Well I must say its time to get rid of the Storm 2. I cant the screen click problems, bluetooth problems, screen lock problems any longer. I received my Droid Eris last night and even though it takes a litle getting used to Im really liking it. The form factor, size and weight blows the Storm 2 out of the water for me anyway. Sorry to see it go but its plain and simple a crappy device.
    05-14-10 03:49 PM
    Well I must say its time to get rid of the Storm 2. I cant the screen click problems, bluetooth problems, screen lock problems any longer. I received my Droid Eris last night and even though it takes a litle getting used to Im really liking it. The form factor, size and weight blows the Storm 2 out of the water for me anyway. Sorry to see it go but its plain and simple a crappy device.
    You don't have to apologize for ditching the storm 1.5. Not exactly sure why you chose the Eris, but welcome to Android!
    05-14-10 03:54 PM
    Actually im only 6 months into my 2 year contract. Verizon's policy is to replace the phone with the same phone if there is a problem. I do not want a blackberry again so my options were very limited. The HTC Incredible is the one I really wanted to switch to but because its so new I would have to pay full retail which I refuse to do. My only smartphone options to replace the Storm 2 with were other blackberries or the Htc Eris or Motorola Droid. I dont care for the feel of the droid so I opted for the Eris. Which is fine because I can upgrade in November anyway.
    05-14-10 05:51 PM
    Good luck with the new phone, I recently swtiched from my HTC Touch HD to a BB Storm 2 9520 for work and though the OS is pretty basic to compared to what I was used to I'm actually enjoying some of the features of the Stornm and the email especially with attachments is terrific.
    05-14-10 05:56 PM
    Cool story...thread reported.
    05-14-10 05:59 PM
    Sorry to see it go but its plain and simple a crappy device.
    In your opinion.
    05-14-10 07:51 PM
    Your loss...IMO its the cream of the crop.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-10 08:36 PM
    Good luck with your new phone. Enjoy AndroidCentral!
    05-14-10 09:00 PM
    So guys, I'm having an awesome time on my Storm2! It's by far the best BB I've ever owned.

05-14-10 10:06 PM
    Droid Eris = Women's Android phone

05-14-10 10:13 PM
    It is a great device and it sounds like the user is the problem..If you know how to use it and what makes bad things happen then it is flawless.

My friend went thru 3 Eris's and gave up...LMAO at the chick pic above...awesome...
    05-15-10 08:28 AM
    I couldn't take any phone other than my Storm 2. I played with my cousins Droid and had a Pre Plus for a month. Once the coolness factor wore off I missed the simpler things my Berry did so well that are missing from the others. Everyone's needs and preferences are different however. I tested the other waters but will not be straying away again anytime soon.
    05-15-10 09:48 AM

Getting a new phone is like the euphoria when you first start dating someone when everything is hot and exciting. It takes a little while before you can really see how you feel about the Eris.
    05-15-10 11:11 AM
    Droid Eris = Women's Android phone

LOL

...maybe you can get that pink cover too
    05-15-10 11:13 AM
    Im just a little over 2 weeks into my Incredible and can't say enough about the handset and Android. You will love the android system. I get my e mails almost as fast as my BB so that isn't even an issue. Its so nice to have a phone thats not all wonky now.
    05-15-10 11:31 AM
    It is a great device and it sounds like the user is the problem..If you know how to use it and what makes bad things happen then it is flawless.

My friend went thru 3 Eris's and gave up...LMAO at the chick pic above...awesome...
    +1 I agree!

My brother has gone through 5 or 6
    05-15-10 11:37 AM
    LOL

...maybe you can get that pink cover too
    LOL Isn't it cute?
    05-15-10 12:28 PM
    Im just a little over 2 weeks into my Incredible and can't say enough about the handset and Android. You will love the android system. I get my e mails almost as fast as my BB so that isn't even an issue. Its so nice to have a phone thats not all wonky now.
    Hmmm....I've got an S2; my wife has an S2...neither one is "wonky". (just curious--since you no longer have a Storm, why are you here?)
    05-15-10 12:56 PM
    User error yet again.

05-15-10 05:02 PM
    I went to the gym today.

Oh.. my mistake.. I thought we were sharing stories that no one else on the internet really cares about?

If you don't like the phone than get a new one.. I don't see why every single person that does so has to come into the forums to let everyone know. Just get the phone and move on.
    05-15-10 05:09 PM
    I don't see why every single person that does so has to come into the forums to let everyone know. Just get the phone and move on.
    To a certain extent, I agree. However, ultimately this is a Storm 2 discussion forum. And if someone is discussing how their experiences with a new device compares to their experiences with an S2, I'd say that's as relevant as any of the other (mostly useless) posts on here. If you think about it, 90% of posts fall into one of three categories...

1. Posts where users were too lazy to read the manual or learn how to use the search function of the site
    2. Posts about features we're waiting on
    3. iPhone / Android comparisons

At least with #3, it yields some discussions on the pluses and minuses of what we have vs. what's become available. Beyond that, the forum has little real content.
    05-15-10 05:22 PM
    To a certain extent, I agree. However, ultimately this is a Storm 2 discussion forum. And if someone is discussing how their experiences with a new device compares to their experiences with an S2, I'd say that's as relevant as any of the other (mostly useless) posts on here. If you think about it, 90% of posts fall into one of three categories...

1. Posts where users were too lazy to read the manual or learn how to use the search function of the site
    2. Posts about features we're waiting on
    3. iPhone / Android comparisons

At least with #3, it yields some discussions on the pluses and minuses of what we have vs. what's become available. Beyond that, the forum has little real content.
    That's fine I guess. But there are also numerous posts where someone has already sparked a discussion starting with "I don't like the Storm2, so I'm buying phoneX" ... I guess it's just my opinion, but I feel like just one of those threads is enough... All it does is began the same back and forth "my phone is better" "no my phone is" conversation that we've seen..

I guess I can just stop reading them though
    05-15-10 05:31 PM
    Ok Im not one to say my phone is better. Also its not user error. Im well aware of how the phone shall work. I personally had it with the crappy storm 2 phones I did have. My personal experience with them was nothing but bad thats all. It was just time for something new. It was pleasure dealing with the people on here that helped one another and I appreciate it. Sorry I upset so many people on here and thanks to the ones that supported me. For the ones that did get upset I hate for the day your mom and dad take your blackberry from you. It was a pleasure. Oh and the reason Im still on crackberry is because my wife still has hers and there a lot of good people on here.
    05-15-10 10:20 PM
    Why are you sorry to see it go if it was so plain and crappy?
    Is there ever any logic to whining and sniveling?

05-16-10 06:11 AM
    I am really concerned about many of the new Android jumpers. The way they express their pleasure and excitement leads me to believe that they are always chasing after the newest thing. At that rate, they will be trying to break out of their contract every 3 months.

Most BB owners know wat they are getting and are content sticking with it until their comittment is satisfied. I do say most.
    05-16-10 10:01 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD