IPhone and I'm happy with my decision. I have a lot to learn and I hope these forums will be helpful. : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 06:34 PM
    welcome to the ever growing population of ex-storm owners. I made the jump from the first storm so I know where your coming from. Ask away, plenty of people here will help
    05-15-10 07:51 PM
    New to this forum. Just left Verizon today for the IPhone and I'm happy with my decision. I have a lot to learn and I hope these forums will be helpful. : )

Welcome to the iPhone. I know you are going to love it. I never used the Storm but I have heard many many bad things about it form people on this site as well as others. What are your impressions of the iPhone as it compares to the Storm so far?
    05-15-10 07:54 PM
    I guess I shouldn't apologize for saying this but IMO the iPhone blows the storm 2 away. The only thing it doesn't have is BBM which wasn't a deal breaker for me. Only sorry I waited so long!

05-15-10 08:39 PM
    why didnt you wait a few weeks and just get the new iphone coming out?
    05-15-10 09:11 PM
    Now why do you want to go making the OP feel all crappy? LOL Can't you just be they love the iPhone.
    05-15-10 09:38 PM
    Welcome to the world of real touch scream phones!

PS: I think AT&T still offer a 30 day exchange policy. So if the iPhone HD (or whatever they call it) is released in time you can still switch to it ...
    05-16-10 05:58 AM
    im tryin to decide if i wanna take mine back within the 30 days or not and wait for new one. But who knows when it will come out and how much it will be. Plus we will still be able to upgrade to the new 4.0 they will roll out. Its tough decision!
    05-16-10 08:05 AM
    I really didn't give it any thought as far as what would be coming out soon. I can tell you I'm happy and this has been much easier to use than I thought! Not to mention the money I'm saving over Verizon, AT&T gives better discounts to local hospital employees. I have 5 full bars in my house, with Verizon I only got 2 or 3. That surprised me. Hey everyone thanks for being nice unlike some other smartphone users!

05-16-10 08:20 AM
    You should have waited for the new iPhone coming out next month.

05-16-10 01:26 PM
    best decision i ever made...i hated the storm vs the iphone
    05-16-10 03:20 PM
    best decision i ever made...i hated the storm vs the iphone
    +1 there is no comparison!
    05-16-10 04:48 PM
    I almost didn't get the IPhone because of my crappy storm. I'm glad I did what a difference!
    05-16-10 07:48 PM
    I really didn't give it any thought as far as what would be coming out soon. I can tell you I'm happy and this has been much easier to use than I thought! Not to mention the money I'm saving over Verizon, AT&T gives better discounts to local hospital employees. I have 5 full bars in my house, with Verizon I only got 2 or 3. That surprised me. Hey everyone thanks for being nice unlike some other smartphone users!

I definitely think you'll want the new iPhone when it comes out. It'll have better hardware. Here's what I would do, use the iPhone you have now and give it back before the 30 days but after WWDC. At the WWDC event next month, there will most likely be an announcement of the new iPhone. Get a cheap AT&T phone to use for a little while so when you turn the phone back in, you'll still have service and since you'll be using your own phone you'll still have an upgrade available. Once it's announced, pre-order your new iPhone.
    05-17-10 09:23 AM
    exactly.. even if you don't care for the upgrade, I'm sure the price of the 3GS would have dropped by $100. I'd definitely return it within the 30 day period. You're going to be stuck with this thing for 2 years, might as well get the best you can.
    05-17-10 07:14 PM
    I have a blackberry storm currently on verizon wireless, and i got it a couple months ago. But I am constantly trying to find ways to make it better because it never seems up to par.
    05-19-10 03:31 AM
    I made the same jump about 6 months ago. Love my iPhone, but I changed my travel route and AT&T's coverage in those areas is poor, so I'll be selling my iPhone (on another forum, and probably here as well) and heading back to Verizon to get the Incredible.

The iPhone is great, just make sure you have coverage everywhere you need it.
    05-19-10 02:37 PM
    Welcome. I love my iPhone and in less than 2 weeks I found out I will NEVER make the switch again. I'm good.
    05-19-10 03:15 PM
    It is nice not always feeling the need to make it better with themes or the latest hybrid. It does what it is supposed to do. Will I ever have to worry about memory leaks again!?

05-19-10 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD