i've had a few unwanted obscene text ads on skype mobile. I don't see any settings online or on my device for only receiving txts from contacts. Is that how it is? Get male enhancement ads you don't want or don't use the program? Somehow it doesn't seem right. I spoke at length to a vzw tech guy who didn't know much. Can anyone help me? Please?
    05-15-10 05:25 PM
    First of all, I would not want to see ads for that either.

But you are going to have a hard time convincing anyone that they are obscene. I would venture a guess that they don't come anywhere close to the rules for declaring something obscene.

Lastly, you can try sending a email requesting that those type of ads not be displayed, but you probably are not going to be successful in getting it changed.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=v0pYRGgb
    05-15-10 06:45 PM
    Emailing them won't help. The spam comes from Skype themselves. Even after changing my privacy settings on the Skype website online, I still received the ads. I ended up just deleteing the app-I don't use Skype nor do I need it.
    05-15-10 09:02 PM
    I get that on my computer. There isn't a whole lot you can do I think.
    05-15-10 09:43 PM
    What's pissing me off is the nonstop bra support ads on my email accounts. GRR.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 10:39 PM
    I'm glad I didn't install it I knew it was a trick .
    05-17-10 07:11 AM
    I'm glad I didn't install it I knew it was a trick .
    The ads don't come with the install, it comes with the Skype account. Even if you didn't have it on your phone they would send you messages when you were logged in on the PC. The problem is that Skype is always on, therefore always able to receive ads. And once they have you in an IM, even if you set your privacy settings to "contacts only" they can continue to send you ads.
    05-17-10 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD