How do I load JAD and JAR files to my BB? You know, like games and apps. The app loader doesn't see them.
    09-09-07 08:03 AM
    Actually, you can load ./jad/.jar files off the media card (assuming you have one) just place them in a folder then ''explore'' to the files on the media card, the Download button will be there, but you already have the file your not actually downloading it, as soon as you hit download it will install to the device and voila also you can download tha .jad/.jar converter (changes to .alx files..ie loadable by desktop manager).. around on some BB sites (I'm not linking to it, as I have no experience in using it, therefore do not support it) but the media card option will def work.
    Install Desktop Manager on your PC. Now, connect the BlackBerry, double click on Application loader, and point to said jad / jar files...
    09-09-07 08:06 AM
    Isnt .jad an OTA file extension?
    09-09-07 08:24 AM
    Yes, sorry, TMag is right there...
    09-09-07 08:50 AM
    I will lt you off this time Ivan
    09-09-07 01:53 PM
    Ok, I opened up Application Loader and clicked the “Add…” button> Changed the file type to look for all files> selected the .jad file> and clicked OK. I got an error - “No additional applications designed for your device were found”

Is my stuff messed up? Did I abuse it too much and the BB Gods won’t let me play anymore? Or am I too dumb to see what is keeping me from Attack Chopper 3?

Thanks for helping me through this.
    09-09-07 07:02 PM
    Sorry, the .jad is used for OTA (over the air). Meaning these are normally online somewhere, and you browse to it from the BlackBerry, and it does the install for you...
    09-09-07 07:24 PM
    Got it. Thanks anyway. Live and learn!
    09-09-07 08:16 PM
    Actually, you can load ./jad/.jar files off the media card (assuming you have one) just place them in a folder then ''explore'' to the files on the media card, the Download button will be there, but you already have the file your not actually downloading it, as soon as you hit download it will install to the device and voila also you can download tha .jad/.jar converter (changes to .alx files..ie loadable by desktop manager).. around on some BB sites (I'm not linking to it, as I have no experience in using it, therefore do not support it) but the media card option will def work.
    09-10-07 10:58 PM
    I'll give that a try, thanks!
    09-11-07 07:24 AM
    I have tried a program to conver jar to the other format and it doesnt work. I have tried the put it to the memory card and it still doesnt work. Am i doing something wrong?
    03-21-08 12:55 AM
    How About .RAR files???? How do you download those or extract?
    03-21-08 08:21 AM
    How do u "explore" to the memory card?
    04-11-08 08:10 PM
    go under ringtones/media card/menu/explore
    04-11-08 10:34 PM
    How About .RAR files???? How do you download those or extract?
    .rar files are an alternative to .zip files. Some people prefer them to .zip files. Windows ca open .zip files as standard. It cannot open a .rara file on its own. You need a special program for that There are a number of them available on the web. Most of them are not free BUT, 7-zip from here (you need to download the .exe file) is free for use for ever.

Install this program on your PC.

Download the .rar file to your PC. Right button mouse click on it and select 7-Zip and then extract files. Follow the prompts and there you go.

.rar files, like .zip files can sometimes have a password attached. If this happens then you need the password before it will extract the contents. This is usually a way of trying to get money out of you.

Pete
    04-12-08 06:28 AM
    go under ringtones/media card/menu/explore

Hey kjun. Actually you can goto Media and hit the Menu key and then select Explore.

Pete
    04-12-08 06:30 AM
    I am facing the same problem. Downloaded the files and sent them to my mem card and tried to install and got a 907 error what ever that is. Or they ju�� failed period. Any help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-08 07:43 PM
    Hello, I installed a jar application through the media card, but didn't work, not I can't uninstall it using Desktop Manager. Any idea of how to erase this??
    Last edited by wazy; 06-25-08 at 04:18 PM.
    06-25-08 04:14 PM
    Ok you seem smart, so here goes. I throw the.jad or .jar files on my media card which go through the process of copying and show up in their folder while using desktop manager. The problem that I am having is that they don't show up in the folder on the blackberry. I can't see them to open them.
    Any fix?
    06-25-08 07:31 PM
    isnt there any free applications that convert .jad or .jar files to .alx or anything else?!?!?
    06-25-08 07:38 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/search....archid=3189189

the answer to all of our problems, but I couldnt figure it out. Why so hard

i just want to be able to load .jad or .jars on my 4gb card and be able to see them on the blackberry or convert them

Someone can make a killing on a converter prog that is easy and works
    Last edited by defi9; 06-25-08 at 10:54 PM. Reason: because i added
    06-25-08 09:33 PM
    ya im having problems with like zelda 3 for instant idk how to install i put it in app folder when i connect my device then run desk manager but it will say error or some **** help anyone?
    10-07-08 04:12 PM
    I have tried a program to conver jar to the other format and it doesnt work. I have tried the put it to the memory card and it still doesnt work. Am i doing something wrong?
    Hi, did you ever figure out how to load or convert the .jad/.jar files onto the BB? I am having the same problem?
    10-15-08 11:13 AM
    THIS WORKS. I just finished doing it.To install .jar files on Blackberry, download .jar file to your PC. Open Media Manager with your device connected. Navigate to the device in Media Manager. Create a folder call Games or use one already established on your device. Move .jar file from the downloaded location to the new folder by drag and drop. File is now on your Blackberry. On the Blackberry, scroll to your Media icon and select. Hit the menu button and select Explore. Go to The downloaded folder and select the file.
    Use the media manager. I used a .jar file. Once you have the .jar/.jad on your berry you no longer need to be connected. Also after you finished you can remove the .jar/.jad.
    02-28-09 04:50 PM
    How do u "explore" to the memory card?
    Media Icon.
    02-28-09 04:58 PM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD