Helloooo
    I've upgraded and downgraded a number of times before, though it's been awhile since I last did it. So I've been trying for a couple hours now to upgrade from 4.6 back to the latest stable build of 5.0 (.610).

I am a Mac user -- and because of the conflicts of which OS the usb should connect to I finally disabled the Mac Desktop software just so the darn thing would shut up.

Anyway - I made sure to delete all previous OS's in the software management of windows. I ran the exe. I launched the Windows Desktop Software. And all it keeps saying is that the core applications of 4.6 will be updated (which, if I remember correctly it should give me a list of 5.0 apps that are going to be installed) ... in fact some apps will be deleted.

Does anyone have a clue as to what I could be doing wrong? Its as if the device doesnt realize theres 5.0 software waiting for it.
    05-15-10 04:16 PM
    I don't believe it's possible to load a beta OS using a Mac. Try loading the official 5.0.0.592.
    05-15-10 04:21 PM
    Make sure to disconnect from the Internet if you use DM but I would run the loader.exe located in the same file location as the vendor file.
    05-15-10 04:21 PM
    have you tried using the loader.exe instead of Desktop Manager.
    05-15-10 04:23 PM
    @SaneinOne: Im using a virtual machine on a Mac, but as far as the devices know, I'm on a windows machine.

@andyads & kirkbr: I've never used loader.exe but I just tried it. The "Device Application Selection" screen shows all my apps and the action is set to NONE. Nothing in the list suggests I'll be uploading the OS. There are no core apps listed. So I clicked the ADD button at the top of the dialog box, chose the exe for the new OS and it says it's not compatible with my device. Some XML error. It is only looking for app loader files (.alx, .ali) anyway, so I didn't think that would work. Am I not using loader.exe correctly?
    05-15-10 07:24 PM
    This is the loader you use. Double click on it as it is an .exe file: (
    Make sure DM is not running.)

05-15-10 07:31 PM
    Yes, sorry if I miscommunicated... but that is the program I used and I was unsuccessful. That which I described in my last post is what happened.
    Last edited by zocks; 05-15-10 at 08:02 PM.
    05-15-10 07:56 PM
    So you've installed .610 to virtual PC and deleted vendor.xml file?
    05-15-10 08:05 PM
    So you've installed .610 to virtual PC and deleted vendor.xml file?
    GAAhhhh! The vendor.xml file! I've forgotten about that part. (it really should be included in the tutorial, no?) It's running now and looking good so far, thanks.
    05-15-10 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD