Simple guidelines.

What phone do you have now?

Why are you getting the bold?

I'll go first.

What? HTC Touch Diamond

Why? Phone sounds like a workhorse. Tired of the touchscreen on my Diamond. Want to try out a physical QWERTY phone and Blackberry is the best from what i've read. BBM, couple friends have BB including the Wife so sending her a BBM over works WiFi will be 100times more efficient than hoping for a signal in my building
    05-15-10 03:43 PM
    I have a Palm Pre.

I too am tired of the touchscreen even thought the pre has a keyboard it's to small. The screen size is also to smaill on the pre. I left a BB and have regreted it for a year.
    05-15-10 03:51 PM
    I've got the Palm Treo Pro for now. Hate the midget keyboard. Hate the glossy fingerprinted back. Still want a full qwerty kb. Still place a higher priority on having a quality phone/email first, toy second. And gotta finally join the BB world. I can't wait!!
    05-15-10 03:54 PM
    My previous phones

Iphone, Nokia N95, Nokia E71, Htc g1, htc mytouch, htc hd2 , but each one of these phones have its issues

Iphone = locked down, have to hack it to unlock it, not good for international travel without hacks.

Nokia N95 = Unlocked, great photos and videos, but texting and email suck still a good phone

E71 - texting and email great, phone build quality excellent, but picture/video quality were terrible

G1 - love the keyboard and phone itself, was a little slow, took horrible pictures/videos but, best keyboard phone I have used

My touch - too small, onscreen keyboard frustrating , fragmented android market (some devices on 1.5 , 1.6 2.0, 2.1 ) wtf

HD2 - excellent video and photos !, on screen keyboard not so bad, but no apps , phone lags , might as well be a "dumb phone" and not a smart phone , no apps to save it , interface is clunky, and phone feels cheap

So I am going to try a blackberry for the first time, I hope it takes good pics and records quality video (in mp4 format, or has format options ) Being an expensive phone, I would assume it does these things?

Also realizing that touch screen phones are more of a novelty its hard to be productive on a touchsceen when the phone is lagging to catch up with your keys or mistyping constantly

Im hoping the unlocked blackberry will be easy for me to use overseas with a sim, just put in the sim and go (I hope) , it has been easy with my other unlocked phones, so hopefully no issues
    Last edited by SirGodLess; 05-15-10 at 04:04 PM.
    05-15-10 03:58 PM
    I have the BB Tour 9630

I love having a BB but I want a BB that will have Wi-Fi capabilities as well as browse the web faster. Hopefully once the web-kit comes out this phone it will be lights out and the browser will be ridiculous. Only time will tell.
    05-15-10 04:04 PM
    current- 8330
    had the tour 1 but got rid of it and got pre because the tour trackball was an issue 3 times and phone was buggy. Pre was not much better although i loved the OS, but the hardware, reception, and battery life were always an issue. not to mention i found out that touchscreen phones are not for me. originally i was not getting the bold 9650 because all that was changed was the trackpad and wifi.. but after hearing about webkit, 6.0 and the increased ram i decided i would pick it up. unless there's an announcement that the clamshell 9670 is coming to Sprint. but that doesn't look like its happening any time soon.
    05-15-10 04:04 PM
    Can't get used to touch screen devices, virtual kb's just plain don't work for me. Coming from a wm tp2 and ozone. TP2 is to much device, size wise and the ozone is perfect except for the low screen resolution. Been checking out the "BOLD" and like the form and better screen resolution. Also, I love one-handed use-ability of the BB form. Might give it a go and just check it out.
    05-15-10 04:28 PM
    What phone do you have now? Storm 9530

Why are you getting the bold? Getting because i wanna be included in future updates and i hate my storm touchscreen. Storm breaks easy and the memory sucks. on my 3rd about to be 4th replacement storm in just 10 min lol
    05-15-10 05:17 PM
    Currently have a Curve 8330m. I can't upgrade the OS

Curve needs a new battery. Why buy a battery when I can buy a whole new BB? <g> Actually I'm looking forward to a 32G memory card for my media and the upgradable OS.
    Last edited by LRB; 05-15-10 at 05:29 PM. Reason: typos
    05-15-10 05:27 PM

WITHOUT question RIM makes the most stable smartphone on the market. I do a battery pull once every 3 months at MOST. It does everything it is suppose to and does it well. The curve literally allowed me to complete a 40 million dollar corporate business merger through the office tools and email capabilities. I literally could NOT have done it without the on the go business support tools with the phone. I should make a commercial for them it was so successful. I don't know if the phone has an hour counter in it but it is literally worn ragged with overuse. SO it is time for a new phone. I hope this new bold will be as reliable as my old 8330. I like the wifi capability and a large physical keyboard...
    05-15-10 05:35 PM
    BB 8330

Bought it second hand and love it. But it is starting to go - speaker, battery etc. Love the form factor. Now, just bring on the Bold and I'll be happy! Although, I am interested in the BB Slider that ATT is getting. So I will get the Bold with one year contract.
    05-15-10 05:44 PM
    Current phone..Tour

I'm getting the bold because I want wifi, more memory, trackpad, and a phone that can run webkit and 6.0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 06:38 PM
    Current phone: LG Chocolate 3

I'm getting the bold because I want something with a keyboard, internet browsing, and good email capabilities for my internship this summer. Not to mention that it's better at just about everything than my current phone.
    05-15-10 07:22 PM
    Current phone: VZW 8330

Why Bold: thought about getting the EVO but not to crazy about touch screen since I have an iPod Touch already. Going to Sprint for the Bold & cheaper plans.
    05-15-10 07:47 PM
    Current: VZW 8330
    Why Bold: Even though my 8330 is a workhorse, i need the extra ram cause I BBM all the live long day and do a lot of email for work! I also run podcasts constantly and these things combined lead me to battery pulls, about three a day! It takes my phone almost 12 minutes to recover from a battery pull.
    I want a better camera and more memory...every thing else is icing on the cake for me!
    05-15-10 08:02 PM
    Now, the Tour.

Bold for the track pad and hopefully faster performance.
    05-15-10 08:04 PM
    I have the Tour 9630 (original release no exhanges)

Son's old 8330 curve is dying a slow death.. he gets the Tour I get the new Bold. Makes sense to me!
    05-15-10 08:35 PM
    What phone do you have now? 7290

Why are you getting the Bold? 7290, duh!
    05-15-10 08:40 PM
    I currently have a Tour 9630.

I am getting the 9650 because it is the Tour with WiFi and an optical pad. It will allow me to keep the battery covers that I recently purchased from coveroo.com (4 in all) and all the accessories I currently have (charging stand and USB cables). Come on big red!!
    05-15-10 08:44 PM
    Current phone is the Tour
    I'm getting the Bold for the trackpad, more memory and a phone that can run OS 6.0
    05-15-10 08:52 PM
    I have the 8330
    I want the 9650 b/c I currently have the 8330

Need new now!!
    05-15-10 09:01 PM
    Tour

Getting, the bold simply because I want the latest and the greatest..... (bb that is)
    05-15-10 09:08 PM
    Tour

Getting the Bold for 6.0 compatibility for the most part, but trackpad and more memory are a plus.
    05-15-10 09:09 PM

I want the 9650z cause while I liked the Nathanix Hybrids, I know the phone cycle life of this phone is past and I don't want to end up like I did when I had the i930 when the rest of the world was modern.
    05-15-10 09:09 PM
    My current phone is a Curve 8330.

I'm looking into getting the Bold 9650 because it has more memory for applications, trackpad, and WiFi. I hope the keypad is not made of hard plastic like my Curve. My keypad now is loud and hard on the fingers. My Curve also takes a while to recover from battery pulls. The phone lags for about 4 or 5 minutes after a battery pull, then things will eventually speed up again. Very annoying. I also want a faster processor. Trying to view pictures on my phone is a pain.
    If the 9650 is not all that, then I may end up with the Incredible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cdf3; 05-15-10 at 10:22 PM.
    05-15-10 10:19 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD